Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT IS THE IDENTIFYING MARK OF A CULT??

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Re: WHAT IS THE IDENTIFYING MARK OF A CULT??

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:not so.
many people in groups you don't like have confessed Jesus as Lord and believed from their hearts.
The primary test is WHOM DO MEN SAY JESUS IS.
I have not stated any like or dislike about any groups, so I am not sure what you mean by "groups you don't like". In some of the other threads we have discussed false doctrines and some weirdos and I think some were saved in some of those groups. Some hold dearly to their cherished groups and yet it is because of slick tongued teaching that they are consumed like moths to a flame.

I agree with whom do men say Jesus is and believing in their hearts. As scripture shows us just saying whom Jesus is not enough. Many acknowledge who Jesus is yet are not saved. I think that is what I and others are implying in this thread.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHAT IS THE IDENTIFYING MARK OF A CULT??

Post by branham1965 »

howdy lucnia.

you are talking about individuals.

im saying all the main denominations have that fundamental truth.

a Preacher i admire and love ministered to Catholics.

i think it was a Charismatic Catholic group.The Lord moved mightily in those meetings.

Brother Hagin said God was able to move in that group BECAUSE THERE IS A D-E-P-O-S-I-T OF TRUTH THERE IN THAT CHURCH.

he said do they have everything right??? no and neither do the rest of us.

thats what i am poorly trying to say.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:not so.
many people in groups you don't like have confessed Jesus as Lord and believed from their hearts.
The primary test is WHOM DO MEN SAY JESUS IS.
I have not stated any like or dislike about any groups, so I am not sure what you mean by "groups you don't like". In some of the other threads we have discussed false doctrines and some weirdos and I think some were saved in some of those groups. Some hold dearly to their cherished groups and yet it is because of slick tongued teaching that they are consumed like moths to a flame.

I agree with whom do men say Jesus is and believing in their hearts. As scripture shows us just saying whom Jesus is not enough. Many acknowledge who Jesus is yet are not saved. I think that is what I and others are implying in this thread.