Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Ironman » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:57 pm

If the earth is flat and the sun moves around above the flat earth and only shines on a particular part of the earth directly beneath it, like a torch shining down, why is there sunshine at midnight in Alaska from May 10 to August 2 ? If this were true, and the sun was hovering over and above Alaska, and the earth was flat there should be no light any where else on the earth during this time.

Sunshine at midnight.
Alaska receives more sunlight in spring and summer than any other state and many other parts of the world. Does your home area have midnight sun? In Barrow, the state’s northernmost community, the sun does not set for more than two and a half months—from May 10 until August 2. (The contrast is from November 18 to January 24, when the sun never rises above the horizon!)
The real boundary of the midnight sun is the Arctic Circle, latitude 66 degrees, 33 minutes north. That imaginary line marks the lowest latitude at which the sun remains above the horizon for a full 24 hours during summer solstice (June 20 or 21) and below the horizon for a full 24 hours during winter solstice (December 21 or 22).
At the equator, the sun rises straight up from the horizon and sets straight down to it. In Alaska, the sun travels in a slanting 360 degree circle in the sky, so even if it's below the horizon, it's barely below it for a long period. This means that even though the sun isn't visible, we still receive very bright twilight that can last for hours or until the sun rises again. For example, Fairbanks, which is below the Arctic Circle by almost 200 miles, still receives 24 hours of light for a long period in the summer. Conversely, in winter, the sun may only be above the horizon for a few hours, but there are many more hours of visible light due to the very low arc the sun travels across the horizon.

Above Photo by the University of Alaska Fairbanks. December 2, 2012
The opposite of the midnight sun happens during the winter solstice. In Fairbanks, during the darkest day of the year, the sun rises for about three hours just as in the summer it only sets for three hours.
The midnight sun is only found above the arctic circle, when the sun dips but never fully sets. The arctic circle is 66 degrees, 33 minutes and 44 seconds latitude.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:35 pm

Ironman wrote:If the earth is flat and the sun moves around above the flat earth and only shines on a particular part of the earth directly beneath it, like a torch shining down, why is there sunshine at midnight in Alaska from May 10 to August 2 ? If this were true, and the sun was hovering over and above Alaska, and the earth was flat there should be no light any where else on the earth during this time.

Torches can be aimed.

That said, if the earth is flat and the sun moves around above the flat earth, it is clear that it shines where it shines. There are timelapse video models in this thread that provide a visual answer to your question concerning how this works.

Remember, day and night were made before the sun. The sun just happens to rule over the day, but it does not cause it to be day any more than the sun's absence causes it to be night.

THE KEYS OF HELL AND OF DEATH
      And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."
        — Revelation 1:17-18 King James Version —

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:49 pm

:angel: :angel: :angel:

Ironman wrote:If the earth is flat and the sun moves around above the flat earth and only shines on a particular part of the earth directly beneath it, like a torch shining down, why is there sunshine at midnight in Alaska from May 10 to August 2 ? If this were true, and the sun was hovering over and above Alaska, and the earth was flat there should be no light any where else on the earth during this time.

Sunshine at midnight.
Alaska receives more sunlight in spring and summer than any other state and many other parts of the world. Does your home area have midnight sun? In Barrow, the state’s northernmost community, the sun does not set for more than two and a half months—from May 10 until August 2. (The contrast is from November 18 to January 24, when the sun never rises above the horizon!)
The real boundary of the midnight sun is the Arctic Circle, latitude 66 degrees, 33 minutes north. That imaginary line marks the lowest latitude at which the sun remains above the horizon for a full 24 hours during summer solstice (June 20 or 21) and below the horizon for a full 24 hours during winter solstice (December 21 or 22).
At the equator, the sun rises straight up from the horizon and sets straight down to it. In Alaska, the sun travels in a slanting 360 degree circle in the sky, so even if it's below the horizon, it's barely below it for a long period. This means that even though the sun isn't visible, we still receive very bright twilight that can last for hours or until the sun rises again. For example, Fairbanks, which is below the Arctic Circle by almost 200 miles, still receives 24 hours of light for a long period in the summer. Conversely, in winter, the sun may only be above the horizon for a few hours, but there are many more hours of visible light due to the very low arc the sun travels across the horizon.

Above Photo by the University of Alaska Fairbanks. December 2, 2012
The opposite of the midnight sun happens during the winter solstice. In Fairbanks, during the darkest day of the year, the sun rises for about three hours just as in the summer it only sets for three hours.
The midnight sun is only found above the arctic circle, when the sun dips but never fully sets. The arctic circle is 66 degrees, 33 minutes and 44 seconds latitude.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 pm

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, "Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of Hell and of Death."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:25 pm

Are the sun and moon also flat, and if so are they flat Vertically or Horizontally ?

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:40 pm

Ironman wrote:Are the sun and moon also flat, and if so are they flat Vertically or Horizontally ?

According to the best modern scientists in the field, the whole universe is flat.

But, regardless of what they say, what does the Bible say?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:06 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:Are the sun and moon also flat, and if so are they flat Vertically or Horizontally ?

According to the best modern scientists in the field, the whole universe is flat.

But, regardless of what they say, what does the Bible say?

I have yet to find Scriptures that teach the sun, moon and the entire universe is flat?

luchnia
Earnestly Contend for the Faith Once Delivered unto the Saints!

Postby luchnia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Flat or round, I never made it to the edge of it either way :D

Word up!

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:02 pm

"The best modern scientists" know that the flat earth idea and its adherents are crackpots,nitwits,dumbbells and neophytes.

It is so ridiculous.These kooks want to reverse years of scientific discovery and go back to the dark ages!!!

"The best men of science" know the earth is round.

NASA laughs at such idiocy.Neil Degrasse Tyson knows that the Universe is infinite and is what it is.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 pm

branham1965 wrote:"The best modern scientists" know that the flat earth idea and its adherents are crackpots,nitwits,dumbbells and neophytes.

It is so ridiculous.These kooks want to reverse years of scientific discovery and go back to the dark ages!!!

"The best men of science" know the earth is round.

NASA laughs at such idiocy.Neil Degrasse Tyson knows that the Universe is infinite and is what it is.

They contradict themselves, Billy. Or, at least, seem to.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”