Dake Bible Discussion BoardUnsaved and saved together? God forbid!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
User avatar
luchnia
If Ye Love Them that Love You, What Reward Have Ye?
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Tue May 16, 2017 8:14 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Just curious, how do we know he didn't pray regular or wasn't born again? What scripture states that he did not do those things? Someone may be able to post some text, but I don't think there is a record of when the man was born again.

Many prisoners accept Christ even to this very day. It was obvious that he was not like the other malefactor there that day. He even asked the other, don't you fear God?


Word up!

User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2603
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Ironman » Tue May 16, 2017 8:26 pm

luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Just curious, how do we know he didn't pray regular or wasn't born again? What scripture states that he did not do those things? Someone may be able to post some text, but I don't think there is a record of when the man was born again.

Many prisoners accept Christ even to this very day. It was obvious that he was not like the other malefactor there that day. He even asked the other, don't you fear God?


I don't know of any born again Christians who are on death row because they were thieves who stole from their fellowman, from God, and from themselves, who had wasted their lives, and their crimes being so bad they were sentenced to death? There is nothing recorded in Scripture teaching he was set up with or because of Christ?


Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue May 16, 2017 8:34 pm

luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:What on earth is "Forced Love" ??????

Maybe, Luchnia can tell us?

branham1965 wrote:Honestly Roger i never heard of it.

Forced love is a god that forces you to love him. OSAS god makes them choose him.They have no choice in the matter - it is forced.

I thought there were some Eternal Securityites that hold to free will in choosing to be saved, but after that, you're locked in? They believe no one is forced to choose Him, but once a person chooses Him, nothing they do can pry them out of His hand.



User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5113
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Tue May 16, 2017 9:52 pm

That is what the Church of Christ used to try to read into that section of Scripture.They even say he was baptized by John or Jesus Disciples John 4.

The text affirms he was a thief who accepted Jesus Christ as Lord.

Reverend Dake teaches on his audios to be simple.Don't go beyond the Bible.Don't let our inquisitive minds read into things.




luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Just curious, how do we know he didn't pray regular or wasn't born again? What scripture states that he did not do those things? Someone may be able to post some text, but I don't think there is a record of when the man was born again.

Many prisoners accept Christ even to this very day. It was obvious that he was not like the other malefactor there that day. He even asked the other, don't you fear God?



User avatar
luchnia
If Ye Love Them that Love You, What Reward Have Ye?
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Wed May 17, 2017 6:35 am

Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Just curious, how do we know he didn't pray regular or wasn't born again? What scripture states that he did not do those things? Someone may be able to post some text, but I don't think there is a record of when the man was born again.

Many prisoners accept Christ even to this very day. It was obvious that he was not like the other malefactor there that day. He even asked the other, don't you fear God?


I don't know of any born again Christians who are on death row because they were thieves who stole from their fellowman, from God, and from themselves, who had wasted their lives, and their crimes being so bad they were sentenced to death? There is nothing recorded in Scripture teaching he was set up with or because of Christ?

I think my post was misunderstood. I assume he accepted Jesus as Lord and his savior or he would have not been with Jesus in paradise, but that is merely speculation as the text does not indicate.
Last edited by luchnia on Wed May 17, 2017 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
If Ye Love Them that Love You, What Reward Have Ye?
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Wed May 17, 2017 6:42 am

branham1965 wrote:That is what the Church of Christ used to try to read into that section of Scripture.They even say he was baptized by John or Jesus Disciples John 4.

The text affirms he was a thief who accepted Jesus Christ as Lord.

Reverend Dake teaches on his audios to be simple.Don't go beyond the Bible.Don't let our inquisitive minds read into things.




luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Just curious, how do we know he didn't pray regular or wasn't born again? What scripture states that he did not do those things? Someone may be able to post some text, but I don't think there is a record of when the man was born again.

Many prisoners accept Christ even to this very day. It was obvious that he was not like the other malefactor there that day. He even asked the other, don't you fear God?

I am missing your point here. I don't think I posted anything to the contrary nor read anything into the text at all. I only asked two questions.

Here is another way to look at it. There were two malefactors with Jesus, our assumption from the limited references are that one was saved and one was not and we do not know when the presumed saved person got salvation.

It is assumed and taught by many it was at that minute on the cross that Jesus spoke the words to the malefactor that he would join Jesus in paradise, but nothing in the text indicates that and one would be letting their inquisitive minds read into things if they took it to mean anything other than what it clearly states. As Dake says, "keep it simple."


Word up!

User avatar
luchnia
If Ye Love Them that Love You, What Reward Have Ye?
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby luchnia » Wed May 17, 2017 6:50 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:What on earth is "Forced Love" ??????

Maybe, Luchnia can tell us?

branham1965 wrote:Honestly Roger i never heard of it.

Forced love is a god that forces you to love him. OSAS god makes them choose him.They have no choice in the matter - it is forced.

I thought there were some Eternal Securityites that hold to free will in choosing to be saved, but after that, you're locked in? They believe no one is forced to choose Him, but once a person chooses Him, nothing they do can pry them out of His hand.

Yes, I noticed many do follow what you have posted, but there are those that claim they have no part in choosing. Maybe it is a small number as I don't know what the consensus is.


Word up!

User avatar
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 3787
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2004 6:27 pm

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed May 17, 2017 5:52 pm

luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:What on earth is "Forced Love" ??????

Maybe, Luchnia can tell us?

branham1965 wrote:Honestly Roger i never heard of it.

Forced love is a god that forces you to love him. OSAS god makes them choose him.They have no choice in the matter - it is forced.

I thought there were some Eternal Securityites that hold to free will in choosing to be saved, but after that, you're locked in? They believe no one is forced to choose Him, but once a person chooses Him, nothing they do can pry them out of His hand.

Yes, I noticed many do follow what you have posted, but there are those that claim they have no part in choosing. Maybe it is a small number as I don't know what the consensus is.

It's actually a fairly large portion of OSASers, from what I can tell. Don't have percentages, though. Some would classify them as Arminians that hold to Unconditional Security.

I think you're thinking of folks like the Calvinists and Particular Baptists who believe that those that are going to be saved were picked in advance by God and nothing will stop God from saving them.



User avatar
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 2603
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:29 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby Ironman » Wed May 17, 2017 6:05 pm

Jesus said in John 6:44, No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Now if a man drawn by the Father, leaves his life of sin and turns his life over to Jesus decides one day to leave and return to sin, God will allow this to happen. God forces no one to believe or stay with Him.


Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

User avatar
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous
Posts: 5113
Joined: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 am

Re: Unsaved and saved together? God forbid!

Postby branham1965 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:44 pm

From the Dake Annotated Reference Bible

note k on Luke 23:43 Two Dying Men Contrasted


1.One mocked Christ demonstrating utter lack of reason v39

2.One demonstrated the highest type of intelligence in 8 ways v 40-43

1.Feared God v 40
2.Rebuked another for not fearing God v 40
3.Acknowledged his own condemnation and helpless state v 40
4.Acknowledged justice for crime committed v 41
5.Confessed faith in the innocence of Christ who had been cleared by all civil rulers of any wrongdoing and who was being crucified solely because of religious jealous and malice as could be seen by all men v 41
6.Confessed Jesus as Lord v 42
7.Confessed faith in the eventual triumph of Christ's kingdom v 42
8.Asked mercy and forgiveness of Jesus Christ v42

No one expounds the Bible like than the Reverend Finis Jennings Dake. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Note l explains with Scripture where these two criminals went for eternity.






luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
luchnia wrote:
Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Did he pray regularly, did he gather with the believers regularly, did he tithe, was he baptized, born again, did he ask God to forgive him his sins?

Just curious, how do we know he didn't pray regular or wasn't born again? What scripture states that he did not do those things? Someone may be able to post some text, but I don't think there is a record of when the man was born again.

Many prisoners accept Christ even to this very day. It was obvious that he was not like the other malefactor there that day. He even asked the other, don't you fear God?


I don't know of any born again Christians who are on death row because they were thieves who stole from their fellowman, from God, and from themselves, who had wasted their lives, and their crimes being so bad they were sentenced to death? There is nothing recorded in Scripture teaching he was set up with or because of Christ?

I think my post was misunderstood. I assume he accepted Jesus as Lord and his savior or he would have not been with Jesus in paradise, but that is merely speculation as the text does not indicate.




Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 12 guests