Dake Bible Discussion BoardSam Gipp on the Rapture

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Sam Gipp on the Rapture

Postby Ironman » Wed May 31, 2017 6:19 pm

"The idea of the dead in Christ rising forty days before the rapture and preaching all over the world is a novel idea, as far as I can tell. I don't know of anyone else that has suggested that as a possibility."

There it is, "a novel idea," nothing more, nothing less. Men's novel ideas, personal pet theories, and other such unsupported by Scripture nonsense is what leads many babes in Christ away from the truth.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed May 31, 2017 9:53 pm

A novel idea is just a new idea. New ideas aren't bad just because they are novel.

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed May 31, 2017 9:56 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:A novel idea is just a new idea. New ideas aren't bad just because they are novel.

Nothing wrong with new ideas as long as they are helpful in some way.

The Bible, God's Holy Word is not a book of ideas, new or old.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:52 pm

What is an idea?

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:10 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:What is an idea?

Usually a human opinion, something not inspired by God but by man alone.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:09 pm

Spot on Haz. :angel:

Some taught a separation of the acts of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 in the 1800's.

They developed a Bible Chronology that said Christ returned "invisibly in spirit" 1874 AD.

Then taught that the dead saints were resurrected in 1878.

Those alive would be instantly changed when they finished their course on earth.
Later when the founder of the movement died the second president of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (Jehovah's Witnesses)changed the dates to 1914 for the second Coming and 1918 as the resurrection of the dead.

That is false doctrine.1 Timothy 4.

JESUS CHRIST IS LITERALLY COMING BACK.IT WILL HAPPEN EXACTLY LIKE SAINT PAUL BY THE HOLY GHOST SAID IT WOULD HAPPEN .

REVEREND DAKE WARNS FOLKS OF NOT HAVING AN OVER ACTIVE IMAGINATION.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:44 pm

+pieface +pieface +pieface

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:I think it's just Gipp's version of the Gap theory (fact). He sees room for a gap between the rising of the dead in Christ and the rapture similar to how others saw gaps in other scriptures:
    ● Dake (and others) saw a gap between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2,
    ● Many see a gap between Daniel's 69th and 70th week,
    ● and Jesus appears to have taught a gap in Isaiah 61:1 between the acceptable year and the day of vengeance.

The idea of the dead in Christ rising forty days before the rapture and preaching all over the world is a novel idea, as far as I can tell. I don't know of anyone else that has suggested that as a possibility.

Again, nothing about hanging out in the clouds in Gipp's gap theory.

Here's another video featuring Gipp teaching on this topic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNtN7fAT7ZE

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:13 pm

branham1965 wrote:+pieface +pieface +pieface

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:I think it's just Gipp's version of the Gap theory (fact). He sees room for a gap between the rising of the dead in Christ and the rapture similar to how others saw gaps in other scriptures:
    ● and Jesus appears to have taught a gap in Isaiah 61:1 between the acceptable year and the day of vengeance.

The idea of the dead in Christ rising forty days before the rapture and preaching all over the world is a novel idea, as far as I can tell. I don't know of anyone else that has suggested that as a possibility.

Hardly anyone in the room. I have seen more people attend a pit-bull dog fight held outside on a cold rainy evening?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:39 pm

That's a good one Haz :lol!: :lol!:

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:+pieface

Hardly anyone in the room. I have seen more people attend a pit-bull dog fight held outside on a cold rainy evening?

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”