Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby Ironman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:03 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:The Earth is a planet, Heaven is a planet, the universe is full of planets, we are comparing planets with other planets.

Pool tables, rooms and pool balls are three entirely different things.

Does the Bible ever actually say that Earth and Heaven are planets?

The Earth is a planet for sure as Scripture clearly shows, if its not a planet what do you think it is?

Heaven is also a planet The same as the Earth only a better country;

Hebrews 11:16, But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.Many Scriptures teach that Heaven is inhabited. (1 Kings 22:19; 2 Chron. 18:18; Matt.18:10; 22:30; 24:36; Rev. 12:12; 13:6).

Armies and hosts of Heaven are mentioned an number of times as seen in these passages and in Dan. 4:35; Luke 2:13; Rev. 19:14.

These inhabitants are listed in part as common angels, archangels, seraphim, cherubim and other spirit beings. Heavenly bodies are mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:48-49.

Rejoicing in Heaven is referred to by the inhabitants in Heaven (Ps. 96:11; 148:1, 4; Isa.44:23; Rev. 12:12). 8. Paul speaks of "the invisible things" in Heaven as being like the visible things on Earth; that is the things in Heaven are just like the things on Earth. (Rom. 1:20).

The word "things" is used in many passages in referring to realities in Heaven. (Phil. 2:10; Col 1:16-20; Heb. 8:12; 9:23). We know from Scripture that in Heaven there are Cities (Rev.21), mansions (John 14:1-3), trees, rivers (Rev.22:1-3), fountains of water (Rev. 7:17), food (Ex.16:4; Ps.78:25: 105:40; John 6:31-51: Luke 22:16, 18, 30; Rev. 2:7, 17: 19:1-10; 22:1-3).

Animals are mentioned as being in Heaven in these following Scriptures; (2 Kings 2:11-12; 6:13-17; Zech. 1:8-11: 6:1-8; Rev. 19:11-14, 21: Rom. 1:20).

All these things are mentioned as being in Heaven, furniture, tongs (Isa.6:6), fire and coals (Isa. 6:6; Rev.8:5) censer and incense (Rev. 8:4-6), smoke (Rev. 8:4; 15:8), musical instruments (Rev. 5:8; 14:1-5; 15:2-4), clothes (Dan. 7:9; Rev. 1:13; 6:9-11), stones (Rev. 2:17), books (Rev. 3:5; 5:1-7; 10:1-11; 20:11-15),

Also mentioned in Scripture are things that are here on Earth such as, vials or bowls, crowns, thunderings, lightnings, clouds, lamps, a sea of glass, singing, worship, palm trees, temples, silence, so there must also be noise at other times, trumpets, hail, mountains, keys and chains, measuring sticks, olive trees, the ark of the testament, doors, posts, girdles, pearls, diamonds and other precious stones, walls, gates, gold in abundance, streets, fruits, banquets, and many other innumerable things.

If the invisible things in the heavenlies are clearly seen by the things on Earth, as Paul taught in Rom. 1:20, then we have a right to believe that there are in Heaven the same kind of things that we have on Earth. We have no right to make an exception of any good thing that God created and intended for man to have before the fall.

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:The Earth is a planet, Heaven is a planet...

The Earth is a planet for sure as Scripture clearly shows, if its not a planet what do you think it is?

Scripture does not clearly show that either Earth or Heaven is a planet. Not one verse of Scripture makes any such claims.

Luke 16:9 King James Version
      "And I say unto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;
        that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:35 pm

Ironman wrote:
Ironman wrote:The Earth is a planet, Heaven is a planet...

Scripture does not clearly show that either Earth or Heaven is a planet. Not one verse of Scripture makes any such claims.

"SO" what do you think they are, figments of our imagination?
^^^^^?????????????????????????^^^^^^^?????????????????????????????????????^

If you read and check every Scripture mentioned here and then using your own God given common sense, looking around about yourself, looking into the universe with or without a telescope again, using your own God given common sense, you should come to the conclusion that the Earth is round, the sun is round, the moon is round, and Heaven, which has all the trappings found on the Earth, visible and invisible, is also a planet. The reason we do not see Heaven is because of distance, just as I cannot see America, England, China from here, but I believe they are there.

If you don't believe this then there's nothing anyone can do for you except say, "Believe what ever you like" no skin of our noses.

Heaven is also a planet The same as the Earth only a better country;

Hebrews 11:16, But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.Many Scriptures teach that Heaven is inhabited. (1 Kings 22:19; 2 Chron. 18:18; Matt.18:10; 22:30; 24:36; Rev. 12:12; 13:6).

Armies and hosts of Heaven are mentioned an number of times as seen in these passages and in Dan. 4:35; Luke 2:13; Rev. 19:14.

These inhabitants are listed in part as common angels, archangels, seraphim, cherubim and other spirit beings. Heavenly bodies are mentioned in 1 Cor. 15:48-49.

Rejoicing in Heaven is referred to by the inhabitants in Heaven (Ps. 96:11; 148:1, 4; Isa.44:23; Rev. 12:12). 8. Paul speaks of "the invisible things" in Heaven as being like the visible things on Earth; that is the things in Heaven are just like the things on Earth. (Rom. 1:20).

The word "things" is used in many passages in referring to realities in Heaven. (Phil. 2:10; Col 1:16-20; Heb. 8:12; 9:23). We know from Scripture that in Heaven there are Cities (Rev.21), mansions (John 14:1-3), trees, rivers (Rev.22:1-3), fountains of water (Rev. 7:17), food (Ex.16:4; Ps.78:25: 105:40; John 6:31-51: Luke 22:16, 18, 30; Rev. 2:7, 17: 19:1-10; 22:1-3).

Animals are mentioned as being in Heaven in these following Scriptures; (2 Kings 2:11-12; 6:13-17; Zech. 1:8-11: 6:1-8; Rev. 19:11-14, 21: Rom. 1:20).

All these things are mentioned as being in Heaven, furniture, tongs (Isa.6:6), fire and coals (Isa. 6:6; Rev.8:5) censer and incense (Rev. 8:4-6), smoke (Rev. 8:4; 15:8), musical instruments (Rev. 5:8; 14:1-5; 15:2-4), clothes (Dan. 7:9; Rev. 1:13; 6:9-11), stones (Rev. 2:17), books (Rev. 3:5; 5:1-7; 10:1-11; 20:11-15),

Also mentioned in Scripture are things that are here on Earth such as, vials or bowls, crowns, thunderings, lightnings, clouds, lamps, a sea of glass, singing, worship, palm trees, temples, silence, so there must also be noise at other times, trumpets, hail, mountains, keys and chains, measuring sticks, olive trees, the ark of the testament, doors, posts, girdles, pearls, diamonds and other precious stones, walls, gates, gold in abundance, streets, fruits, banquets, and many other innumerable things.

If the invisible things in the heavenlies are clearly seen by the things on Earth, as Paul taught in Rom. 1:20, then we have a right to believe that there are in Heaven the same kind of things that we have on Earth. We have no right to make an exception of any good thing that God created and intended for man to have before the fall.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:46 am

None of that shows that Earth or Heaven is a planet.

Think about it this way... If all that proves that Earth and Heaven are planets, then it proves that Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus aren't planets because (according to science) they all lack those features.

"And I say unto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:53 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:None of that shows that Earth or Heaven is a planet.

Think about it this way... If all that proves that Earth and Heaven are planets, then it proves that Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus aren't planets because (according to science) they all lack those features.

Who's to say they were not "beautiful planets" before Lucifer rebelled? When God turned off the lights it all went black.

God restored this little planet to a habitable state for man, lets see what happens when He brings in the "New Heavens," and the new Earth.

When the Earth fills up with people during God's eternal Kingdom, what do you believe will happen? I'm sure we will eventually populate the entire universe.

Psalms 8:3-6, v. 3, When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
5, For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
6, Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:43 am

You haven't proven that the Bible says the earth is a planet, yet.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:01 pm

I don't have to prove anything. Nearly every one on Earth knows the earth is the third planet from the sun except you. :lol!:

If its not a planet according to you, what is it>

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:04 pm

Earth is the dry land, as the Bible says...

Genesis 1:10 King James Version
      And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Earth is the dry land, as the Bible says...

And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

How much of your dry land earth is actually dry land? The oceans cover 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contain 97 percent of the Earth's water.

The Earth is actually a "PLANET" which is called Earth. Its not dry land where I live, its surrounded by sea and when it rains it often time floods the place out. How dry is the earth in south east Texas at the moment?

How much of your dry land earth is actually dry land? The oceans cover 71 percent of the Earth's surface and contain 97 percent of the Earth's water.

The word Earth is actually mentioned 987 times in the Bible while the word dry land dry land is only mentioned 52 times.

Ill go with the global planet earth thank you.

branham1965

Postby branham1965 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:17 pm

I put it on here as a bit of a joke 2/23/2017 when NBA basketball player Kyrie Irving came out saying that.then another NBA player said he drove cross country and the earth was flat.

I'm with you Haz all the way. :angel: :angel:

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Earth is the dry land, as the Bible says...

The Earth is actually a "PLANET" which is called Earth. Its not dry land where I live, its surrounded by sea and when it rains it often time floods the place out. How dry is the earth in south east Texas at the moment?

The word Earth is actually mentioned 987 times in the Bible while the word dry land dry land is only mentioned 52 times.

Ill go with the global planet earth thank you.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”