Dake Bible Discussion BoardReverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Reverend Dake how to overcome sin and bad habits

Post by bibleman »

luchnia wrote:Listening to Dake's lectures over and over and over there is no doubt he taught total purity in God and he taught that one was heart sanctified at the moment of the new birth - the born-again experience.

He did at times bring up some things that could be perceived to be slightly against total purity, yet in the bulk of his messages was you are pure in Christ and you must continue to stay pure. He certainly indicated that one could fall, thus the reason for staying pure, standing, remaining, enduring, and so on.

If you align with Dake's teaching you would have to wonder at this ultra grace thing! Pulling a few verses out of context and building on them and not balancing them across the board can easily put you in the ultra grace camp. I can see why the argument can be strong for ultra grace even though I disagree with it.
In this video Dake says somewhat like you do: "If you will get right with God... and stay right with God... then you will always be right with God!"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32x6EjqYEZ0[/youtube]

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

" HE DID AT TIMES BRING UP SOME THINGS THAT COULD BE PERCEIVED TO BE AGAINST TOTAL PURITY YET IN THE BULK OF HIS MESSAGES....WHAT!!!!!!!!! :shocked!: :crazyeyes:

Reverend Dake handled this subject in a balanced, sane,and kind way.With the heart of a Pastor.

luchnia wrote:Listening to Dake's lectures over and over and over there is no doubt he taught total purity in God and he taught that one was heart sanctified at the moment of the new birth - the born-again experience.

He did at times bring up some things that could be perceived to be slightly against total purity, yet in the bulk of his messages was you are pure in Christ and you must continue to stay pure. He certainly indicated that one could fall, thus the reason for staying pure, standing, remaining, enduring, and so on.

If you align with Dake's teaching you would have to wonder at this ultra grace thing! Pulling a few verses out of context and building on them and not balancing them across the board can easily put you in the ultra grace camp. I can see why the argument can be strong for ultra grace even though I disagree with it.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:" HE DID AT TIMES BRING UP SOME THINGS THAT COULD BE PERCEIVED TO BE AGAINST TOTAL PURITY YET IN THE BULK OF HIS MESSAGES....WHAT!!!!!!!!! :shocked!: :crazyeyes:

Reverend Dake handled this subject in a balanced, sane,and kind way.With the heart of a Pastor.

Yes I agree. Dake did a great job of balance. He would state a condition, yet he would not approve, authorize, accept or otherwise of sin and taught total purity and holiness in God. He maintained that it could not be tolerated and the sinner would perish in hell.

He stated that the unsaved and saved are not together in the true Church and that they could not be. He was definitely well balanced in his teachings.

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

IF THAT WAS ALL REVEREND DAKE PREACHED AND TAUGHT

HE WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO EXTREME AND IN THE DITCH .

INSTEAD HE TAUGHT THE WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD AND HAS BLESSED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

deleted.

[/quote]
Yes I agree. Dake did a great job of balance. He would state a condition, yet he would not approve, authorize, accept or otherwise of sin and taught total purity and holiness in God. He maintained that it could not be tolerated and the sinner would perish in hell.

He stated that the unsaved and saved are not together in the true Church and that they could not be. He was definitely well balanced in his teachings.[/quote]