Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby branham1965 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:15 am

My son Michael is 28 .He and i are Cleveland Cavalier basketball fans.

The reigning NBA World Champions.

One of their top players Kyrie Irving has said this week he thinks our Earth is flat. It has stirred up a lot of controversy in the sports world here.

My son is asking me my take on this.

Any thoughts???

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:51 am

What does the Bible say?

macca
Dake VIP Member
Dake VIP Member

Postby macca » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:21 am

He must be a Muslim. They are the only people that believe that rubbish.

For ALL the promises of God in Him are YES, and in Him AMEN, unto the glory of God by us.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:27 pm

branham1965 wrote:My son Michael is 28 .He and i are Cleveland Cavalier basketball fans.

The reigning NBA World Champions.

One of their top players Kyrie Irving has said this week he thinks our Earth is flat. It has stirred up a lot of controversy in the sports world here.

My son is asking me my take on this.

Any thoughts???

Hi Billy, Scripture teaches the earth is round.

Isaiah 40:22, “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:”

King James Version (KJV)

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Ironman wrote:Hi Billy, Scripture teaches the earth is round.

Isaiah 40:22, “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:”

King James Version (KJV)

Hi, Haz,

Something to think about that I learned while researching what Flat-Earthers believe the Bible says about whether Earth is flat or round. They point out that Isaiah's use of the word "circle," here, actually doesn't prove that the earth is a globe. It could still be flat and circular.

Also, they point out that if Isaiah had wanted to say that the earth was a globe in this passage, there are better Hebrew words to express a globe concept than the word translated "circle," here. For instance, Isaiah uses a different Hebrew word that is translated as "ball" in the King James in Isaiah 22:18. So, if he were intending to convey the idea that the earth was a globe in 40:22, they say that he used the wrong Hebrew word.

So, Isaiah 40:22 isn't sufficient to prove that the Bible teaches that the earth is a globe. At least to a flat-earther or someone who believes that the Bible teaches that the earth is flat.

Is there a better passage from the Bible to prove that the earth is a globe? Or, is Isaiah 40:22 the best there is?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:30 pm

Is the Earth flat?

No.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Is the Earth round?

Yes,

Earth Hubble Earth - nasa hubble photograph

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:02 pm

Ironman wrote:Is the Earth round?

Yes,

Earth Hubble Earth - nasa hubble photograph

Flat-Earthers will point out that NASA photoshops these images together to form pictures of the earth as a globe. They aren't single shots of the earth, but pieces of art made from multiple photos. To flat-earthers, pictures like this prove nothing.

Is there scripture proving that the earth is a globe?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:07 pm

Ironman wrote:Is the Earth flat?

No.

Flat-earthers have an answer for this idea, too. They claim that there is a dome over the earth through which passage is impossible, much like a snow-globe. They call this dome "the firmament."

Amos 9:6 New American Standard Bible (1995 Update)
      The One who builds His upper chambers in the heavens And has founded His vaulted dome over the earth, He who calls for the waters of the sea and pours them out on the face of the earth, The LORD is His name.

Furthermore, they claim it is extremely cold the closer and closer one gets to this dome, making it very inhospitable to approach it. And, they claim that there is a ring of ice around the edges of the flat earth that is commonly called Antarctica.

Is there scripture proving that the earth is a globe?

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:30 pm

I never thought this would be discussed today.

It is amazing. +CrazyEyes

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”