Dake Bible Discussion BoardThe Egg that Rome Laid

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

The Egg that Rome Laid

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:30 pm

Perhaps, you may find this of interest... An Orthodox writer writing on the Protestant Reformation...

https://blogs.ancientfaith.com/orthodoxyandheterodoxy/2017/10/02/reformation-500-orthodox-view/

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: The Egg that Rome Laid

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:00 pm

The Very Rev. Archpriest Andrew Stephen Damick ? What's the difference between reverent priest and a very reverent priest? A Reverend is a priest or minister in a variety of denominational traditions; a Very Reverand is more tradition specific. In Anglicanism, Very Reverand refers to a priest who is or once was the dean of a cathedral; in the Greek Orthodox Church, it refers to an Archimandrite, the superior of a monastic community; and in Roman Catholicism, it refers to a number of priestly roles whose jurisdiction is beyond that of pastor (including cathedral deans and superiors of religious communities).

Father Andrew Stephen Damick. Why do men defy the Father in Heaven by using His Holy Name.

Matthew 23:9, And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Holy Father is reserved for The Father Himself, not for mere sinners, mere men, reverend, very reverend or not. Anything written by someone calling themselves father, is of no interest to me. They have defied the Father by elevating themselves to His Holy Name.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:23 pm

call no man your father upon the earth

Actually watched a video from Roman Catholic apologist, Jimmy Akin, today, on this very subject.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sOgcUOt8E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sOgcUOt8E

If Akin is wrong in his conclusion, they the Apostle Paul also seems to have erred in considering himself a father to some Christians.

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:40 pm

The NIV, corrupts these verses;

1 Corinthians 4:14-15New International Version (NIV)
Paul’s Appeal and Warning
v. 14, I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children.

v. 15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

The KJV version. 1 Cor. 4:14-15, v. 14, I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.

v. 15, For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

No mention of Paul calling himself father here. What Paul is saying here is, Though you may have many who offer their services as your instructors, you have only one by whom you were converted and who has a parental feeling for you. (V. 15).

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:01 pm

Acts 4:10-12, v.10, Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

v. 11, This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

v. 12, Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

These Scriptural passages alone eliminates 99% of this world's religions including the catholic church who worship Mary and who teach and believe that she is Co-Redemptrix with Christ. Not to mention the hundreds of other pagan traditions they have absorbed into their church.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:22 pm

Regarding the NIV versus the KJV issue...

How would you refute the claim that some might make saying that the KJV corrupts such verses? Is the KJV right simply by being the KJV? What reason is there to trust the KJV over the NIV in these verses?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:16 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Regarding the NIV versus the KJV issue...

How would you refute the claim that some might make saying that the KJV corrupts such verses? Is the KJV right simply by being the KJV? What reason is there to trust the KJV over the NIV in these verses?

What's wrong with the NIV?
In a word... EVERYTHING! Do you have any idea how many things were eviscerated (disemboweled) from the Bible by the NIV authors? Hundreds of words, phrases, and even entire Bible verses were removed from the Word of God by the NIV butchers. Whereas the King James Bible mentions the "Godhead" three times, the NIV has completely removed the word. You won't find the word "propitiation" in the NIV either. In fact, all of the following words have been removed from the Bible by the NIV butchers: regeneration, mercyseat, Calvary, remission, Jehovah, immutable, omnipotent, Comforter, Holy Ghost, quickened, infallible, et cetera. One of the most blasphemous omissions in the NIV is in John 3:16 where Jesus is no longer proclaimed as the “only BEGOTTEN Son of God.” The NIV butchers removed the word "begotten" from John 3:16.

How in the name of truth and justice could any professed Christian use the New International Version?

The NIV translators removed 64,576 words as compared to the King James Bible! Words are very important! God put “every Word” there for a reason, so we could live by them!

Matthew 4:4, “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. If I am to live for God, then I need an “every Word” Bible. We have it thank God, in the inspired King James Bible! The Bible is truth!

That's not all that the wicked NIV deceivers took out of the Bible. The word "sodomite" is completely gone, as is the words: fornication, trucebreakers, winebibbers, carnal, slothful, unthankful, effeminate, backbiting, vanity, lasciviousness, whoredom, devils, Lucifer, damnation, brimstone, and the bottomless pit. I'm not kidding, go check for yourself! It's not surprising that the word “sodomite” is completely gone, when you learn that an open unrepentant homosexual, Dr. Marten Woudstra (now deceased), was the chairman of the Old Testament committee. To no surprise, the homosexual community is excited about the new upcoming NIV2011. Why would any truly born-again believer who loves Jesus Christ use a corrupted Bible that caters to the homosexual agenda? Not me brother!

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Ironman wrote:What's wrong with the NIV?
In a word... EVERYTHING!

On the Protestant versus RCC/Orthodox argument... I'm not sure what the NIV has to do with it. I do not believe that Jimmy Akin was quoting the NIV, as it isn't an approved RCC translation. He may have quoted an RCC version that is similar to the NIV in the passage in question, but I doubt it was the NIV.

Either way, though, this comes down to a which Bible is the true Bible question and who has the authority to say who is right. If Rome is right, then Akin wins the argument. If Rome is wrong, what authority did King James even have to make a Bible version?

And, this being the Dake Bible Discussion Board, any user of the Dake Bible should be well aware of all the places that Dake thought the translators of the KJV missed it.

The RCC has 2,000 or so years of history, tradition, and scholarship on their side. If the KJV is as flawed as it seems to be according to Dake's notes, pointing to the KJV as an authoritative source beyond question seems quite odd. What if the RCC apologist, Jimmy Akin, is using a more superior translation than the KJV?

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Postby macca » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:38 am

For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother.

The Christian has only one Father and He is Father God the Father of spirits.

No man can usurp the title and position of our Almighty God as our Father.

The teaching of devils and demons has no place in the Church of Jesus Christ.

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:13 pm

Did you ever notice how often the word "father" is used in the NT Epistles to refer to men, rather than God?

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”