Dake Bible Discussion BoardNIV 2011 update and Mark 16:9-20

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: NIV 2011 update and Mark 16:9-20

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:04 pm

I like the NKJV too.

I heard Dad Hagin say on youtube the P.C.Nelson told him that the Worrell New Testament was the closest to the Original Greek.P.C.Nelson as they called him spoke and read 32 languages fluently.He was a founder of the Assemblies of God in the early 1900's.And was said to be one of the greatest intellects of his day.

macca wrote:I have the Exegeses bible, Phillips, Worrell, Moffat, Wuest N T. The Twentieth Century N T. Amplified. 1868 Irish Catholic Bible. and some others but I like the NKJ.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri May 19, 2017 6:05 pm

branham1965 wrote:... P.C.Nelson told him that the Worrell New Testament was the closest to the Original Greek...

Closest to which "original" Greek?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 19, 2017 9:06 pm

Do you believe that we today have the Holy Precious Written Word of God today???

I know we do.It is that which Dad Nelson spoke of.

Both He and Reverend Dake were two of the great great scholars in Pentecostal history.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:... P.C.Nelson told him that the Worrell New Testament was the closest to the Original Greek...

Closest to which "original" Greek?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri May 19, 2017 11:55 pm

branham1965 wrote:Do you believe that we today have the Holy Precious Written Word of God today???

Yes.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:01 am

Which one is it ???

branham1965 wrote:Do you believe that we today have the Holy Precious Written Word of God today???

Yes.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat May 20, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 20, 2017 1:02 am

WHAT did you mean when you asked me which one???

Yes.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat May 20, 2017 9:31 am

If the Worrell is the closest to the "original" Greek, does that mean that the Greek it is translated from is the "original" Greek? The Worrell is translated from "Westcott & Hort Greek Text as modified by Scrivener."

I've read that when the Orthodox Study Bible was made, the Greek underlying the New King James New Testament was why they wanted to use the NKJV New Testament as the "boiler plate" for the English of the St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint. I think that they felt the the English of the NKJV NT was the closest to the "original" Greek. However, the Greek underlying the NKJV NT is not the "Westcott & Hort Greek Text as modified by Scrivener."

The claim that the Worrell is closest to the "original" Greek seems to depend upon what is meant by "original."

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Is that how it is dude??

I made a simple comment by Peter Christopher Nelson.

You jumped off on that??

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:If the Worrell is the closest to the "original" Greek, does that mean that the Greek it is translated from is the "original" Greek? The Worrell is translated from "Westcott & Hort Greek Text as modified by Scrivener."

I've read that when the Orthodox Study Bible was made, the Greek underlying the New King James New Testament was why they wanted to use the NKJV New Testament as the "boiler plate" for the English of the St. Athanasius Academy Septuagint. I think that they felt the the English of the NKJV NT was the closest to the "original" Greek. However, the Greek underlying the NKJV NT is not the "Westcott & Hort Greek Text as modified by Scrivener."

The claim that the Worrell is closest to the "original" Greek seems to depend upon what is meant by "original."

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:02 am

I am trying to be cool on here. :morning: :morning: :morning:

branham1965 wrote:

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:If the Worrell is the closest to the "original" Greek, does that mean that the Greek it is translated from is the "original" Greek? The Worrell is translated from "Westcott & Hort Greek Text as modified by Scrivener."

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon May 22, 2017 7:09 pm

branham1965 wrote:I am trying to be cool on here. :morning: :morning: :morning:

+cold2

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”