Dake Bible Discussion BoardReverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Reverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

Post by branham1965 »

God's plan for man

page 32

REVEREND DAKE teaches us from the Word how to overcome sin and bad habits.
he says "if you have yielded to temptation immediately go to God for forgiveness and He will forgive and give power to overcome.2 Cor 5:17-18 1 John1:9."

he later says "God does not bear grudges .He forgives and helps every time we need Him."
"He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell the moment you do something wrong.
He is a kind loving Heavenly Father ready to forgive us when we cannot forgive ourselves."

"All complications with God's dealings with us are are on our part.
just be faithful to confess anything necessary ,resist temptation,and God will give you power to overcome."
" remember thoughts or feelings DO NOT constitute sin.No sin has been committed until sin has been "finished."James 1:13-16.Temptations are legitimate warnings

that you are being attacked by the devil,but do not consider temptations themselves as sin."

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Reverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

Post by branham1965 »

talking to myself here. +goofy

Reverend Dake was a great PASTOR as well as the Walking Bible . .He was a real Cowboy too.

He would have impressed John Wayne and Gary Cooper.He was a big man not fat.But big and powerful .

on you tube when he is giving lectures

his shoulders were massive.He was all man.and his hair thick..i'm a old barber so i always liked his hair.

and i remembered things like this in the supplements of GPFM.

i love the supplements.its the practical part.where the rubber meets the road.

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

branham1965 wrote:God's plan for man

page 32

he says "if you have yielded to temptation immediately go to God for forgiveness and He will forgive and give power to overcome.2 Cor 5:17-18 1 John1:9."

he later says "God does not bear grudges .He forgives and helps every time we need Him."
"He is not ready to consign you to eternal hell the moment you do something wrong.
He is a kind loving Heavenly Father ready to forgive us when we cannot forgive ourselves."

just be faithful to confess anything necessary ,resist temptation,and God will give you power to overcome."
" remember thoughts or feelings DO NOT constitute sin.No sin has been committed until sin has been "finished."James 1:13-16.Temptations are legitimate warnings

that you are being attacked by the devil,but do not consider temptations themselves as sin."
:smilecolros: :angel: :shock: :smilecolros:

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I think some people ..... want to forget that Reverend Dake said things like this too.These comments are in GPFM as well.

+jesussign

Not a single "sinless perfectionist" commented on this. +pieface

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

page 32

:angel: :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

page 32

Sounds good to me!

The Ultra-grace people say you are forgiven and saved whether you confess and forsake it or not. - To them it does not matter if you are still sinning are living like the Devil. Once you have been born again according to them - there is nothing you could ever do to get out of going to Heaven - no matter how hard you try!

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Your part is to confess and forsake sin. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 32.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

I do not understand how the ultra grace people can say people do not need to confess and forsake sin.

And i agree with what you said here Reverend Bible.We really need the old time religion.

bibleman wrote:

page 32

Sounds good to me!

The Ultra-grace people say you are forgiven and saved whether you confess and forsake it or not. - To them it does not matter if you are still sinning are living like the Devil. Once you have been born again according to them - there is nothing you could ever do to get out of going to Heaven - no matter how hard you try!

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Your part is to confess and forsake sin. Finis J. Dake, God's Plan for Man, (Lawrenceville, GA: Dake Publishing, Inc., 2004), WORDsearch CROSS e-book, 32.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

OSASers fall into this camp. I know several that say "when" you sin (they change the "if" in God's word to "when") you only are out of fellowship. God still keeps you. You are still saved. Bull marlarky!

I think a lot of people think lip service takes care of it as well. In other words, they can confess, but continue in the sin. More bull marlarky :mrgreen:

Word up!

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:
bibleman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

OSASers fall into this camp. I know several that say "when" you sin (they change the "if" in God's word to "when") you only are out of fellowship. God still keeps you. You are still saved. Bull marlarky!

I think a lot of people think lip service takes care of it as well. In other words, they can confess, but continue in the sin. More bull marlarky :mrgreen:
Sadly the church (wheat and tares) are full of that kind of teaching. I would not want to be in their shoes when I meet Jesus face to face!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

Listening to Dake's lectures over and over and over there is no doubt he taught total purity in God and he taught that one was heart sanctified at the moment of the new birth - the born-again experience.

He did at times bring up some things that could be perceived to be slightly against total purity, yet in the bulk of his messages was you are pure in Christ and you must continue to stay pure. He certainly indicated that one could fall, thus the reason for staying pure, standing, remaining, enduring, and so on.

If you align with Dake's teaching you would have to wonder at this ultra grace thing! Pulling a few verses out of context and building on them and not balancing them across the board can easily put you in the ultra grace camp. I can see why the argument can be strong for ultra grace even though I disagree with it.

Word up!