Dake Bible Discussion BoardBaptism in the Holy Spirit

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Post by bibleman »

olindquist wrote:Where do you believe the body of the Holy Spirit is and scriptures to support you answer?
You know - no disrespect, but I have found that I can say all kinds of things it does not seem to change your mind...

So it would save a lot of time if you would just tell us... where you think Scripture states the body of the Holy Spirit is.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

olindquist

Post by olindquist »

I'm sorry that I have offended you. That was never my attention. I sincerely want to know truth but I just do not want to agree just to agree. I will continue to pray for you.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

olindquist wrote:I'm sorry that I have offended you. That was never my attention. I sincerely want to know truth but I just do not want to agree just to agree. I will continue to pray for you.
Forget that, "I'll pray for you," excuse, how about answering Biblemans question;

So it would save a lot of time if you would just tell us... where you think Scripture states the body of the Holy Spirit is.

I'll give you a hint.

The body of any being including God the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit, and man is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwells (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:12; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10). There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies; and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49).

The soul is that invisible part of all living beings that feels, the seat of his affections, emotions, passions, and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows, the seat of his intellect, mind, and will, and that which gives him self-determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2:11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21; Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Try and separate your body from your soul, and spirit and I believe you would be dead. Scripture teaches that the Holy Spirit is on Earth now and through the tribulation so if the Holy Spirit is here on Earth as Scripture teaches His body, soul and spirit is here.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

olindquist

Post by olindquist »

Ironman wrote: Forget that, "I'll pray for you," excuse, how about answering Biblemans question;

Hi Ironman

I gave the answer in my responses with the 2 scriptures in Rev. And bibleman said those were not correct so I sincerely was asking because if those were not right I don't know. As far as praying, I have been praying for all of us through this post including you. As far as having preconceived answers before asking that has not been the case. Scriptures come up after someone responds and I prayerfully search out others to confirm. I can't apologize for having a different interpretatation of Mat 7:22-23 and Judas being saved at this time. It may be clear you, bibleman, and others but it is not to me along with other bible scholars. I know I have previously been frustrated with some of the attitudes but I hold no offence to anyone who has responded. I just ask the same in return.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

olindquist wrote:
Ironman wrote: Forget that, "I'll pray for you," excuse, how about answering Biblemans question;

Hi Ironman

I gave the answer in my responses with the 2 scriptures in Rev. And bibleman said those were not correct so I sincerely was asking because if those were not right I don't know. As far as praying, I have been praying for all of us through this post including you. As far as having preconceived answers before asking that has not been the case. Scriptures come up after someone responds and I prayerfully search out others to confirm. I can't apologize for having a different interpretatation of Mat 7:22-23 and Judas being saved at this time. It may be clear you, bibleman, and others but it is not to me along with other bible scholars. I know I have previously been frustrated with some of the attitudes but I hold no offence to anyone who has responded. I just ask the same in return.
Sorry. I have to leave now. Asking the Holy Spirit for help, check out all these Scriptures again.

The body of any being including God the Father, the Son and the Holy spirit, and man is the outward form or house in which his soul and spirit dwells (Gen. 2:7, 19; John 5:28-29; Matt. 27:12; 1 Cor. 15:34-58; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23; Heb. 10:5-10). There are spiritual and natural bodies, or heavenly and earthly bodies; and both kinds are real (1 Cor. 15:40-49).

The soul is that invisible part of all living beings that feels, the seat of his affections, emotions, passions, and desires, and which gives him self consciousness and makes him a sentient being (Lev. 23:43; 1 Sam. 22:2; 30:6; 2 Sam. 13:39; 2 Kings 4:27; 23:3; Ps. 107:5, 9, 18, 26; Mark 12:33; Matt. 26:38; John 12:27; Heb. 10:38; Heb. 4:12).

The spirit is that invisible part of all living beings that knows, the seat of his intellect, mind, and will, and that which gives him self-determination and makes him a free moral agent and a rational being (1 Cor. 2:11; Matt. 26:41; Exodus 35:21; Job 38:8, 18; Prov. 20:27; Phil. 4:12; Jas. 2:26; 1 Thess. 5:23).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

olindquist

Post by olindquist »

Ironman you confirmed for me that the Holy Spirit is in heaven including His body . Here's why:

Rev 1:4 and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne.

Rev. 5:6 And behold in the midst of the throne..... which are the seven Spirits of God.

If these 2 passages in Revelation don't refer to the Holy Spirit who else is it. If part of Him is there his body must be there because you said you can't seperate the soul, spirit, and body.

I did not have a preconceived idea before asking the question

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

olindquist wrote:Ironman you confirmed for me that the Holy Spirit is in heaven including His body . Here's why:

Rev 1:4 and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne.

Rev. 5:6 And behold in the midst of the throne..... which are the seven Spirits of God.

If these 2 passages in Revelation don't refer to the Holy Spirit who else is it. If part of Him is there his body must be there because you said you can't seperate the soul, spirit, and body.

I did not have a preconceived idea before asking the question
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm not a minister or preacher, I'm a retired coal miner and I believe what I read in my Dake Bible, the book God's Plan for Man by Finis Jennings Dake, and every other Bible I owne.

Sorry mate, your not getting it. Not so. There are not 7 titles of the Holy Spirit, for there are more titles than this that are applied to the Spirit. Since the Lamb has 7 horns and 7 eyes, since we know there is but one Holy Spirit.

Eph. 4:4-6)
v. 4, There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;
5, One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

And since the Lamb is a symbol of Christ, the 7 lamps of fire (4:5), and the 7 horns, and eyes are all symbolic of the one Holy Spirit and can only denote His fullness and power upon the Lamb and before the throne,

John 3:34, For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

Isa 11:2, And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD.

Isa. 42:1-7, 1, Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.
2, He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.
3, A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.
4, He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.
5, Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6, I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7, To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house..

Isa. 61:1-2, The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2, To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

Acts 10:38, How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

The Holy Spirit was bodily in Heaven while Jesus was on Earth coming bodily in the form of a dove when Jesus was baptized, returning to Heaven until Jesus Himself bodily returned to Heaven after His death and resurrection.

Then the Father sent the Holy Spirit, bodily, back to the Earth to be our comforter.

John 14:16,And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26, But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26,But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7,Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

He is here now, bodily.

olindquist

Post by olindquist »

Ironman I have a question. What do you think is the reason or need for the body of the Holy Spirit to be on the earth?

Be as specific as possible without using scriptures. (example to comfort, teach, inspire, empower) Remember state the reason just for His body.

Thanks.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

olindquist wrote:Ironman I have a question. What do you think is the reason or need for the body of the Holy Spirit to be on the earth?

Be as specific as possible without using scriptures. (example to comfort, teach, inspire, empower) Remember state the reason just for His body.

Thanks.
Simple answer. The Father sent Him. He, the Holy Spirit is NOT a disembodied Spirit. He has a body, a soul, and a spirit.

He is our comforter, helper and guide;

John 14: 16, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17, Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

He is the convicter of sin (John 16:7-15).

He is the Power of God on the Earth (Acts 10:38; Matt. 12:28; Acts 1:8).

He is the great teacher of men (Isa. 11:1-2; 61:1-2; John 14:1t-17, 26; 15:25-26;1 Cor. 2:10-12)He is the healer of the saints (Rom. 8:11); and the Character builder (2 Cor. 3:18; 2 Pet. 1:5-10).

olindquist

Post by olindquist »

Thanks Ironman. I was thinking about something that came up in my mind which was the reason for my question. Many of those things and more the Holy Spirit did in and through O.T. saints( with the exception of being baptized in Him and 2 of the 9 gifts). And yet His person including His body was in heaven during that time. Just not seeing why His body has to be here to do those things in the church age. I' m not trying to be argumentative just how my brain works.

Also, it is hard for me to get my mind wrapped around Him going from place to place on earth for 2000yrs. Where is His headquarters at here on earth.

Having mentioning these things there is a strong argument for the Holy Spirit being on the earth now.

Hebrews 12:22-24 says"But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem...to angels..general assembly...to God.. and to Jesus. " But it does not mention the Holy Spirit. That is a good argument that He is not there but on earth.

I'll continue to pray and seek. No reason to comment back.