Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptism in the Holy Spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
olindquist
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby olindquist » Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:49 am

Ironman you confirmed for me that the Holy Spirit is in heaven including His body . Here's why:

Rev 1:4 and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne.

Rev. 5:6 And behold in the midst of the throne..... which are the seven Spirits of God.

If these 2 passages in Revelation don't refer to the Holy Spirit who else is it. If part of Him is there his body must be there because you said you can't seperate the soul, spirit, and body.

I did not have a preconceived idea before asking the question



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby Ironman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:33 am

olindquist wrote:Ironman you confirmed for me that the Holy Spirit is in heaven including His body . Here's why:

Rev 1:4 and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne.

Rev. 5:6 And behold in the midst of the throne..... which are the seven Spirits of God.

If these 2 passages in Revelation don't refer to the Holy Spirit who else is it. If part of Him is there his body must be there because you said you can't seperate the soul, spirit, and body.

I did not have a preconceived idea before asking the question

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not a minister or preacher, I'm a retired coal miner and I believe what I read in my Dake Bible, the book God's Plan for Man by Finis Jennings Dake, and every other Bible I owne.

Sorry mate, your not getting it. Not so. There are not 7 titles of the Holy Spirit, for there are more titles than this that are applied to the Spirit. Since the Lamb has 7 horns and 7 eyes, since we know there is but one Holy Spirit.

Eph. 4:4-6)
v. 4, There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5, One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And since the Lamb is a symbol of Christ, the 7 lamps of fire (4:5), and the 7 horns, and eyes are all symbolic of the one Holy Spirit and can only denote His fullness and power upon the Lamb and before the throne,

John 3:34, For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Isa 11:2, And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Isa. 42:1-7, 1, Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2, He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3, A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4, He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
5, Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6, I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7, To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house..

Isa. 61:1-2, The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2, To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Acts 10:38, How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

The Holy Spirit was bodily in Heaven while Jesus was on Earth coming bodily in the form of a dove when Jesus was baptized, returning to Heaven until Jesus Himself bodily returned to Heaven after His death and resurrection.

Then the Father sent the Holy Spirit, bodily, back to the Earth to be our comforter.

John 14:16,And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26, But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26,But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7,Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

He is here now, bodily.


Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

olindquist
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby olindquist » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:48 am

Ironman I have a question. What do you think is the reason or need for the body of the Holy Spirit to be on the earth?

Be as specific as possible without using scriptures. (example to comfort, teach, inspire, empower) Remember state the reason just for His body.

Thanks.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby Ironman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:05 pm

olindquist wrote:Ironman I have a question. What do you think is the reason or need for the body of the Holy Spirit to be on the earth?

Be as specific as possible without using scriptures. (example to comfort, teach, inspire, empower) Remember state the reason just for His body.

Thanks.


Simple answer. The Father sent Him. He, the Holy Spirit is NOT a disembodied Spirit. He has a body, a soul, and a spirit.

He is our comforter, helper and guide;

John 14: 16, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17, Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

He is the convicter of sin (John 16:7-15).

He is the Power of God on the Earth (Acts 10:38; Matt. 12:28; Acts 1:8).

He is the great teacher of men (Isa. 11:1-2; 61:1-2; John 14:1t-17, 26; 15:25-26;1 Cor. 2:10-12)He is the healer of the saints (Rom. 8:11); and the Character builder (2 Cor. 3:18; 2 Pet. 1:5-10).


Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

olindquist
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby olindquist » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks Ironman. I was thinking about something that came up in my mind which was the reason for my question. Many of those things and more the Holy Spirit did in and through O.T. saints( with the exception of being baptized in Him and 2 of the 9 gifts). And yet His person including His body was in heaven during that time. Just not seeing why His body has to be here to do those things in the church age. I' m not trying to be argumentative just how my brain works.

Also, it is hard for me to get my mind wrapped around Him going from place to place on earth for 2000yrs. Where is His headquarters at here on earth.

Having mentioning these things there is a strong argument for the Holy Spirit being on the earth now.

Hebrews 12:22-24 says"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem...to angels..general assembly...to God.. and to Jesus. " But it does not mention the Holy Spirit. That is a good argument that He is not there but on earth.

I'll continue to pray and seek. No reason to comment back.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2468
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby Ironman » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:02 pm

olindquist wrote:Thanks Ironman. I was thinking about something that came up in my mind which was the reason for my question. Many of those things and more the Holy Spirit did in and through O.T. saints( with the exception of being baptized in Him and 2 of the 9 gifts). And yet His person including His body was in heaven during that time. Just not seeing why His body has to be here to do those things in the church age. I' m not trying to be argumentative just how my brain works.

Also, it is hard for me to get my mind wrapped around Him going from place to place on earth for 2000yrs. Where is His headquarters at here on earth.

Having mentioning these things there is a strong argument for the Holy Spirit being on the earth now.

Hebrews 12:22-24 says"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem...to angels..general assembly...to God.. and to Jesus. " But it does not mention the Holy Spirit. That is a good argument that He is not there but on earth.

I'll continue to pray and seek. No reason to comment back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
The Holy Spirit is associated with the Father and the Son as on an equal member of the deity (Matt. 28:19; 2 Cor. 13:14; Eph. 4:1-6; 1 Cor. 12:1-11; 1 John 5:7-8). He is distinctly called God in Acts 5:3-4. We know God has a spirit body as Jesus had a spirit body before He became man. Jesus now has a glorified flesh and bone body. The only difference between a spirit body and a flesh and bone body is substance. The Holy Spirit has a body, and where ever He was and what ever he did in the Old and New testament times and even during the creation of the world and the recreation of the world, He was there in His Body, just as the Father was, and the Word was.

Not one of them are or ever were disembodied Spirits.


Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

olindquist
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby olindquist » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:38 pm

[quote="Ironman"]

"The Holy Spirit has a body, and where ever He was and what ever he did in the Old and New testament times and even during the creation of the world and the recreation of the world, He was there in His Body, just as the Father was, and the Word was."

Those statements in bold I'm not understanding. Are you saying every inspired word to the prophets and saints, every miracle, every one that gets born again He was and is there in His body. Even though He can move at the speed of thought He still has to be at one place at one time. How can hundreds of people and miracles be breaking out all over the world at the same time and the Holy Spirit's body be there at the same time? Just trying to understand what you are saying in your statements. Because to me it seems that the Holy Spirit is directly involved in inspiration, miracles, salvation, etc.



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3429
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:03 pm

olindquist wrote:Dake talked about the Holy Spirit having a personal body, soul, and spirit. It is my understanding that His personal body's residence is at the throne with the Father and Jesus. Jesus said it was better off for Him to go back to the Father otherwise the Holy Spirit would not come unto us, what part of the Holy Spirit was sent? Is it a greater union with Him in the spirit?

Have you read what Dake had to say about the little word "in"?

As far as I can recall, Dake didn't believe that the Holy Ghost literally comes into a believer. Rather, He and the believer become united in purpose.

Dake definitely did not believe that the Holy Ghost's body entered anyone.

Dake's thoughts on this are quite interesting. Especially about how each Member of the Godhead can only be in one place, bodily, at any one time.

After coming to understand Dake's view about this, I became greatly concerned during a church service, several years ago, when the preacher said the Holy Ghost was walking up and down the aisles in that local church and I realized that if Dake were right, then the Holy Ghost wasn't bodily present anywhere else at that time (assuming the Holy Ghost was really walking the aisles of that local church at that exact time).

This is a very interesting topic.



olindquist
Stand Against the Wiles of the Devil
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 11, 2017 11:10 am

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby olindquist » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for responding. Great points.

Have you read what Dake had to say about the little word "in"?

As far as I can recall, Dake didn't believe that the Holy Ghost literally comes into a believer. Rather, He and the believer become united in purpose.

Dake definitely did not believe that the Holy Ghost's body entered anyone.

Dake's thoughts on this are quite interesting. Especially about how each Member of the Godhead can only be in one place, bodily, at any one time.

After coming to understand Dake's view about this, I became greatly concerned during a church service, several years ago, when the preacher said the Holy Ghost was walking up and down the aisles in that local church and I realized that if Dake were right, then the Holy Ghost wasn't bodily present anywhere else at that time (assuming the Holy Ghost was really walking the aisles of that local church at that exact time).

This is a very interesting topic.


Yes I have read about Dake's teaching on the word in.

Jesus said in Mat. 18:20 "For where 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them"
How can His body be there at all of these places at the same time? It has to be His presence. We all know that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the throne and His presence is still in the midst of them. Why would it be different for the Holy Spirit's presence?

Psalm 139:7 "Whither shall I go from Thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?" Then he goes on to say if he goes to heaven or hell He is there.

So back to my question: What is the need for the Holy Spirit's body on earth?



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2472
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Postby bibleman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:45 pm

olindquist wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Thanks for responding. Great points.

Have you read what Dake had to say about the little word "in"?

As far as I can recall, Dake didn't believe that the Holy Ghost literally comes into a believer. Rather, He and the believer become united in purpose.

Dake definitely did not believe that the Holy Ghost's body entered anyone.

Dake's thoughts on this are quite interesting. Especially about how each Member of the Godhead can only be in one place, bodily, at any one time.

After coming to understand Dake's view about this, I became greatly concerned during a church service, several years ago, when the preacher said the Holy Ghost was walking up and down the aisles in that local church and I realized that if Dake were right, then the Holy Ghost wasn't bodily present anywhere else at that time (assuming the Holy Ghost was really walking the aisles of that local church at that exact time).

This is a very interesting topic.


Yes I have read about Dake's teaching on the word in.

Jesus said in Mat. 18:20 "For where 2 or 3 are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them"
How can His body be there at all of these places at the same time? It has to be His presence. We all know that Jesus is seated at the right hand of the throne and His presence is still in the midst of them. Why would it be different for the Holy Spirit's presence?

Psalm 139:7 "Whither shall I go from Thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?" Then he goes on to say if he goes to heaven or hell He is there.

So back to my question: What is the need for the Holy Spirit's body on earth?


I know this is simple... But why don't you ask the Holy Spirit - why he needs his body on the earth? (big smile)


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note


Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest