Dake Bible Discussion BoardIs there any mention of people having pets in Scripture.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Is there any mention of people having pets in Scripture.

Post by Ironman »

A question was raised on another forum where the OP asked, "Is there any mention of people having pets in the Bible?"

2 Samuel 12, verse 3 comes to mind. One could assume this ewe lamb was a pet loved by the poor man and his children. So my answer would be yes.

2 Samuel. 12:3, But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Is there any mention of people having pets in Scripture.

Post by branham1965 »

Bulldogs are the best friend to man.

Lord Byron said his bulldog Boatswain had all of mans virtues and none of his vices.

AMEN. +highfive

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

A have another question regarding snakes after reading this.

Many times I have wondered when seeing snakes in the wild and then seeing them handled and sometimes loved by men as pets, but hated by me. I kill them when ever I come across any. I remember how the snake once walked and talked with Adam and Eve in the garden and then made a pact with Satan to deceive man.

I often wonder, seeing the snake was able to walk and talk, attributes taken away from him by God because of what he did, and the fact that the snake will remain cursed even during the Millennium when the curse is removed from all other animals.

Do snakes, although now not able to walk and talk as before the fall, do they still have the ability to think, reason, make decisions, and even hate mankind as Satan does? This is not the first time something like this has happened. Thoughts anyone?

Video footage shows gruesome moment missing man is cut out of giant python’s body
March 30, 20171:27pm.

WARNING: VERY Graphic content and images.

SHOCKING details are coming to light over the discovery of a man swallowed by a giant reticulated python.
A man who went missing in a remote Indonesian village on the island of West Sulawesi on Sunday night has been found inside a seven-metre-long python.
Footage released by Viral Press shows the horrifying moment 25-year-old harvester Akbar Salubiro’s body was reportedly cut out of the giant snake’s belly.
“This probably attacked from behind,” a villager told Tribun Timur.
The Timur said the snake weighed 158 kilograms, almost four times the body weight of its victim.

Video link + pictures,;

http://www.news.com.au/technology/scien ... 3bd6db7c64

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Beasts in Revelation.

Animals -Beasts in Ezekiel .

JESUS rides a white horse.

i think the Lord loves animals.

not a sparrow falls and God misses it.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:Beasts in Revelation.

Animals -Beasts in Ezekiel .

JESUS rides a white horse.

i think the Lord loves animals.

not a sparrow falls and God misses it.
I was thinking that yesterday billy. I'm thinking the white horse Jesus rides would be His favourite or at least His special horse.

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Since Solomon was mentioned in another thread I thought I'd mention 1 Kings 4:33-34:

[Solomon] spoke also of animals and birds and creeping things and fish. Men (came from all peoples to hear the wisdom of Solomon, from all the kings of the earth who had heard of his wisdom.

I would imagine that someone who had God-given wisdom about animals and birds and creepy crawlers and fish would have at least one of those as a pet.