Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:11 am

Ironman wrote:The Earth is no more flat than a Frisbee, "a plastic concave disk," is a ball. +pieface

Here... Let me fix that, for you...

The earth is no more a round ball than a Frisbee, a plastic, concave, disk is a ball. +pieface

luchnia
Keep Yourselves in the Love of God

Postby luchnia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:09 pm

Round and round we go (pun intended).

BTW, all you folks bantering about Pillars what about the seven pillars of wisdom? What do they support? :mrgreen:

Word up!

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:47 pm

You mean the bloke who never stepped a toe in the University?? No thanks old chum.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Ironman wrote:Isaiah 11:12, And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Rev. 7:1, And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Isaiah 40:22, It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Is it a square flat earth, or a round flat earth? Some of the flat earthers maps are round, some are square? :lol!:
HEY MATE THAT SKIBA BLOKE HAS THE FLAT EARTH ON SPRINGS LIKE SHOCKS ON A CAR OR MOTORCYCLE!!!

ITS FUNNY AIN'T IT MATE. :lol!: :lol!:

He explains why the springs/shocks are there on some of the pages of his websites.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:34 pm

branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:
Ironman wrote:Isaiah 11:12, And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Rev. 7:1, And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Isaiah 40:22, It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Is it a square flat earth, or a round flat earth? Some of the flat earthers maps are round, some are square? :lol!:
HEY MATE THAT SKIBA BLOKE HAS THE FLAT EARTH ON SPRINGS LIKE SHOCKS ON A CAR OR MOTORCYCLE!!!

He explains why the springs/shocks are there on some of the pages of his websites.

You mean the bloke who never stepped a toe in the University?? No thanks old chum.

How do you know he never did?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:35 pm

Roger,

You are a very smart guy.And you are not afraid to look into things.I respect you for this . :angel:

This thing about the flat earth in my opinion is not right.

I think it is 100%%%%%% wrong.

BUT on the same note if it were true then it would not affect my faith in any way.

If you believe this that is your right.

Peace.

branham1965 wrote:
branham1965 wrote:

How do you know he never did?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:49 pm

branham1965 wrote:You mean the bloke who never stepped a toe in the University?? No thanks old chum.

branham1965 wrote:

Pillars are usually there to hold up and support a structure. They are always secured on something solid like rock, not sand or thin air or vacuums. Now if the earth is supported by pillars and not by the POWER of God, what are the earths pillars fastened to? On what do they stand? The earth is a vast fabric, and in proportion to its mighty bulk must its pillars be.
The metaphor is plainly taken from architecture, as in stately, spacious, and magnificent structures we often see rows of pillars to sustain the roof and lofty towers.  But whether we apply this manner of expression to the natural or moral Earth, it is figurative and not literal.

DOCTRINE: The great God has made the governments and rulers of the Earth its pillars, and has set the world upon them.
            1.  The governments and rulers of the Earth are its pillars.
            2.  These pillars of the Earth are the Lord’s.
            3.  He has set the world upon them.

The pillars are the Lord’s, for He disposes of them as He pleases, places and fixes them where He will, rears them when He sees fit, and when He will, removes or takes them down--or if He has no pleasure in them, breaks them to pieces and throws them away.  “He removeth kings, and setteth up kings: For Promotion cometh neither from the East, nor from the West, nor from the South: But God is the Judge; He putteth down one and setteth up another: He leadeth counselors away spoiled and maketh the judges fools: He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loins with a girdle: He leadeth princes away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty” (Psalm 75:6, 7; Job 12:17-19). The natural world is in the hand of God and is upheld in its being and order by His power.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:46 am

That is impressive Haz. :angel:

I agree with you mate. :angel: :angel:

I appreciate your posts,

billy billabong

[/quote][/quote]

Pillars are usually there to hold up and support a structure. They are always secured on something solid like rock, not sand or thin air or vacuums. Now if the earth is supported by pillars and not by the POWER of God, what are the earths pillars fastened to? On what do they stand? The earth is a vast fabric, and in proportion to its mighty bulk must its pillars be.
The metaphor is plainly taken from architecture, as in stately, spacious, and magnificent structures we often see rows of pillars to sustain the roof and lofty towers.  But whether we apply this manner of expression to the natural or moral Earth, it is figurative and not literal.

DOCTRINE: The great God has made the governments and rulers of the Earth its pillars, and has set the world upon them.
            2.  These pillars of the Earth are the Lord’s.
            3.  He has set the world upon them.

The pillars are the Lord’s, for He disposes of them as He pleases, places and fixes them where He will, rears them when He sees fit, and when He will, removes or takes them down--or if He has no pleasure in them, breaks them to pieces and throws them away.  “He removeth kings, and setteth up kings: For Promotion cometh neither from the East, nor from the West, nor from the South: But God is the Judge; He putteth down one and setteth up another: He leadeth counselors away spoiled and maketh the judges fools: He looseth the bond of kings, and girdeth their loins with a girdle: He leadeth princes away spoiled, and overthroweth the mighty” (Psalm 75:6, 7; Job 12:17-19). The natural world is in the hand of God and is upheld in its being and order by His power.[/quote]
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:32 pm

Ironman wrote:Pillars are usually there to hold up and support a structure. They are always secured on something solid like rock, not sand or thin air or vacuums. Now if the earth is supported by pillars and not by the POWER of God, what are the earths pillars fastened to? On what do they stand? The earth is a vast fabric, and in proportion to its mighty bulk must its pillars be.

Perhaps, you've read that God laid the Foundation of the Earth?

The pillars rest upon the foundation.

This is in no way contrary to God supporting all things by His power.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:38 pm

branham1965 wrote:Roger,

You are a very smart guy.And you are not afraid to look into things.I respect you for this . :angel:

BUT on the same note if it were true then it would not affect my faith in any way.

Peace.

Thanks, Billy.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 pm

I found this in my NABRE CATHOLIC ST.JOSEPHS EDITION.

i don't know how to put it on here.

but they have a illustration like you are into.

but they say it was a prescientific concept of the universe as that held by the Hebrews pagan neighbors.

check it out if you are interested. peace.

branham1965 wrote:Roger,

Peace.

Thanks, Billy.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”