Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS IT BAPTIMAL REGENARATION OR REGENERATION BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

IS IT BAPTIMAL REGENARATION OR REGENERATION BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST???

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:59 pm

WHICH IS IT???

BAPTISMAL REGENERATION AS I WAS TAUGHT IN THE CATHOLIC CHURCH????????????

OR WAS IT JUSTIFICATION BY FAITH IN THE PRECIOUS BLOOD OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST????

WHAT SAY YOU??????????????

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS IT BAPTIMAL REGENARATION OR REGENERATION BY FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST???

Postby Ironman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:05 pm

The Catholic Church teaches that:
Baptism is necessary for salvation (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1277).
Baptism causes regeneration. (In theological jargon, baptism is said to be the instrumental cause of regeneration). Baptism is not only a sign; it actually brings about the new birth. “Through baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1213).

Here is where they are wrong, as in most things.
1. They don't baptize by immersion as Christ was, they sprinkle a little water on >BABIES< and adults heads and believe they are baptized.

2. And Baptism is NOT for salvation.

They also teach and believe;

1. Baptism without personal faith saves (as in the case of infant baptism).

2. Without baptism, faith does not save (as in the case of catechumens who are not yet saved because they are not yet baptised, even though they have repented and believed in Christ).

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:02 pm

Haz is demonstrably ignorant concerning the particulars of RCC beliefs.

Thus the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Those who die for the faith, those who are catechumens, and all those who, without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fulfill his will, are saved even if they have not been baptized" (CCC 1281; the salvation of unbaptized infants is also possible under this system; cf. CCC 1260–1, 1283).
https://www.catholic.com/tract/the-necessity-of-baptism

But you've asked a great question, Billy. :angel:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:39 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Haz is demonstrably ignorant concerning the particulars of RCC beliefs.

Thus the Catechism of the Catholic Church states: "Those who die for the faith, those who are catechumens, and all those who, without knowing of the Church but acting under the inspiration of grace, seek God sincerely and strive to fulfill his will, are saved even if they have not been baptized" (CCC 1281; the salvation of unbaptized infants is also possible under this system; cf. CCC 1260–1, 1283).

I might be ignorant, but I know this much. SPRINKLING on the forheads of BABIES and Adults is not being baptized. To be baptized is to be fully immersed in water as Jesus was. Splashing or dribbling a little water on a forehead by a priest, who allegedly has made the water holy by holding both arms up toward heaven while, looking all holy and righteous, dressed in his priestly garb, yabbering over it in some silent language, is not being fully immersed in water. Now if that's being ignorant, then I'm ignorant.

Baptism causes regeneration. (In theological jargon, baptism is said to be the instrumental cause of regeneration). Baptism is not only a sign; it actually brings about the new birth. “Through baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1213). ^^^^^^^This ^^^^^ is ^^^^^^^hogwash. ^^^^^^^^^^.

We are freed from sin by confessing our sins to God, "AS ADULTS," not to a catholic priest, who yabbers on, "BY THE POWER INVESTED IN ME, I ABSOLVE YOU OF ALL YOUR SINS," and for your penance, say 20 hail Maries," (just in case Christs death and resurrection didn't quite do it for you,) and not as infant babies, and by believing in Jesus and in Him who sent Him. We do not need baptism for salvation.

PLUS, We were taught as a children from 1952 on that the priest can and does change the wafer of bread into the literal body of Christ, and the wine into Christs literal blood. That teaching was bashed into us a children over and over and over again, and it never changed right through school and high school. It was still believed by all catholics in our parish until the day I left, and as far as I know its still believed this way. Disregarding all I have said so far, this alone proves to me at least, that the catholic church is a farce. God gave no man the power or authority to change bread and wine into Jesus Christ.

And confessing to a priest and doing penance that he orders, saying the rosary, kissing the bishops ring, which I did many times, kneeling before statues, praying to dead people, they teach and believe that Christ instituted seven sacraments of the new law, and these are the seven: Baptism, Confirmation (or Chrismation), what that is I still don't know, the Eucharist, another man made lie, Penance, as if Christs suffering and death was not enough, the Anointing of the sick, Holy Orders and Matrimony. and they teach and believe Mary is the mother of "GOD" is also a farce.

We were taught that if we ate meat on Fridays we would burn in Hell for eternity, if we missed mass on Sunday we would burn in Hell for eternity, if we took communion with even the slightest sin not confessed to the priest, we would burn in eternal Hell??? If this is not teaching today, then so what? It was then and we suffered for it, "AND GOD DOES NOT CHANGE," they do all the time.

Anyone who believes that any or all of this is of God, and this is the true church headed by Jesus Christ who is replaced by a man, the Pope, is being led down the road to Hell.

Are you catholic?? Fancy defending Satan's church??
Last edited by Ironman on Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:05 pm

WHEN IS THE REGENERATION

OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I AGREE WITH HAZ.

IN MY LIFE I WAS NO MORE SAVED WITH REAL SALVATION.

IT WAS THE TRUTH OF THE REPENTANCE TOWARD GOD AND FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.ACTS 20:21.

AT THAT POINT I WAS SAVED.NOT UNTIL.

ROME TAUGHT A DIFFERENT GOSPEL.

THE REFORMERS TAUGHT YE MUST BE BORN AGAIN.

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Haz is demonstrably ignorant concerning the particulars of RCC beliefs.

I might be ignorant, but I know this much. SPRINKLING on the forheads of BABIES and Adults is not being baptized. To be baptized is to be fully immersed in water as Jesus was. Splashing or dribbling a little water on a forehead is not being fully immersed in water. Now if that's being ignorant, then I'm ignorant.

Baptism causes regeneration. (In theological jargon, baptism is said to be the instrumental cause of regeneration). Baptism is not only a sign; it actually brings about the new birth. “Through baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1213). ^^^^^^^This ^^^^^ is ^^^^^^^hogwash. ^^^^^^^^^^.

We are freed from sin by confessing our sins to God, "AS ADULTS," not to a catholic priest, and not as infant babies, and by believing in Jesus and in Him who sent Him. We do not need baptism for salvation.

PLUS, We were taught as a children from 1952 on that the priest can and does change the wafer of bread into the literal body of Christ, and the wine into Christs literal blood. That teaching was bashed into us a children over and over and over again, and it never changed right through school and high school. It was still believed by all catholics in our parish until the day I left, and as far as I know its still believed this way. Disregarding all I have said so far, this alone proves to me at least, that the catholic church is a farce. God gave no man the power or authority to change bread and wine into Jesus Christ.

And confessing to a priest and doing penance that he orders, saying the rosary, kissing the bishops ring, which I did many times, kneeling before statues, praying to dead people, they teach and believe that Christ instituted seven sacraments of the new law, and these are the seven: Baptism, Confirmation (or Chrismation), what that is I still don't know, the Eucharist, another man made lie, Penance, as if Christs suffering and death was not enough, the Anointing of the sick, Holy Orders and Matrimony. and they teach and believe Mary is the mother of "GOD" is also a farce.

We were taught that if we ate meat on Fridays we would burn in Hell for eternity, if we missed mass on Sunday we would burn in Hell for eternity, if we took communion with even the slightest sin not confessed to the priest, we would burn in eternal Hell??? If this is not teaching today, then so what? It was then and we suffered for it, "AND GOD DOES NOT CHANGE," they do all the time.

Anyone who believes that any or all of this is of God, and this is the true church headed by Jesus Christ who is replaced by a man, the Pope, is being led down the road to Hell.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:06 pm

HAZ YOU ARE RIGHT.

IT TAKES FAITH TO GET SAVED....

Ironman wrote:

I might be ignorant, but I know this much. SPRINKLING on the forheads of BABIES and Adults is not being baptized. To be baptized is to be fully immersed in water as Jesus was. Splashing or dribbling a little water on a forehead by a priest, who allegedly has made the water holy by holding both arms up toward heaven while, looking all holy and righteous, dressed in his priestly garb, yabbering over it in some silent language, is not being fully immersed in water. Now if that's being ignorant, then I'm ignorant.

We are freed from sin by confessing our sins to God, "AS ADULTS," not to a catholic priest, who yabbers on, "BY THE POWER INVESTED IN ME, I ABSOLVE YOU OF ALL YOUR SINS," and for your penance, say 20 hail Maries," (just in case Christs death and resurrection didn't quite do it for you,) and not as infant babies, and by believing in Jesus and in Him who sent Him. We do not need baptism for salvation.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:08 pm

ROGER,
ARE YOU GOING THROUGH THE RCIA????

THE CATHOLIC CHURCH DOES NOT BELIEVE IN A FLAT EARTH.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm

[quote="branham1965"]WHEN IS THE REGENERATION

OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I AGREE WITH HAZ.

IT WAS THE TRUTH OF THE REPENTANCE TOWARD GOD AND FAITH IN OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.ACTS 20:21.

Thanks billy. I was dribbled on as a child, went to catholic school, knew the mass backwards in latin as an alter boy, did priestly confession, said a million hail Maries, ate meat of Friday knowing we would go to hell, missed many massed after being taught we would go to hell, prayed to the dead, kissed statues, said a million rosaries, and all the while I was one of the worst sinners on the earth, until the Father drew me to Christ, as an adult, taught me the truth from His Word, not some collar backwards priest and nuns, and I was baptized as Jesus was, fully immersed, and I have stayed away from sin and crime ever since. All the catholic church did was drive me deep into sin and away from God.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:19 pm

HAZ

you are right.

The Papacy teaches infant baptism.I heard this at Saint Anthony's Church.

The truth from the Reformation teaches the believing penitent

is saved by faith toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:WHEN IS THE REGENERATION

OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.

I AGREE WITH HAZ.

Thanks billy. I was dribbled on as a child, went to catholic school, knew the mass backwards in latin as an alter boy, did priestly confession, said a million hail Maries, ate meat of Friday knowing we would go to hell, missed many massed after being taught we would go to hell, and was one of the worst sinners on the earth, until the Father drew me to Christ, as an adult, taught me the truth from His Word, not some collar backwards priest and nuns, and I was baptized as Jesus was, fully immersed, and I have stayed away from sin and crime ever since. All the catholic church did was drive me away from God.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:32 pm

Ironman wrote:

I don't believe you know what they teach, Haz. Nor do I understand why you seem to enjoy spreading easily disproved fasehoods about them.

If you don't believe in Baptismal Regeneration, fine. I can understand that. But, I don't get your need to spread misinformation about RCC beliefs, no matter how evil the RCC may be. If anything, such tactics ultimately help the RCC when folks realize the dishonesty of those opposing the RCC.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”