Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Ironman » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:01 pm

I'm thinking the round earth is stationary with the sun, moon, and stars rotating around about it.

Sixty-Seven Scriptural References Which Tell Us That It Is The Sun And Not The Earth That Moves.

Genesis 15:12...... "...and when the sun was going down..."

15:17..... "...when the sun went down..."

19:23..... "The sun was risen upon the earth."

28:11..... "...because the sun was set...."

32:31..... "...the sun rose...."

Exodus 17:12..... "...until the going down of the sun...."

22:3...... "...if the sun be risen upon him...."

22:26.... "...the sun goeth down...."

Leviticus 22:7...... "...And when the sun is down...."

Numbers 2:3........ "...toward the rising of the sun...."

Deuteronomy 11:30..... "...the way where the sun goeth down...."

16:6....... "...at the going down of the sun...."

23:11..... "...when the sun is down...."

24:13..... "...when the sun goeth down...."

24:15..... "...neither shall the sun go down...."

Joshua 1:4..... "...the going down of the sun...."

8:29... "...as soon as the sun was down...."

10:12.. "...Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon...."

10:13.. "...and the sun stood still...."

10:27.. "...the time of the going down of the sun...."

12:1.... "...toward the rising of the sun...."

Judges 5:31.... "...as the sun when he goeth down...."

8:13.... "...before the sun was up...."

9:33.... "...as soon as the sun is up...."

14:18.... "...before the sun went down...."

19:14.... "...and the sun went down...."

II Samuel 2:24.... "...the sun went down...."

3:35.... "...till the sun be down...."

23:4..... "...when the sun riseth...."

I Kings 22:36.... "...the going down of the sun...."

I Chronicles 16:30.... "...the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved...."

II Chronicles 18:34.... "...time of the sun going down...."

Job 9:7.... "...commandeth the sun and it riseth not...."

Job 26:7.... "...He hangeth the earth upon nothing...."

Psalm 19:4.... "...tabernacle for the sun...."

19:5 ... "...cometh out to run...."

19:6.... "...goes forth in a circle from one end of heaven to the other...."

50:1.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

93:1.... "...the world also is stablished that it cannot be moved...."

104:19.. "...the sun knoweth his going down...."

104:22.. "...the sun ariseth...."

113:3.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

Ecclesiastes 1:5.... "...The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down

and hasteth to the place where he arose...."

Isaiah 13:10.... "...sun shall be darkened in his going...."

38:8...... "...is gone down on the sundial of Ahaz...."

38:8...... "...so the sun returned...."

41:25.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

45:6...... "...from the rising of the sun...."

59:19.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

60:20.... "...the sun shall no more go down...."

Jeremiah 15:9.... "...her sun is gone down while it was yet day...."

Daniel 6:14.... "...going down of the sun...."

Amos 8:9.... "...cause the sun to go down at noon...."

Jonah 4:8.... "...when the sun did arise...."

Micah 3:6.... "...and the sun shall go down...."

Nahum 3:17.... "...when the sun ariseth...."

Habakkuk 3:11.... "...the sun and moon stood still in their habitation...."

Malachi 1:11.... "...from the rising of the sun...."

Matthew 5:45.... "...for He maketh His sun to rise...."

13:6..... "...and when the sun was up...."

Mark 1:32.... "...when the sun did set...."

4:6...... "...when the sun was up...."

16:2...... "...at the rising of the sun...."

Luke 4:40.... "...when the sun was setting...."

Ephesians 4:26.... "...let not the sun go down upon your wrath...."

James 1:11.... "...for the sun is no sooner risen...."

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:32 pm

Here is positive proof the Earth ain't flat!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 am

:mrgreen:

What about the dome?

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:34 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote::mrgreen:

What about the dome?

The Dog ate it!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:29 pm

bibleman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote::mrgreen:

What about the dome?

The Dog ate it!

:mrgreen:
Since the dog ate it, we can assume the cat died before ever having a chance to push everything off the edge, since the waters which would have been above the dome would have destroyed all life on the earth when the dome lost structural integrity.

However, assuming the cat survived and there was something left to push off the edge, how do we know that it would fall? Where would the center of mass be toward which it would fall (assuming gravity is true)?

(I'm told that Tesla and Einstein disagreed about whether or not gravity exists and that Einstein thought Tesla (a gravity denier) was smarter than Einstein.)

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:37 pm

"(I'm told that Tesla and Einstein disagreed about whether or not gravity exists and that Einstein thought Tesla (a gravity denier) was smarter than Einstein.)"

Proof gravity exists:

Ride the elevator to the roof of a 50 storie building and jump off. You wont float off in the breeze.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Ironman wrote:
"(I'm told that Tesla and Einstein disagreed about whether or not gravity exists and that Einstein thought Tesla (a gravity denier) was smarter than Einstein.)"

Proof gravity exists:

Ride the elevator to the roof of a 50 storie building and jump off. You wont float off in the breeze.

That's not proof that gravity exists.

It's only proof that objects fall. It doesn't prove what makes them fall. Other explanations as to why objects fall have been offered besides gravity. Density and buoyancy is one such alternative. For example, helium filled balloons float, which is proof that gravity doesn't exist! :mrgreen:

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Ironman wrote:

Proof gravity exists:

Don't miss the point, though...

If gravity is true, objects would not fall off the side of the earth even if a cat pushed them off. The objects would stick to the side like Globe-Earthers claim water will stick to the sides of a ball spinning at about 1,000 miles per hour.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Proof gravity exists:

It's only proof that objects fall. It doesn't prove what makes them fall. Other explanations as to why objects fall have been offered besides gravity. Density and buoyancy is one such alternative. For example, helium filled balloons float, which is proof that gravity doesn't exist! :mrgreen:

Drop an empty balloon and it will fall. Fill it with helium and it will float on air, rising until it reaches a height where it stays, like a ship floating upon water, displacing an equivalent: amount of air until it bursts for any reason and then it falls.

Drop a feather and a brick from the same building. One will crash to the earth, the feather will gently float down. They are both drawn to the earth by gravity.

A two thousand ton ship floats upon the ocean displacing the same weight in water. Drill a hole in the ships bottom, and as it fills with water it slowly sinks deeper into the ocean until it fills with water. What happens then? It is drawn to the bottom of the ocean by gravity.

Throw a ball into the air and see what happens. Does it continue on forever? NO, it eventually is overcome by the forces of gravity and is drawn back down to the earth.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:58 pm

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Proof gravity exists:

Drop an empty balloon and it will fall. Fill it with helium and it will float on air, rising until it reaches a height where it stays, like a ship floating upon water, displacing an equivalent: amount of air until it bursts for any reason and then it falls.

Drop a feather and a brick from the same building. One will crash to the earth, the feather will gently float down. They are both drawn to the earth by gravity.

A two thousand ton ship floats upon the ocean displacing the same weight in water. Drill a hole in the ships bottom, and as it fills with water it slowly sinks deeper into the ocean until it fills with water. What happens then? It is drawn to the bottom of the ocean by gravity.

Throw a ball into the air and see what happens. Does it continue on forever? NO, it eventually is overcome by the forces of gravity and is drawn back down to the earth.

All of that can be explained through simple density and buoyancy. No need for the magical force of gravity.

A much better proof of gravity would be causing a cannon ball to spin while being swung from a rope while not spilling a glass of water that was sitting on the side of the cannon ball. That would prove gravity.

But, again, if gravity is true, nothing would ever fall off of the side of the flat earth. Gravity would prevent it from doing so.

It is illogical to believe in gravity and believe that it would be possible for anything to fall off of the side of the flat earth. It's also illogical to believe in gravity and geocentrism, if the sun is a massive as scientists say, because geo-centrism would violate the "law" of gravity.

However, the modern, scientific, globe-Earth, Big-Bang, evolutionary perspective depends upon gravity being true. Without gravity, it all falls apart.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”