Dake Bible Discussion BoardChurch's position with the World.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Church's position with the World.

Postby macca » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:36 am

1 Cor. 5:9-13;
I wrote to you in my epistle not to keep company with sexually immoral people.

Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners,
or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous,
or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner - not even to eat with such a person.

For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside the Church?

But those who are outside the church God judges, therefore put away from yourselves the evil person.

Have we not noticed how we Christians rail against the sins of the world around us, how we attack individuals who we deem
ungodly doing their ungodly works?

The World acts like its father the devil....it can not do otherwise, it is unregenerate, alive but dead, Eph 2
And you ( that is us) who were dead in trespasses and sins,
in which we once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience.
Among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of the flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind,
and were by nature the children of wrath, just as the others......

Now notice how we the born again children of God should act to the world of sinners.....

2 Cor 5:16-21;
Therefore, from now on, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh,
yet now we know Him thus no longer.

Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation ( a new species of being) ; old things have passed away; behold
all things have become new.

Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us THE MINISTRY OF
RECONCILIATION.

That is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has
committed to us the word of reconciliation.

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us; we implore you on Christ's behalf
be reconciled to God.

For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

Tell them the truth of God's word not the lies of the devil.

macca

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Church's position with the World.

Postby Ironman » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:35 pm

Thanks macca, :angel:

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Church's position with the World.

Postby branham1965 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:02 pm

Excellent Macca.

Thank you.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”