Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:13 pm

Ironman wrote:"I just see no scriptural evidence for a spherical Earth."

I see nothing in the Bible which says the Earth is flat. The word "flat," is mentioned four times in Scripture and each time it has nothing to do with the Earth?

Flat is an over simplification.

Luke 16:9 King James Version
      "And I say unto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;
        that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations."

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Ironman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:03 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:"I just see no scriptural evidence for a spherical Earth."

I see nothing in the Bible which says the Earth is flat. The word "flat," is mentioned four times in Scripture and each time it has nothing to do with the Earth?

Flat is an over simplification.

That's an over simplified response. Excuses, excuses, excuses :lol!:

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:07 pm

There are many much more complex responses in the thread. Enough for anyone that really wants to investigate the shape of the earth to learn quite a bit... If they approach it with an open mind.

Here's a page that has a lot of good info on what the Bible says about the Still Flat Earth...
http://testingtheglobe.com/bible.html

"And I say unto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:38 pm

So, the earth that hangs on nothing is also the earth that rests on "pillars? :lol!: :lol!:

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Ironman wrote:So, the earth that hangs on nothing is also the earth that rests on "pillars? :lol!: :lol!:

Yep. The earth isn't hanging on anything, but it is resting on pillars.

Job 26:7 King James Version
      He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

1 Samuel 2:8 King James Version
      He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Ironman wrote:So, the earth that hangs on nothing is also the earth that rests on "pillars? :lol!: :lol!:

Yep. The earth isn't hanging on anything, but it is resting on pillars.

He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD'S, and he hath set the world upon them.

So what are the pillars resting on??

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:30 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Yep. The earth isn't hanging on anything, but it is resting on pillars.

Ironman wrote:So what are the pillars resting on??

Psalm 75:3 King James Version
        The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
    The Lord bears up the piilars of the earth. Ultimately, all things are upheld by the word of His power (Hebrews 11:3).

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:13 pm

The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.
    The Lord bears up the piilars of the earth. Ultimately, all things are upheld by the word of His power (Hebrews 11:3).
[/quote]

The Lord, sitting on His throne at the Fathers right hand has more to do than get under your flat earth and hold up pillars.

Hebrews 11: 3, Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

This Scripture teaches that the ages were planned by the Word of God and the things that are now seen were not made of existing material. Has nothing to do with the Lord holding up anything?

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:00 pm

Ironman wrote:The Lord, sitting on His throne at the Fathers right hand has more to do than get under your flat earth and hold up pillars.

Hebrews 11: 3, Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

This Scripture teaches that the ages were planned by the Word of God and the things that are now seen were not made of existing material. Has nothing to do with the Lord holding up anything?

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Or, does it?

Are you telling me that the Lord is incapable of holding up the pillars of the Flat Still Earth because He is so busy He couldn't be bothered with holding up the pillars, even though the Bible says that He bears up the pillars of the earth?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Ironman wrote:The Lord, sitting on His throne at the Fathers right hand has more to do than get under your flat earth and hold up pillars.

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Or, does it?

Are you telling me that the Lord is incapable of holding up the pillars of the Flat Still Earth because He is so busy He couldn't be bothered with holding up the pillars, even though the Bible says that He bears up the pillars of the earth?

Psalm 75: 3, The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it. Selah.

All creations are upheld by God "THROUGH" Christ (Hebrews 1:3) All creations including the sun, moon, stars, and all earths inhabitants. God through Christ is not under the flat earth physically holding up pillars.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”