Dake Bible Discussion BoardNIV 2011 update and Mark 16:9-20

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: NIV 2011 update and Mark 16:9-20

Post by branham1965 »

I never heard of them.That's interesting. :scatter:

luchnia wrote:I forgot to mention I have two other favorites, the Aramaic new testament and the Exegesis bible.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

I have the Exegeses bible, Phillips, Worrell, Moffat, Wuest N T. The Twentieth Century N T. Amplified. 1868 Irish Catholic Bible. and some others but I like the NKJ.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I like the NKJV too.

I heard Dad Hagin say on youtube the P.C.Nelson told him that the Worrell New Testament was the closest to the Original Greek.P.C.Nelson as they called him spoke and read 32 languages fluently.He was a founder of the Assemblies of God in the early 1900's.And was said to be one of the greatest intellects of his day.
macca wrote:I have the Exegeses bible, Phillips, Worrell, Moffat, Wuest N T. The Twentieth Century N T. Amplified. 1868 Irish Catholic Bible. and some others but I like the NKJ.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I like the KJV best.

But there are other good translations.

The NKJV is good. Macca :angel: likes it.

The NASB is literal and good.It came from the ASV 1901 which was literal.
Some love the NIV.

The ones you guys mentioned i have too.

The ESV is good.I have never seen a Holman Christian Standard Bible. I heard it was good.

It does concern me greatly when verses are removed from the Word.
If i have a doubt i compare it with the KJV.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

You know it is a shame that so many newer translation remove verses. I was so disappointed when I began to realize this. Its a shame really cause the NIV reads so smoothly, even more so then the NKJV. The NIV was a favorite of mine for a long time.. Later I found out that the NIV was not the only Bible translation that is guilty of removing entire verses and half of entire chapters, the NASB, the ESV the NLT and just about all of the other newer English translations do this.. Accept, as I said before, I have only found 3 newer versions that have left those verses intact . And they are the NKJV, YLT, and surprisingly the Amplified Bible.