Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnsaved and saved together? God forbid!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Earnestly Contend for the Faith Once Delivered unto the Saints!

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Fri May 12, 2017 7:53 pm

BTW, Cornelius had a devout officer that needed salvation.

The words that saved them (believing that God raised Jesus from the dead). The simple but powerful words of salvation!:

39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[b] and praising God.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 9:37 pm

:angel:
luchnia wrote:BTW, Cornelius had a devout officer that needed salvation.

The words that saved them (believing that God raised Jesus from the dead). The simple but powerful words of salvation!:

39 “We are witnesses of everything he did in the country of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They killed him by hanging him on a cross, 40 but God raised him from the dead on the third day and caused him to be seen. 41 He was not seen by all the people, but by witnesses whom God had already chosen—by us who ate and drank with him after he rose from the dead. 42 He commanded us to preach to the people and to testify that he is the one whom God appointed as judge of the living and the dead. 43 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.

44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[b] and praising God.
Last edited by branham1965 on Fri May 12, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Fri May 12, 2017 9:54 pm

bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

God sent the Angel of the Lord to Peter about him.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.

Where in Scripture does it say Cornelius was lost?

Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. Acts 11:14

Acts 11:14-16, Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15, And as I began to speak, THE HOLY GHOST FELL UPON THEM, AS ON US AT THE BEGINNING.
16, Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:28 pm

Amen :smilecolros:

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.

Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. Acts 11:14

Acts 11:14-16, Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved.
15, And as I began to speak, THE HOLY GHOST FELL UPON THEM, AS ON US AT THE BEGINNING.
16, Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Message deleted

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat May 13, 2017 12:38 am

You're welcome, Haz.

Salvation is an awesome topic and Cornelius' story is quite interesting.

Ironman wrote:Thank you. I will read all this. Cornelius was already saved as far as I believed and he ended up being baptized as well.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Hi, Haz...

You might want to consider this, at least for discussion purposes...

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/cornelius.php
Let God be True wrote:When Was Cornelius Born Again?
    Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

For more about Cornelius, see this sermon outline.

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Sat May 13, 2017 12:45 am

Ironman wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:

a [Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved] This is as plain as language can express a truth that Cornelius was not a saved or born-again man when he sent for Peter, and that he was not converted before Peter's sermon (Acts 10:43-48; 11:14-18; 15:7-13).

Twelve Reasons Why Cornelius Was Not Saved:

1. Acts 11:14 plainly says that the angel told Cornelius that Peter would tell him words whereby he would be saved.

2. He was no more saved than his house, for both were to be saved by the message that Peter was to give them (Acts 11:14).

3. He was not saved by his good life, as proved in the note on Acts 10:2.

4. Acts 10:6 confirms the fact of Acts 11:14 that Peter was to tell Cornelius what he must do to be saved.

5. Peter's vision breaking down his prejudice about God saving Gentiles proves that they were not yet saved (Acts 10:9-16; 11:4-18).

6. Acts 10:22 again confirms the fact that Peter was to speak words to Cornelius to save him, as in Acts 11:14.

7. Acts 10:32 is the final word referring to God's command to Peter to preach the gospel that would save the Gentiles.

8. Acts 10:43 records the necessary words of salvation which Cornelius heard for the first time so he could be saved as the angel promised in Acts 11:14.

9. Acts 11:17 states when Cornelius and his house believed on the Lord. It was when Peter preached a certain part of his sermon and the Holy Ghost fell on them that heard the Word (Acts 10:43-44). They could not have believed this kind of message until they had heard it (Rom. 10:14-17).

10. The apostles acknowledged that the Gentiles were granted "repentance unto life" when Peter preached to the house of Cornelius (Acts 11:18 with Acts 10:43-44).

11. Peter again testified later that it was God who made the choice among the apostles that the Gentiles "by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe" (Acts 15:7).

12. Acts 15:9 says that the hearts of the Gentiles were purified by faith when Peter preached to them.

Finis Jennings Dake, Dake's Annotated Reference Bible: Containing the Old and New Testaments of the Authorized or King James Version Text, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Bible Sales, Inc., 1997), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, Under: "Chapter 11".

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 am

Good question, Billy.

Travelling, now... Cannot type much...

branham1965 wrote:Which one are you Roger???

:mrgreen: :-D

luchnia wrote:Ultra grace, or forced love? :mrgreen:

Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:03 am

deleted.
Last edited by branham1965 on Sat May 13, 2017 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 am

You be safe my friend. :scatter:

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Good question, Billy.

Travelling, now... Cannot type much...

branham1965 wrote:Which one are you Roger???

:mrgreen: :-D

luchnia wrote:Ultra grace, or forced love? :mrgreen:

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”