Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnsaved and saved together? God forbid!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:51 pm

I never once affirmed that the Lord saved the Gentiles in Acts 10 outside of Christ.

You will not accept that Cornelius was a devout man that feared God and gave alms to the people and prayed always and was of a good report and heard from an Angel of God what to do.

Almighty God heard his prayer before he was saved!!!!

"Thy prayers and thine alms are come up a memorial before God."



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:53 pm

AMEN HAZ. :angel: :angel:


Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

God sent the Angel of the Lord to Peter about him.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.


Where in Scripture does it say Cornelius was lost?



User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3841
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri May 12, 2017 7:00 pm

Hi, Haz...

You might want to consider this, at least for discussion purposes...

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/cornelius.php
Let God be True wrote:When Was Cornelius Born Again?
    Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

    Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

    For more about Cornelius, see this sermon outline.



User avatar
bibleman
Administrator
Posts: 2580
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 1998 5:23 pm
Location: South Carolina
Contact:

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby bibleman » Fri May 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

God sent the Angel of the Lord to Peter about him.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.


Where in Scripture does it say Cornelius was lost?


Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. Acts 11:14


God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

User avatar
luchnia
Ask and It Shall Be Given Unto You
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Fri May 12, 2017 7:15 pm

branham1965 wrote:I never once affirmed that the Lord saved the Gentiles in Acts 10 outside of Christ.

You will not accept that Cornelius was a devout man that feared God and gave alms to the people and prayed always and was of a good report and heard from an Angel of God what to do.

Almighty God heard his prayer before he was saved!!!!

"Thy prayers and thine alms are come up a memorial before God."

I absolutely accept that Cornelius was a devout man that feared God and gave alms to the people and prayed and was of good report, but he was not saved. Being good does not save you. Many men are good. Some are shockingly good but do not know the Lord.

Why would people think that praying, doing good, and being devout would save you? Just like the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice in the week was not saved. I think Dake hit the nail on the head with this one. I think what the story teaches us is that God will send the way to salvation to a sincere man.


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
Ask and It Shall Be Given Unto You
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Fri May 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Hi, Haz...

You might want to consider this, at least for discussion purposes...

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/cornelius.php
Let God be True wrote:When Was Cornelius Born Again?
    Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

    Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

    For more about Cornelius, see this sermon outline.

Ultra grace, or forced love? :mrgreen:


Word up!

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2636
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Ironman » Fri May 12, 2017 7:21 pm

Thank you. I will read all this. Cornelius was already saved as far as I believed and he ended up being baptized as well.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Hi, Haz...

You might want to consider this, at least for discussion purposes...

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/cornelius.php
Let God be True wrote:When Was Cornelius Born Again?
    Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

    Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

    For more about Cornelius, see this sermon outline.


Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

User avatar
luchnia
Ask and It Shall Be Given Unto You
Posts: 534
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Fri May 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Another great story of a man that was devout but not saved was the Ethiopian Eunich. Phillip had to go tell him words by which he would be saved.

Phillip told him the story of Jesus!


Word up!

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:35 pm

He was saved when they believed on the Lord Jesus.Acts 10 and 11.

Cornelius and the Gentiles were saved by faith in the Lord Jesus.

They then received the Holy Ghost for they were on justified grounds.And they obeyed the Lord and were buried with Christ in Water Baptism.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5192
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Which one are you Roger???

:mrgreen: :-D

luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Hi, Haz...

You might want to consider this, at least for discussion purposes...

http://www.letgodbetrue.com/questions/cornelius.php
Let God be True wrote:When Was Cornelius Born Again?
    Most Bible believers assume the new birth occurs when a person believes the gospel. But the Bible does not support this assumption.

In Acts chapter 10, Cornelius is a great example of a man who was born again BEFORE he ever heard the gospel, or even met Peter.

First, notice that before he met Peter or heard the gospel, Cornelius "feared God with all his house" (v.2). And from the Bible we know that those who fear the Lord possess God's salvation (Ps. 85:9), enjoy God's mercy (Ps. 103:17), and please God (Ps. 147:11). Unsaved men do not fear God (Rom 3:18; Ps 36:1).

Second, see that Cornelius' prayers were "come up for a memorial before God" (v.4), before he heard or believed the gospel through Peter. And Proverbs 15:29 teaches us plainly that God only hears the prayers of the righteous.

Third, observe that Peter acknowledged in verses 34-35 that God had already accepted Cornelius before Peter ever met him.

    Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

From this brief study of Acts chapter 10, we conclude Cornelius was born again and in possession of eternal life before he ever heard the gospel or met Peter. Cornelius is a great Biblical example of what the Bible teaches regarding the new birth: it is based only on the will of God (John 1:13), it is necessary before a man can even see the kingdom of God (John 3:3), and it is the washing and renewing work of the Holy Spirit of God (Titus 3:5).

Lost and wicked sinners do not accomplish their own new birth. Only when a man is already born again does he have any desire, like Cornelius, to hear and obey the gospel message (John 5:24, I Cor. 2:14).

    For more about Cornelius, see this sermon outline.

Ultra grace, or forced love? :mrgreen:




Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests