Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnsaved and saved together? God forbid!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:49 am

:angel: :angel: :angel:

bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

God sent the Angel of the Lord to Peter about him.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.

Where in Scripture does it say Cornelius was lost?

Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. Acts 11:14

Acts 11:14-16, Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15, And as I began to speak, THE HOLY GHOST FELL UPON THEM, AS ON US AT THE BEGINNING.
16, Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

a [Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved] This is as plain as language can express a truth that Cornelius was not a saved or born-again man when he sent for Peter, and that he was not converted before Peter's sermon (Acts 10:43-48; 11:14-18; 15:7-13).

Twelve Reasons Why Cornelius Was Not Saved:

1. Acts 11:14 plainly says that the angel told Cornelius that Peter would tell him words whereby he would be saved.

2. He was no more saved than his house, for both were to be saved by the message that Peter was to give them (Acts 11:14).

3. He was not saved by his good life, as proved in the note on Acts 10:2.

4. Acts 10:6 confirms the fact of Acts 11:14 that Peter was to tell Cornelius what he must do to be saved.

5. Peter's vision breaking down his prejudice about God saving Gentiles proves that they were not yet saved (Acts 10:9-16; 11:4-18).

6. Acts 10:22 again confirms the fact that Peter was to speak words to Cornelius to save him, as in Acts 11:14.

7. Acts 10:32 is the final word referring to God's command to Peter to preach the gospel that would save the Gentiles.

8. Acts 10:43 records the necessary words of salvation which Cornelius heard for the first time so he could be saved as the angel promised in Acts 11:14.

9. Acts 11:17 states when Cornelius and his house believed on the Lord. It was when Peter preached a certain part of his sermon and the Holy Ghost fell on them that heard the Word (Acts 10:43-44). They could not have believed this kind of message until they had heard it (Rom. 10:14-17).

10. The apostles acknowledged that the Gentiles were granted "repentance unto life" when Peter preached to the house of Cornelius (Acts 11:18 with Acts 10:43-44).

11. Peter again testified later that it was God who made the choice among the apostles that the Gentiles "by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe" (Acts 15:7).

12. Acts 15:9 says that the hearts of the Gentiles were purified by faith when Peter preached to them.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 11".

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Postby macca » Sat May 13, 2017 7:08 am

The Word of God is the most important thing on this planet, no in the whole Universe...

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

luchnia
The Voice of the Lord Divideth the Flames of Fire

Postby luchnia » Sat May 13, 2017 7:44 am

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

God sent the Angel of the Lord to Peter about him.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.

Where in Scripture does it say Cornelius was lost?

Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. Acts 11:14

Acts 11:14-16, Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15, And as I began to speak, THE HOLY GHOST FELL UPON THEM, AS ON US AT THE BEGINNING.
16, Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Word up!

luchnia
The Voice of the Lord Divideth the Flames of Fire

Postby luchnia » Sat May 13, 2017 8:10 am

bibleman wrote:
a [Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved] This is as plain as language can express a truth that Cornelius was not a saved or born-again man when he sent for Peter, and that he was not converted before Peter's sermon (Acts 10:43-48; 11:14-18; 15:7-13).

Twelve Reasons Why Cornelius Was Not Saved:

1. Acts 11:14 plainly says that the angel told Cornelius that Peter would tell him words whereby he would be saved.

2. He was no more saved than his house, for both were to be saved by the message that Peter was to give them (Acts 11:14).

3. He was not saved by his good life, as proved in the note on Acts 10:2.

4. Acts 10:6 confirms the fact of Acts 11:14 that Peter was to tell Cornelius what he must do to be saved.

5. Peter's vision breaking down his prejudice about God saving Gentiles proves that they were not yet saved (Acts 10:9-16; 11:4-18).

6. Acts 10:22 again confirms the fact that Peter was to speak words to Cornelius to save him, as in Acts 11:14.

7. Acts 10:32 is the final word referring to God's command to Peter to preach the gospel that would save the Gentiles.

8. Acts 10:43 records the necessary words of salvation which Cornelius heard for the first time so he could be saved as the angel promised in Acts 11:14.

9. Acts 11:17 states when Cornelius and his house believed on the Lord. It was when Peter preached a certain part of his sermon and the Holy Ghost fell on them that heard the Word (Acts 10:43-44). They could not have believed this kind of message until they had heard it (Rom. 10:14-17).

10. The apostles acknowledged that the Gentiles were granted "repentance unto life" when Peter preached to the house of Cornelius (Acts 11:18 with Acts 10:43-44).

11. Peter again testified later that it was God who made the choice among the apostles that the Gentiles "by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe" (Acts 15:7).

12. Acts 15:9 says that the hearts of the Gentiles were purified by faith when Peter preached to them.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 11".

You know this is a great post and another thing we should emphasize is the reception of the words. Verse 12 shows just what happens - the heart is purified. The heart is not black, dark, or otherwise still in sin as is often taught. If the words are not received into the spirit of man and the spirit changed, then the man is still not saved.

Some just hear the sound of the words as it was when Jesus spoke the words of Isaiah in one of His synagogue visits and did not receive them as they were there to continue with their agenda. He told them exactly what He came to do. As it is written in Luke "This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears." We know that according to the text all in the synagogue were filled with wrath.

Had some of them received the words, their hearts would have been purified and they would have been saved from their sins. Does this not make you think of the broad way that leads to destruction? How many of those devout religious leaders do you think went out of there that day believing in God as always, but NOT believing in Jesus, the very ONE whom they must believe in?

Too many will say they are saved, yet don't believe because they have not put those LIFE giving words into their heart of God raising Jesus from the dead. They don't have action from the words. They just allow them to be written words of knowledge or heard (noise), yet not words of LIFE (zoa words - living).

I am reminded of the scripture in John 1:12 that basically states as many as RECEIVED HIM He gave power to become the sons of God to them that BELIEVE on His name. That very text shows just how much work is on a man's shoulders when it comes to belief. Works of the law won't save, but works of faith do (another subject men have greatly confused). We have been granted power to choose and place our belief in Him.

Word up!

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Sat May 13, 2017 4:17 pm

But I though he was saved after Peter came and this;

Therefore he was not lost forever??

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Ironman wrote:But I though he was saved after Peter came and this;

I don't understand what you are getting at - I don't believe.

1) He was a good man but not saved.
2) Peter is told to go preach to him words that he may believe and be saved.
3) He is saved AFTER Peter preaches the Word to him.

Is that what you understand or something different?

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat May 13, 2017 4:55 pm

bibleman wrote:

This how I understand it.
He was not lost forever, his name was not removed from God's book of life. Is there any Scripture that teaches he was lost forever?

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat May 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:

He was not lost forever, his name was not removed from God's book of life.

Please correct me if I am in error. Is there any Scripture that teaches he was lost forever?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 13, 2017 7:01 pm

I think this is what he is saying...

Cornelius was a good man.but he need to be born again.And God led Peter to him to tell him words whereby he and his would be saved.And he was.

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:

He was not lost forever, his name was not removed from God's book of life. Is there any Scripture that teaches he was lost forever?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sun May 14, 2017 4:59 pm

What did the malefactor on the cross do to be saved, after living a life of sin which he admitted him deserving death on a cross, apart from saying, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."?

Did he pray regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Luke 23: 39-43, And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40, But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.
42, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

After saying these few words, Jesus forgave him!

v. 43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”