Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:41 pm

luchnia wrote:Round and round we go (pun intended).

BTW, all you folks bantering about Pillars what about the seven pillars of wisdom? What do they support? :mrgreen:

Wisdom.

luchnia
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Postby luchnia » Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:08 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
luchnia wrote:Round and round we go (pun intended).

BTW, all you folks bantering about Pillars what about the seven pillars of wisdom? What do they support? :mrgreen:

Wisdom.

Ok, they support wisdom. What material is used in the makeup of these seven pillars?

Word up!

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:07 am

Good question.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:07 pm

If the earth if flat and covered in a dome and there are not countless stars, with planets, and galaxies under this dome, and when God finally restores the earth as He intended it to be and life continues here as God had intended it to go on, with people planting, reaping, having children, what happens when the population becomes so great the entire earth is covered with people? If there is no universe to move out into, what then"?

Psalm 8: 3, When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5, For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6, Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:06 pm

There are multiple possible answers to this question, Haz. Here's a theory...

It depends upon the version of eschatology that you accept.

Assuming Dake's eschatology (or those eschatologies similar to Dake's), there's no reason to believe that when the waters of the seas fully recede back into their places above the firmament and under the earth that there won't be enough land to last for untold aeons. Also, the population will be greatly reduced once Satan's rebellion after he is released from the Bottomless Pit is put to an end. And, once the heaven and the earth of today are melted and reformed into a new Heaven and Earth, there's no reason to preclude that their size and shape may be both larger and different. Also, the curse of multiplied conception is likely to be removed from the women and the birth rate will greatly decrease amongst the natural peoples who will inhabit the New Earth.

So, from a biblical Flat-Earth perspective, the problem that you see isn't really a problem at all.

There are other possible answers, but this one seems very plausible, to me.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:There are multiple possible answers to this question, Haz. Here's a theory...

It depends upon the version of eschatology that you accept.

Assuming Dake's eschatology (or those eschatologies similar to Dake's), there's no reason to believe that when the waters of the seas fully recede back into their places above the firmament and under the earth that there won't be enough land to last for untold aeons. Also, the population will be greatly reduced once Satan's rebellion after he is released from the Bottomless Pit is put to an end. And, once the heaven and the earth of today are melted and reformed into a new Heaven and Earth, there's no reason to preclude that their size and shape may be both larger and different. Also, the curse of multiplied conception is likely to be removed from the women and the birth rate will greatly decrease amongst the natural peoples who will inhabit the New Earth.

So, from a biblical Flat-Earth perspective, the problem that you see isn't really a problem at all.

There are other possible answers, but this one seems very plausible, to me.

Not to me it isn't. The Bible tells us what we will inherit. There is nothing in Scripture that even remotely teaches that the size and shape of the earth may be both larger and different?

Psalms 8:3-6, v. 3, When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

v. 4, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

v. 5, For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

v. 6, Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN PUT UNDER OUR FEET, WE WILL INHERIT ALL THINGS, WE WILL HAVE DOMINION OVER ALL THINGS, THESE THINGS, THE SUN, MOON AND STARS, WE WILL BE ABLE TO, IN OUR GLORIFIED BODIES AS JESUS HAS, TRAVEL BETWEEN THEM ALL, AND WE WILL POSESS THEM ALL.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:24 pm

Ironman wrote:There is nothing in Scripture that even remotely teaches that the size and shape of the earth may be both larger and different?

You seem almost, but not quite sure of that. :mrgreen:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:There is nothing in Scripture that even remotely teaches that the size and shape of the earth may be both larger and different?

You seem almost, but not quite sure of that. :mrgreen:

Show me in Scripture where it is written that the earth's size and shape will be changed?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Ironman wrote:Show me in Scripture where it is written that the earth's size and shape will be changed?

Great question, Haz.

If nothing else, this doesn't have to be proven because it is certainly within God's power and His wisdom to enact a solution that will satisfy your concerns. However, the following passage demands that Heaven and Earth be refashioned:

2 Peter 3:10-13 King James Version
      But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Also, some take this verse to be when God outlined where the firmament would meet the waters:

Proverbs 8:27 New King James Version
      When He prepared the heavens, I was there, when He drew a circle on the face of the deep...

In other words, there are waters on the outside of where the base of the firmament rests. There's untold space to expand the dome of the firmament into. All it would take would be enlarging the dome. And, as it is described as a tent and tents can be enlarged, there's not much problem to be addressed regarding enlarging the heavens and the earth. He has stretched out the heavens and spread out the earth before, so nothing stops Him from doing it, again.

Isaiah 42:5 King James Version
      Thus saith God the LORD, He that created the heavens, and stretched them out; He that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein...

So, since it's all going to be burnt up and melted, there's definitely a good opportunity for Him to make it as large as necessary. Nothing unreasonable about it, as far as I can tell.
+meme

luchnia
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Postby luchnia » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:03 pm

For the flat mooners and earthers here is another question. Why doesn't the earth and moon appear like a coin on its side instead of a circle when we view it from a distance?

Word up!

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”