Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby branham1965 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:32 am

Thanks mate.Haz you are the best.

as far as the earth being flat ...real scientists =like those at NASA for example laugh at the talk of a flat earth.and view with suspicion those espousing such a position.

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote: Christians have their heads cut off by ISIS and you say its great they died that way!!

I know of nothing greater than dying as a martyr for Christ, Billy.

The 2nd-century Church Father Tertullian wrote that "the blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church," implying that the martyrs' willing sacrifice of their lives leads to the conversion of others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_martyrs

You would not talk like you do if it was your family being killed.
Did the early Church weep over their martyrs?? Yes!!!! Stephen being one.

When a Christian is killed, it is my family that is being killed.

No, its not your personal family being killed. Its the family of Jesus Chris, members of His body. Sure we feel for them and pray for them but its not as if someone came and killed "YOUR WIFE OR ONE OF YOUR CHILDREN."

If they were members of my personal family, living with me under my roof, they would not be getting killed by anyone.

If that is the case, then I don't see how Billy's supposition that I "wouldn't talk like that if it was" my "family being killed" has any relevance to the off-topic discussion he wishes to have because he cannot refute the Biblical Flat-Earth position.

****************************************************************************************************************

Billy is talking about a member of your own personal family, ie, your wife, daughter, son, grandchild or mother, not some unknown to you, stranger in another country that has been starved, disarmed, downtrodden, where human beings are treated worse than animals.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I wrote;
You are entitled to your opinion.
No one, including you or I can ever know in this life what reward anyone will receive until we stand before the judge.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Nonsense. St. Paul the Apostle claimed otherwise.

Like I said, I'm not the brightest person on here, please explain?

We know this much. There will be certain degrees of rewards in Heaven as well as certain degrees of punishments in Hell depending upon what life was led here on Earth while alive. Where in Scripture does Paul say we can know what rewards personally known by us individuals will receive before they stand before Jesus?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:17 pm

I am with you all the way Haz.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:24 pm

Ironman wrote:I wrote;
You are entitled to your opinion.
No one, including you or I can ever know in this life what reward anyone will receive until we stand before the judge.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote: Nonsense. St. Paul the Apostle claimed otherwise.

Like I said, I'm not the brightest person on here, please explain?

We know this much. There will be certain degrees of rewards in Heaven as well as certain degrees of punishments in Hell depending upon what life was led here on Earth while alive. Where in Scripture does Paul say we can know what rewards personally known by us individuals will receive before they stand before Jesus?

Paul talks about one specific reward for those who meet specific conditions in 2nd Timothy 4.

John the Revelator mentions a specific reward for martyrs in Revelation 20. The author of Hebrews mentions the reward of a better resurrection in chapter 11.

Other specifics are given in other places.

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:25 pm

I like the cool guy dance.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Does by chance denying the Holocaust in World War II AND the murder of 6 million Jews affect ones perception of the true universe????

I must say yes!!!!

Roger
are you a HOLOCAUST denier?????????

If so why would anyone believe you for a minute???

I am curious what others here think of the HOLOCAUST.

The Holocaust happened, its an undeniable fact. :angel:

Billy? Haz?

You may or may not be interested in this:
https://holocaustdeprogrammingcourse.com

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:04 pm

I took a brief glance at this site.I will look more at it later.Looks heavy duty.

Peace.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:Does by chance denying the Holocaust in World War II AND the murder of 6 million Jews affect ones perception of the true universe????

I must say yes!!!!

Roger
are you a HOLOCAUST denier?????????

If so why would anyone believe you for a minute???

I am curious what others here think of the HOLOCAUST.

The Holocaust happened, its an undeniable fact. :angel:

Billy? Haz?

You may or may not be interested in this:
https://holocaustdeprogrammingcourse.com

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 pm

Ironman wrote:So what are the pillars resting on??

Psalm 75:3 King James Version
        The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
    The Lord bears up the piilars of the earth. Ultimately, all things are upheld by the word of His power (Hebrews 11:3).

Here's some more information on what the pillars are resting on...

Rob Skiba wrote:... Anyone trying to say the Bible even remotely supports any notion of a spinning, heliocentric, globular Earth, hurling through the vast emptiness of space is sorely deceived and/or suffering from an extremely severe case of cognitive dissonance.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 am

Roger,

Did you know Rob Skiba denies the TRINITY??

He does not believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person.

Mr.Skiba states his position on the Trinity

@ logosapologia.org

The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
    The Lord bears up the piilars of the earth. Ultimately, all things are upheld by the word of His power (Hebrews 11:3).

Rob Skiba wrote:... Anyone trying to say the Bible even remotely supports any notion of a spinning, heliocentric, globular Earth, hurling through the vast emptiness of space is sorely deceived and/or suffering from an extremely severe case of cognitive dissonance.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:26 am

branham1965 wrote:

Roger,

Did you know Rob Skiba denies the TRINITY??

He does not believe that the Holy Spirit is a Person.

Mr.Skiba states his position on the Trinity

@ logosapologia.org

No. I didn't know that.

Almost no one that I know of believes like Dake on the issue of the Trinity, even among professed Trinitarians. And, most that claim to be Trinitarian are actually Modalists, in my opinion.

Here's a video of Skiba explaining that he does believe in the Trinity, but he doesn't understand it in the Roman Catholic sense:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3C_EpebMRA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3C_EpebMRA

To my surprise, I learned that E.W. Bullinger was a convinced Flat-Earther!

In my opinion, Skiba can have a different understanding of the Trinity from Dake or the RCC and still have insight into unrelated topics that others may not have based on Skiba's own research.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”