Dake Bible Discussion BoardNIV 2011 update and Mark 16:9-20

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky
Fear the Lord, and Depart From Evil. It Shall Be Health to Thy Navel, and Marrow to Thy Bones

Re: NIV 2011 update and Mark 16:9-20

Postby Rocky » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:02 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:I've never met and NIV2011-Onlyist, but I'd imagine that there's someone out there who could write a similar article about the KJV or any other favored translation or version. It'd be harder for some, but I'd be surprised if there weren't someone out there that could point out the flaws in any of our favorite versions.

Is there a complete perfect Bible anywhere, in any language that contains God's perfectly pure preserved words?

Hi Spiritual Disciple
I know this post and reply is kinda old but I been thinking about this. I use to be a major advocate for a lot of the newer translations. Fortunately through about 10 years of studying this particularly subject concerning the KJV(not saying I know everything) I have turned my back on a lot of the newer translations. I came to realize that entire verses and even almost whole chapters; gone. It's like the translators are claiming we had inaccurate translations until these newer versions came out. I stopped defending those versions that were guilty of removing verses and changing the meaning of entire chapters. Now I am not a KJV onlyiest but KJV bias, because they are a few newer versions that did not remove things like the others, I know this sounds crazy but so far I have only found three modern versions that are not guilty of removing the verses that all the others do, and those three are the NKJV, Young's litteral translation, and the Amplified Bible, But any way you asked Ironman
Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Is there a complete perfect Bible anywhere, in any language that contains God's perfectly pure preserved words?

Yes I believe the Holy Spirit is and was quite capable of preserving the written word pure and perfectly. If not then we can just make things up as we go along, and make Gods written word a cafeteria to were people can just pick and choose what they want...

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:46 pm

Rocky wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Is there a complete perfect Bible anywhere, in any language that contains God's perfectly pure preserved words?

Yes I believe the Holy Spirit is and was quite capable of preserving the written word pure and perfectly. If not then we can just make things up as we go along, and make Gods written word a cafeteria to were people can just pick and choose what they want...

Hi, Rocky.

Welcome back and thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately, I see preachers are often picking and choosing cafeteria style from whatever version will help them make their point. And, if there's no suitable version, they'll find an obscure one or just offer up their own translation, often offering no real proof that their private interpretation would hold up under real scrutiny.

Another issue that I see is that it's easy to say that there is a perfect Bible, in a specific language that contains God's perfectly preserved words, but asking someone to point it out and expecting a sensible answer is something else, entirely. For instance, if they say it is the original manuscripts, the problem is that the no longer exist and never were all compiled into a single volume all at the same time. If they point to the manuscript copies, there's differences between them (and thus why there are so many differences amongst the modern English versions and even differences between editions of those versions and/or differences depending upon publisher of those versions). If someone says it's the KJV, folks call them crazy "because reasons" (no matter how sound or unsound the reasoning is)...

For me, the KJV is the best, even better than the NKJV, YLT, or the AMP.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:28 am

I like the KJV best.

But there are other good translations.

The NKJV is good. Macca :angel: likes it.

The NASB is literal and good.It came from the ASV 1901 which was literal.
Some love the NIV.

The ones you guys mentioned i have too.

The ESV is good.I have never seen a Holman Christian Standard Bible. I heard it was good.

It does concern me greatly when verses are removed from the Word.
If i have a doubt i compare it with the KJV.

Rocky
Fear the Lord, and Depart From Evil. It Shall Be Health to Thy Navel, and Marrow to Thy Bones

Postby Rocky » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:44 pm

You know it is a shame that so many newer translation remove verses. I was so disappointed when I began to realize this. Its a shame really cause the NIV reads so smoothly, even more so then the NKJV. The NIV was a favorite of mine for a long time.. Later I found out that the NIV was not the only Bible translation that is guilty of removing entire verses and half of entire chapters, the NASB, the ESV the NLT and just about all of the other newer English translations do this.. Accept, as I said before, I have only found 3 newer versions that have left those verses intact . And they are the NKJV, YLT, and surprisingly the Amplified Bible.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”