Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnsaved and saved together? God forbid!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:55 am

Please see bottom post .
Last edited by branham1965 on Mon May 15, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:11 am

Bibleman posted this on Saturday May 13th 12:45 am

This post really helped me on this subject.

a [Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved] This is as plain as language can express a truth that Cornelius was not a saved or born-again man when he sent for Peter, and that he was not converted before Peter's sermon (Acts 10:43-48; 11:14-18; 15:7-13).

Twelve Reasons Why Cornelius Was Not Saved:

1. Acts 11:14 plainly says that the angel told Cornelius that Peter would tell him words whereby he would be saved.

2. He was no more saved than his house, for both were to be saved by the message that Peter was to give them (Acts 11:14).

3. He was not saved by his good life, as proved in the note on Acts 10:2.

4. Acts 10:6 confirms the fact of Acts 11:14 that Peter was to tell Cornelius what he must do to be saved.

5. Peter's vision breaking down his prejudice about God saving Gentiles proves that they were not yet saved (Acts 10:9-16; 11:4-18).

6. Acts 10:22 again confirms the fact that Peter was to speak words to Cornelius to save him, as in Acts 11:14.

7. Acts 10:32 is the final word referring to God's command to Peter to preach the gospel that would save the Gentiles.

8. Acts 10:43 records the necessary words of salvation which Cornelius heard for the first time so he could be saved as the angel promised in Acts 11:14.

9. Acts 11:17 states when Cornelius and his house believed on the Lord. It was when Peter preached a certain part of his sermon and the Holy Ghost fell on them that heard the Word (Acts 10:43-44). They could not have believed this kind of message until they had heard it (Rom. 10:14-17).

10. The apostles acknowledged that the Gentiles were granted "repentance unto life" when Peter preached to the house of Cornelius (Acts 11:18 with Acts 10:43-44).

11. Peter again testified later that it was God who made the choice among the apostles that the Gentiles "by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe" (Acts 15:7).

12. Acts 15:9 says that the hearts of the Gentiles were purified by faith when Peter preached to them.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 11".[/quote]

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon May 15, 2017 4:35 pm

Ironman wrote:What did the malefactor on the cross do to be saved, after living a life of sin which he admitted him deserving death on a cross, apart from saying, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."?

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Luke 23: 39-43, And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40, But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

After saying these few words, Jesus forgave him!

v. 43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon May 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Why do I have to be Ultra-Grace or Forced Love?

branham1965 wrote:Which one are you Roger???

:mrgreen: :-D

luchnia wrote:Ultra grace, or forced love? :mrgreen:

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Hi, Haz...

You might want to consider this, at least for discussion purposes...

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/cornelius.php
Let God be True wrote:When Was Cornelius Born Again?
    Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

For more about Cornelius, see this sermon outline.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:07 pm

What on earth is "Forced Love" ??????

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon May 15, 2017 7:16 pm

branham1965 wrote:What on earth is "Forced Love" ??????

Maybe, Luchnia can tell us?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Honestly Roger i never heard of it.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon May 15, 2017 7:39 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:What did the malefactor on the cross do to be saved, after living a life of sin which he admitted him deserving death on a cross, apart from saying, "Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom."?

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Luke 23: 39-43, And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40, But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?
41, And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42, And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

v. 43, And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Too hard basket? What about the thief on the cross? He was saved forty feet above the high water mark! He never got his big toe wet, was not baptized, never associated with believers, never even asked God to forgive him his sins. He was a thief who stole from his fellowman, from God, and from himself.  He had wasted his life and his crimes were so bad that he was now being crucified to be remembered.

All he did at the last moment's before death was ask Jesus to remember him. He did call Jesus "Lord." Was this his moment of conversion?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

luchnia
The Lord Will Give Strength Unto His People

Postby luchnia » Mon May 15, 2017 7:53 pm

branham1965 wrote:Honestly Roger i never heard of it.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:

Forced love is a god that forces you to love him. OSAS god makes them choose him.They have no choice in the matter - it is forced.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 pm

:angel: :angel: :angel: Spot on mate.You know i have your back until i die.

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Too hard basket? What about the thief on the cross? He was saved forty feet above the high water mark! He never got his big toe wet, was not baptized, never associated with believers, never even asked God to forgive him his sins. He was a thief who stole from his fellowman, from God, and from himself.  He had wasted his life and his crimes were so bad that he was now being crucified to be remembered.

All he did at the last moment's before death was ask Jesus to remember him. He did call Jesus "Lord." Was this his moment of conversion?

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”