Dake Bible Discussion Boardwe all need to attend Church

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: we all need to attend Church

Post by branham1965 »

i think we all know about going to Church.

i tried to do this right.

sighs

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

The church is an assembly of God's people. That's implicit in the very word ekklesia, the “called out” ones. The ekklesia of Jesus consists of those who have been called out from the world for the very purpose of assembling themselves in the presence of God.

It's the duty of every Christian to assemble together. Hebrews 10:25 warns us not to be “forsaking our own assembling [episynagoge] together, as is the habit of some.” The noun used here is a form of the word “synagogue” (synagoge), which is used for the church’s assembly in Jas 2:2. Another Greek word, synago, meaning “to gather together, to assemble,” is used to refer to the assembling of the church in Acts 14:27; 15:30; 20:7-8; 1 Cor 5:4 (see also Matt 18:20).

These many references to Christians actually meeting together make it clear that this is part of what it means to be a member of the body of Christ. Those who argue, “I can be a solid Christian without going to church,” are simply resisting God’s will. The "television church" or "internet church" doesn't cut it. The 3 or 4 main purposes believers are to gather together for simply can't be accomplished that way.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

thank you titus213 :angel:

i like your posts.
titus213 wrote:The church is an assembly of God's people. That's implicit in the very word ekklesia, the “called out” ones. The ekklesia of Jesus consists of those who have been called out from the world for the very purpose of assembling themselves in the presence of God.

It's the duty of every Christian to assemble together. Hebrews 10:25 warns us not to be “forsaking our own assembling [episynagoge] together, as is the habit of some.” The noun used here is a form of the word “synagogue” (synagoge), which is used for the church’s assembly in Jas 2:2. Another Greek word, synago, meaning “to gather together, to assemble,” is used to refer to the assembling of the church in Acts 14:27; 15:30; 20:7-8; 1 Cor 5:4 (see also Matt 18:20).

These many references to Christians actually meeting together make it clear that this is part of what it means to be a member of the body of Christ. Those who argue, “I can be a solid Christian without going to church,” are simply resisting God’s will. The "television church" or "internet church" doesn't cut it. The 3 or 4 main purposes believers are to gather together for simply can't be accomplished that way.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

:angel: :angel:
branham1965 wrote:thank you titus213 :angel:

i like your posts.
titus213 wrote:The church is an assembly of God's people. That's implicit in the very word ekklesia, the “called out” ones. The ekklesia of Jesus consists of those who have been called out from the world for the very purpose of assembling themselves in the presence of God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

My Pastor told us to bring people to Church.

if they were prayed with ie some one outside they church to receive Christ then they were instructed to go forward and confirm it and the Pastor would pray with them.
and God blessed them.

i am listening to Reverend Angley.he is talking about this kind of thing.

He said WE can get a burr and things offend US and that the enemy will seduce US right out of the Church.

i think he is right.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:My Pastor told us to bring people to Church.it was a Full Gospel Missionary Evangelistic Church.

if they were prayed with ie some one outside they church to receive Christ then they were instructed to go forward and confirm it and the Pastor would pray with them.
and God blessed them.

he said WE can get a burr and things offend US and that the enemy will seduce US right out of the Church.

e when i left my home Armory it was because i was offended.i left and dear God did i make a mistake.

:arrow:
So true!

I have seen it happen again and again.

People slack up on prayer.
People slack up on Bible reading.
People get cold.
People get Knit-picky,
People get critical.
People start staying out of church.
People quit church.

Their kids become monsters!
Their kids grow up un-saved and headed for Hell.
They get divorced.
They become drug-heads and alcoholics.

They live a miserable life here on Earth.

They have a destiny of eternal separation from God.

Is the church their salvation? Of course not - JESUS IS.

But I have found that people who are truly saved LOVE to go to church!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

:angel: :angel: thanks for sharing that Pastor.

i know that it is the truth.

and fascinating to read.

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:My Pastor told us to bring people to Church.it was a Full Gospel Missionary Evangelistic Church.

and God blessed them.

he said WE can get a burr and things offend US and that the enemy will seduce US right out of the Church.

e when i left my home Armory it was because i was offended.i left and dear God did i make a mistake.

So true!

People get cold.
People get Knit-picky,
People get critical.
People quit church.

They get divorced.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

I'm sure Bibleman and other pastors here can attest to the fact that sometimes the pastor himself sees and feels the burden of the problems in his church even more than the people do. And it hurts him, too. But the pastor can't just call it quits if he's truly been called by God to minister to those people. He has to stick it out and fulfill his calling, just as Paul and all the early leaders did. There weren't churches on every corner in Ephesus, Thessalonica, etc. Christ's followers were stuck with the assembly that was there. And they were expected to help fix what needed to be fixed. From Paul's letters we can see that wasn't an easy job to do. There were plenty of troubles in his churches, and he was an apostle!

But Paul knew and taught that salvation involves not only forgiveness of sins but also becoming a mature Christian through the Holy Spirit’s sanctifying work. As sheep need a shepherd, so do Christians need the guidance and protection of their pastors or elders. Salvation is not a "fly solo" experience. It is a shared experience. The corporate or community aspect of salvation is what the church is all about. It is true that each sinner who receives God’s saving grace becomes “a new creation” (2 Cor 5:17). But in the broader perspective the church as a whole is God’s new creation, as the old hymn expresses it: “The Church’s one Foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord; she is His new creation, by water and the word.”

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

when i left i should of talked with my Pastor.things were changing.

i went to my future wife's church.and it was such a change.

that and other things weighed on me.And i left.

anyway the new church was not Full Gospel.and it was REALLY different for me.that is putting it mildly.

bibleman wrote:

and God blessed them.

So true!

People get cold.
People get Knit-picky,
People get critical.
People quit church.

They get divorced.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Jeremiah 17:5-7, Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.

V. 6, For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.

v. 7, Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?