Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnsaved and saved together? God forbid!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed May 10, 2017 10:09 pm

bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote: ¿

What are these little upside down question marks that are appearing before your post?

In Spanish, they're used at the beginning of a question so that the reader knows a question is being asked from the beginning of a sentence. They're used kind of like quotation marks to frame a question the way quotation marks frame a quote.

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Wed May 10, 2017 10:18 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote: ¿

What are these little upside down question marks that are appearing before your post?

In Spanish, they're used at the beginning of a question so that the reader knows a question is being asked from the beginning of a sentence. They're used kind of like quotation marks to frame a question the way quotation marks frame a quote.

Oh OK - Thanks

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 pm

:angel: :angel: :angel:

bibleman wrote:
luchnia wrote:I realize this subject has a degree of complexity to it, but nonetheless it is a powerful topic and probably needs some separation. I appreciate any input given. I do realize that tares are hard to distinguish from wheat, but was that among the congregation of the believers or in the world?

I keep going back to how Paul handled the situation of sin when it was among them and how Jesus addressed sin. I don't have much time now to respond to the other statements, but I want to bring up some more scriptures on this subject.

I am not sure we can get there in today's world, but something in me believes that the fellowship must be among the redeemed of the Lord and none others. I know the places that I fellowship I don't really see any bold outright sin, so I would not be able to tell you who is doing what and I really don't inquire of it.

More on this later...

Here is how you could fix the situation.

Put up THREE stations as people enter the church.

Station 1 - You must have come to church last Sunday in order to get in this Sunday. (if you pass then go to station 2)

Station 2 - You must have read you Bible and prayed each day of the week for at least 1 hour per day. (if you pass then go to station 3)

Station 3 - You pay your tithes right there on the spot by producing a copy of your pay check stub and writing 10% directly to the church. (if you pass this then you are welcome in the church)

Those three stations would make it so that nobody could go to church except true - blue - believers.

What do you think?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu May 11, 2017 1:12 am

Thank you Pastor Bible for the rubber meets road truth. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Bibleman said :

"Here is how you could fix the situation.

Put up THREE stations as people enter the church.

Station 1 - You must have come to church last Sunday in order to get in this Sunday. (if you pass then go to station 2)

Station 2 - You must have read you Bible and prayed each day of the week for at least 1 hour per day. (if you pass then go to station 3)

Station 3 - You pay your tithes right there on the spot by producing a copy of your pay check stub and writing 10% directly to the church. (if you pass this then you are welcome in the church)

Those three stations would make it so that nobody could go to church except true - blue - believers.

What do you think?[/quote][/quote]"

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Postby macca » Thu May 11, 2017 5:17 am

Dad Hagin talks about this a lot when he was teaching, as all that knew him he taught and ministered the pure word of God as it was revealed to him by the Holy Spirit.
He believed that was all that was necessary for the people if they would listen and receive the word it would build, strengthen, enlighten, convict, free, release, heal, deliver a body of believers to do the work of the Lord for the glory of God.

He also stated that he had people come forward for salvation that he thought were saved for years,
because these people acted just like everyone else, came to church every Sunday, bible studies, taught Sunday school, tithed faithfully, never used bad language,,etc... to all intents and purposes they were the image of a good Christian.
But they sat under the word of God long enough to realise they were never saved, just thought they were and became a better person than they were before.

macca

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

:angel: :angel:
macca wrote:Dad Hagin talks about this a lot when he was teaching, as all that knew him he taught and ministered the pure word of God as it was revealed to him by the Holy Spirit.
He believed that was all that was necessary for the people if they would listen and receive the word it would build, strengthen, enlighten, convict, free, release, heal, deliver a body of believers to do the work of the Lord for the glory of God.

He also stated that he had people come forward for salvation that he thought were saved for years,
because these people acted just like everyone else, came to church every Sunday, bible studies, taught Sunday school, tithed faithfully, never used bad language,,etc... to all intents and purposes they were the image of a good Christian.
But they sat under the word of God long enough to realise they were never saved, just thought they were and became a better person than they were before.

macca

luchnia
If Ye Love Them that Love You, What Reward Have Ye?

Postby luchnia » Fri May 12, 2017 6:56 am

macca wrote:Dad Hagin talks about this a lot when he was teaching, as all that knew him he taught and ministered the pure word of God as it was revealed to him by the Holy Spirit.

macca

Yep, Dake spoke about Cornelius and the fact that he was not saved and doomed to hell, even though he was a devout praying man. God sent someone to him to tell how to be saved. Praying, fasting, devotion, etc, does not save as we see in God's word.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

God sent the Angel of the Lord to Peter about him.

luchnia
If Ye Love Them that Love You, What Reward Have Ye?

Postby luchnia » Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 pm

branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

The Bible says he was a devout just man.He feared God and gave alms to the people.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.

Word up!

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri May 12, 2017 6:44 pm

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Acts 10.

Exactly and yet he was still unsaved. Also do you remember the Pharisee that prayed daily and fasted twice a week and yet the guy beside him beating on his chest went down to his house justified and not the devout Pharisee?

Being devoted to something just means that you work hard at it and believe in what you are doing. There is many a devout person that does good. Look at all the devout atheist that do good to people.

Many think being devout is salvation and how far that is from the truth. The important thing is God made sure that someone went to Cornelius to show him the way to be saved. To tell him about the risen savior. No one can be saved with confessing with the mouth and believing in the heart that God raised Jesus from the dead no matter how devout and just they are.

Where in Scripture does it say Cornelius was lost?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”