Dake Bible Discussion BoardJohn Wycliffe

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: John Wycliffe

Postby Ironman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:St. Peter’s... The altar has Pope Joane (the only female pope in history) depicted in pains of childbirth representing the birth of the sun god.

Seriously?

The absurdity of this claim absolutely destroys any credibility you may have had on the issue. Please, at least google such claims before making them to see if any serious historians believe that they are true. You ought to be more careful. Such claims only show that you are not serious about truth.

https://www.catholic.com/magazine/print ... nt-go-away

Like they are going to admit they are a pagan church of pagan origin built on pagan traditions and are squeaky clean?

I have no credibility according to you as you have already stated that I post lies about the rcc. Do they say the rosary, do they pray to Mary, do they pray to the dead, do they confess to a priest instead of God in Jesus name, do they bow and pray before statues (Idols), do they call the pope "Holy Father," do they kiss the bishops ring, another pagan custom, do they light candles and pray before them at the alter and statue of Mary, does the priest, a mere man pretend to change a wafer of bread into the living body of Jesus Christ are these and much, much more lies?

I say YES to all these things I remember doing for many years.

Check these symbols out, I have seen some for myself, even in my local church. A sister pulled back the alter cloth one day and showed us a glass window imbedded in the alter. It contained a black piece of what looked like wood about the size of a one and a half inch nail. She told us it was a piece of Jesus's cross. She added, every catholic church in the world has a piece like this. First thing I thought back then was, Christ cross must have been "HUGE."

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-decepti ... _St-Peter#!

http://www.nairaland.com/1083971/pagani ... ip-symbols

Another site; St. Peter’s... The altar has Pope Joane (the only female pope in history) depicted in pains of childbirth representing the birth of the sun god. . . . . https://www.scribd.com/document/2708661 ... atholicism

Pope Joan, all about;

Not all Catholics were entirely happy to see Pope Joan removed from the catalogue of the popes
after 300 years of acceptance. A few countered the Protestants by maintaining that, while she
was real enough, she may not have been truly female. Perhaps, they said, she was a
hermaphrodite or even a man whom God had miraculously transformed into a woman, just as
Tiresias, the blind seer of Greek legend, was successively given the body of a man, a woman and
then a man again. Why the Almighty should have played such a mean trick on a reigning pontiff 
they explained by pointing out that God moves in mysterious ways.

https://www.scribd.com/document/6158412 ... emale-Pope

Answer me this please, WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DEFEND THIS PAGAN CHURCH? Are you converting?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
"Accusing me of avoiding the question is poor form, Haz."

So I cannot prove they were married just as you cannot prove they were not. I quoted Hislop, you believe anti Hislop.

And, if Hislop's points can't be proven, they carry zero weight in the discussion.

And if Hislop's points cannot be disproved they prove the catholic church is of pagan origan.

What you refuse to accept is that Hislop has been disproven, whether you accept it or not.

In Your Opinion! I'm entitled to believe what I have read and have been taught just as you are entitled to believe the catholic church is of God headed by Jesus Christ, which any God fearing Bible believing Christian knows is not true.

What you refuse to do is tell me "WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DEFEND THIS CHURCH BUILT SOLEY UPON PAGAN RITES, RITUALS, PRACTICES AND TRADITIONS?"

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 am

Ironman wrote: http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-decepti ... _St-Peter#!

Another site; St. Peter’s... The altar has Pope Joane (the only female pope in history) depicted in pains of childbirth representing the birth of the sun god. . . . . https://www.scribd.com/document/2708661 ... atholicism

Seventh Day Adventists? Seriously?

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/AD-We-Believe

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:19 pm

Ironman wrote: http://amazingdiscoveries.org/S-decepti ... _St-Peter#!

Seventh Day Adventists? Seriously?

http://amazingdiscoveries.org/AD-We-Believe

Popes say that Mary Saves Souls!

I'll let these antichrists speak for themselves--

Leo XIII, Jucunda Semper, 1894: "When Mary offered herself completely to God together with her Son in the temple, she was already sharing with him the painful atonement on behalf of the human race ... (at the foot of cross) she willingly offered him up to the divine justice, dying with him in her heart, pierced by the sword of sorrow."

Pius X, Ad Diem Illum, 1904: "Owing to the union of suffering and purpose existing between Christ and Mary, she merited to become most worthily the reparatrix of the lost world, and for this reason, the dispenser of ALL favors which Jesus acquired for us by his death . . .

Benedict XV, Inter Sodalicia, 1918: "To such extent did Mary suffer and almost die with her suffering and dying Son; to such extent did she surrender her maternal rights over her Son for : man's salvation . . that we may rightly say she redeemed the human race together with Christ."

Plus XI, 1935, in a prayer to close a jubilee, we find the first use of the word Coredemptrix by a pope: "O Mother of love and mercy who, when thy sweetest Son was consummating the Redemption of the human race on in the altar of the cross, didst stand next to him suffering with him as a Coredemptrix."

Plus XII, in a radio broadcast in 1946: "Mary, for having been associated with the King of Martyrs in the ineffable work of human Redemption as Mother and cooperatrix, she remains forever associated with him, with an almost unlimited power, in the distribution of graces which flow from the Redemption."

John XXIII, Vatican II's Lumen Gentium, 1965.

Paul VI, Christi Matri. "The Church ... been accustomed to have recourse to that most ready intercessor, her Mother Mary ... For as St. Irenaeus says, she 'has become the cause of salvation for the whole human race"

John Paul II, Mother of the Redeemer, 1987.

Pius IX, Ubi Primum, 1849: "For God has committed to Mary the treasury of all good things, in order that everyone may know that THROUGH HER are obtained every hope, every grace, and ALL SALVATION. For this is his will, that we obtain everything through Mary."

Leo XIII, Supremi Apostolatus, 1883: "O Mary, the guardian of our peace and the dispensatrix of heavenly graces."

What you refuse to do is tell me "WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DEFEND THIS CHURCH BUILT SOLEY UPON PAGAN RITES, RITUALS, PRACTICES AND TRADITIONS?"

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Ironman wrote:Popes say that Mary Saves Souls!

Are you saying that Mary played no role in our salvation?

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:30 pm

Ironman wrote:Popes say that Mary Saves Souls!

Are you saying that Mary played no role in our salvation?

Marty was a young Jewish woman, chosen by God to have the baby Jesus. She had the child, she raised Him and cared for Him until He began His ministry. The catholic church is completely out to lunch as it turnes people's attention away from Jesus and making them focus on a dead woman, His birth mother, whose work ended with the birth and raising up to adulthood of Jesus.

She did not and never has saved anyone including herself, for she herself thanked God for her saviour.

Luke 1:46-47, v. 6, And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, v. 47. And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:42 pm

Do you hate Mary?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Do you hate Mary?

You definitely sound like a good catholic person.

No, I never ever said I hate anyone, especially Mary. I dislike the lies and the pagan traditions the catholic church holds on to and teaches.

"WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO DEFEND THIS CHURCH BUILT SOLEY UPON PAGAN RITES, RITUALS, PRACTICES AND TRADITIONS?"

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Ironman wrote:Marty was a young Jewish woman, chosen by God to have the baby Jesus.

Was that Marty McFly?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Ironman wrote:Marty was a young Jewish woman, chosen by God to have the baby Jesus.

Was that Marty McFly?

You know that was a typo!

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”