Dake Bible Discussion BoardWas Jesus Very God and Very Man on the Earth????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Was Jesus Very God and Very Man on the Earth????

Post by branham1965 »

I wondered what you guys thought about this subject.

Was the Lord Jesus Christ both God and Man on the Earth????

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: Was Jesus Very God and Very Man on the Earth????

Post by Ironman »

Billy. get your God's Plan for man book and read on page 371, Lesson twenty one, THE TRUTH ABOUT JSESUS CHRIST. The humanity of Christ. This sums the subject up perfectly. I go with all it says. :angel:
Last edited by Ironman on Tue May 02, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you very much mate. :smilecolros: :turn-l:

i posted this because i have heard this discussed lately.i am reading about it in GPFM now. :Fade-color

Ironman wrote:Billy. get you God's Plan for man book and read on page 371, Lesson twenty one, THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS CHRIST. The humanity of Christ. This sums the subject up perfectly. I go with all it says. :angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:Thank you very much mate. :smilecolros: :turn-l:

i posted this because i have heard this discussed lately.i am reading about it in GPFM now. :Fade-color

Ironman wrote:Billy. get you God's Plan for man book and read on page 371, Lesson twenty one, THE TRUTH ABOUT JESUS CHRIST. The humanity of Christ. This sums the subject up perfectly. I go with all it says. :angel:
On-ya mate :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Absolutely.
branham1965 wrote:I wondered what you guys thought about this subject.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Pastor Titus213

Is your view the same as Reverend Dakes on this subject??

titus213 wrote:Absolutely.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

As far as I can tell, yes. I have heard various accusations against Dake, claiming that he taught the old heresy of "adoptionism" (Jesus was an ordinary man who lived in such obedience to God that he was adopted as God's Son when he was baptized). But that's not true. Maybe the accusation comes from people who twist Dake's belief that Jesus' relationship to the Father as Son is not eternal, but began with His birth as a man (a viewpoint I agree with). But that is not adoptionism. And it is not heretical. Even some Reformed theologians have taught the same thing (I heard it from directly from two of my profs, James Oliver Buswell and Robert Reymond. They have written about it as well).
branham1965 wrote:Pastor Titus213

Is your view the same as Reverend Dakes on this subject??

titus213 wrote:Absolutely.