Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Egg that Rome Laid

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Egg that Rome Laid

Postby Ironman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:19 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Did you ever notice how often the word "father" is used in the NT Epistles to refer to men, rather than God?

I never called my earthly father, "HOLY FATHER." I have not read any Scriptures where earthly men called their earthly fathers, "HOLY FATHER."

I have read scripture where Jesus called His Father, "HOLY FATHER." John 17:11.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:53 pm

Is it wrong to call a human being "holy"?

Besides, the command is to call no man "father." Even without the "holy" in front of it, the Apostles still erred, according to your logic.

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:00 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Is it wrong to call a human being "holy"?

Besides, the command is to call no man "father." Even without the "holy" in front of it, the Apostles still erred, according to your logic.

What has this to do with my logic????
JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF SAID: Matthew 23:9, And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven."

This is not my logic, even you admit there is a scripture stating call no man "father." Not my command, and not my logic. Anything the apostles did, be it wrong or right, that's between them and God, NOT ME! :neutral:

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:08 pm

So, according to you, the writers of the New Testament were wrong to call anyone "father" except God?

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:So, according to you, the writers of the New Testament were wrong to call anyone "father" except God?

Wake up will you, it has nothing to do with ME. Jesus Christ in the Scripture clearly says: Matthew 23:9, And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." Sort it out with "HIM."

Can you please get off my back, Mr Collage of Knowledge!

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Yes, He does command that we call no man "father."

However, there must be an understanding that the Apostles had that you lack, for they did refer to men as "fathers."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:31 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Yes, He does command that we call no man "father."

However, there must be an understanding that the Apostles had that you lack, for they did refer to men as "fathers."

An understanding I lack? I'm not one of Christs apostles and I never said I had their understanding of anything?

Is there an "IGNORE USER" tab on this site?? :-|

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Yes, there is. Just click on the username of the person you want to ignore and click on "Add Foe."

I will add you to my ignore list, now.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Yes, there is. Just click on the username of the person you want to ignore and click on "Add Foe."

Thank you. I wont be ignoring you and now I can still read your rubbish, have my say if I want to and know you wont respond to my posts. :angel:

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:21 pm

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Yes, there is. Just click on the username of the person you want to ignore and click on "Add Foe."

Thank you. I wont be ignoring you and now I can still read your rubbish, have my say if I want to and know you wont respond to my posts. :angel:

Adding someone to your ignore list doesn't mean that you can't see or respond to their posts.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”