Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Ironman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:57 pm

The Earth is round;

The International space station in low orbit as viewed from the space shuttle Atlantis.

http://www.esa.int/var/esa/storage/imag ... mage_2.jpg

And here;

Atlantis Docked to the International Space Station with Robotic Arm Deployed
Credit: NASA
This view of the space shuttle Atlantis while still docked with the International Space Station was taken by a crew member aboard the station on the final day of joint activities between the crew members for the STS-135 and Expedition 28 missions. The robotic arm on the shuttle appears to be saluting "good-bye" to the station. Earth's airglow is seen as a thin blue line above Earth's horizon. The Raffaello multi-purpose logistics module, full of items to be returned to Earth, is seen in the aft cargo bay, July 19. 2011. Flight Day 12.
Link,

https://www.space.com/12341-shuttle-atl ... hotos.html

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:05 pm

luchnia wrote:For the flat mooners and earthers here is another question. Why doesn't the earth and moon appear like a coin on its side instead of a circle when we view it from a distance?

I don't know about you, but I've only ever viewed it from a distance.

That said, I suspect that because, according to the Bible, it is a light, the properties we perceive when viewing it are more like that of a rainbow than a physical object (as already discussed in a video earlier in the thread).

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:06 pm

Ironman wrote:The Earth is round;

The International space station in low orbit as viewed from the space shuttle Atlantis.

And here;

This view of the space shuttle Atlantis while still docked with the International Space Station was taken by a crew member aboard the station on the final day of joint activities between the crew members for the STS-135 and Expedition 28 missions. The robotic arm on the shuttle appears to be saluting "good-bye" to the station. Earth's airglow is seen as a thin blue line above Earth's horizon. The Raffaello multi-purpose logistics module, full of items to be returned to Earth, is seen in the aft cargo bay, July 19. 2011. Flight Day 12.
Link,

Artificial curvature induced by fish-eyed lens.

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Graybeard Mountain, is 34 miles behind Fryingpan Mountain. This view would be impossible if the earth were a sphere of the size that is claimed. Graybeard Mountain would be 770 feet below the horizon and out of sight behind Fryingpan Mountain if the earth were a globe.

Pinnacle and Bald Knob would be even more impossible to view in this line of sight.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:13 am

Haz how anyone in this day and age actually believes that flat earth idiocy and tripe is mind bending. It does reproach to the cause of Christ and gives the enemies of the LORD great occasion to blaspheme.
Ironman wrote:The Earth is round;

And here;

Link,

luchnia
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Postby luchnia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:50 am

Here is a simple test anyone can do. Take a high power flashlight and look at it from a distance. Does it look round? Nah, didn't think so - just a bright light and shaped depending on the lens diffusing it and the intensity of the light. Now try to describe the physical shape of the flashlight? Nah, thought so, can't do it.

Now point the flashlight upwards where all you can see is the light and see if the source appears round to you from a distance. Nah, thought so. Now take a bright light and shine toward the flashlight and see if it appears as a circle. Nah, thought so again. Now take a fish eye lens and look at the flashlight that is pointing upward with the light shining upward and see if it appears as a round circle. Nah again. Now take a ball and shine a light from a distance at the ball. How does it appear? Now look at it through a fish eye lens. Now take a flat circle and shine a light on it. Yep, thought so. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole can be quite the challenge.

Oh well, what will we banter about next :D Sometimes keeping it simple is the easiest way instead of explaining things in a thousand different ways.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:47 am

HEY DUDE

if you are espousing that flat earth stupidity

you like Roger are full of bull. +pieface

luchnia wrote:Here is a simple test anyone can do. Take a high power flashlight and look at it from a distance. Does it look round? Nah, didn't think so - just a bright light and shaped depending on the lens diffusing it and the intensity of the light. Now try to describe the physical shape of the flashlight? Nah, thought so, can't do it.

Now point the flashlight upwards where all you can see is the light and see if the source appears round to you from a distance. Nah, thought so. Now take a bright light and shine toward the flashlight and see if it appears as a circle. Nah, thought so again. Now take a fish eye lens and look at the flashlight that is pointing upward with the light shining upward and see if it appears as a round circle. Nah again. Now take a ball and shine a light from a distance at the ball. How does it appear? Now look at it through a fish eye lens. Now take a flat circle and shine a light on it. Yep, thought so. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole can be quite the challenge.

Oh well, what will we banter about next :D Sometimes keeping it simple is the easiest way instead of explaining things in a thousand different ways.

luchnia
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Postby luchnia » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:04 am

branham1965 wrote:HEY DUDE

luchnia wrote:Here is a simple test anyone can do. Take a high power flashlight and look at it from a distance. Does it look round? Nah, didn't think so - just a bright light and shaped depending on the lens diffusing it and the intensity of the light. Now try to describe the physical shape of the flashlight? Nah, thought so, can't do it.

Hey dude...I do not propose the earth is flat, nor any other planet for that matter. The whole entire point of that post is showing that if the earth were flat, we would be able to tell. It would not take rocket science - just some few simple test.

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:45 am

I apologize for that post.

I misread your post. I need the dunce cap . +hammer

I don't mean to be abrasive. I am sorry. +pieface +pieface +hammer to me.

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY DUDE

Hey dude...I do not propose the earth is flat, nor any other planet for that matter. The whole entire point of that post is showing that if the earth were flat, we would be able to tell. It would not take rocket science - just some few simple test.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”