Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:53 pm

luchnia wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HEY DUDE

if you are espousing that flat earth stupidity

you like Roger are full of bull. +pieface

luchnia wrote:Here is a simple test anyone can do. Take a high power flashlight and look at it from a distance. Does it look round? Nah, didn't think so - just a bright light and shaped depending on the lens diffusing it and the intensity of the light. Now try to describe the physical shape of the flashlight? Nah, thought so, can't do it.

Now point the flashlight upwards where all you can see is the light and see if the source appears round to you from a distance. Nah, thought so. Now take a bright light and shine toward the flashlight and see if it appears as a circle. Nah, thought so again. Now take a fish eye lens and look at the flashlight that is pointing upward with the light shining upward and see if it appears as a round circle. Nah again. Now take a ball and shine a light from a distance at the ball. How does it appear? Now look at it through a fish eye lens. Now take a flat circle and shine a light on it. Yep, thought so. Trying to fit a square peg in a round hole can be quite the challenge.

Oh well, what will we banter about next :D Sometimes keeping it simple is the easiest way instead of explaining things in a thousand different ways.
Hey dude...I do not propose the earth is flat, nor any other planet for that matter. The whole entire point of that post is showing that if the earth were flat, we would be able to tell. It would not take rocket science - just some few simple test.
Like this one and many, many others...
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Image

Graybeard Mountain, is 34 miles behind Fryingpan Mountain. This view would be impossible if the earth were a sphere of the size that is claimed. Graybeard Mountain would be 770 feet below the horizon and out of sight behind Fryingpan Mountain if the earth were a globe.

Pinnacle and Bald Knob would be even more impossible to view in this line of sight.
Not to mention simply trusting the Bible.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
— Luke 12:4-5 King James Version —
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Positive proof the Earth if FLAT!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:51 am

+funnyhurt
The only thing Flat-Earthers have to fear is sphere, itself.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE
"And I say unto you My friends, be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear Him, which after He hath killed hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you, fear Him."

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:51 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:+funnyhurt
The only thing Flat-Earthers have to fear is sphere, itself.
Now that one was funny!

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Ironman

Post by Ironman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:23 pm

This is one of the first photos of Earth and the moon from over 3 million miles away taken as the Osiris-Rex spacecraft moves away from us. Another glimpse into God's fantastic universe.

January 9, 2018.

Sometimes you need to step back to see the big picture, and if your subjects are 249,000 miles apart, you need to step waaay back. Luckily, the spacecraft OSIRIS-REx is moving rapidly away from us and was recently just in the right position, around 3.1 million miles away, so it trained its MapCam instrument towards its former home and captured this poignant portrait of the Earth and the Moon.
NASA/Goddard and the University of Arizona also released an image (below) showing the MapCam's field of view when it snapped the shot. OSIRIS-REx had recently received a big gravity boost from Earth, sending it on its way to the asteroid Bennu, where it will arrive later this year. On October 2nd, it was in the perfect position -- about 13 times the separation between the Earth and Moon -- to capture both our home planet and its orbiting pal.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/portrait ... 00016.html

A better link;

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/ ... p?id=91494

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” —Neil Armstrong

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:26 pm

Thanks Haz. :angel: :smilecolros:

Ironman wrote:This is one of the first photos of Earth and the moon from over 3 million miles away taken as the Osiris-Rex spacecraft moves away from us. Another glimpse into God's fantastic universe.

January 9, 2018.

Sometimes you need to step back to see the big picture, and if your subjects are 249,000 miles apart, you need to step waaay back. Luckily, the spacecraft OSIRIS-REx is moving rapidly away from us and was recently just in the right position, around 3.1 million miles away, so it trained its MapCam instrument towards its former home and captured this poignant portrait of the Earth and the Moon.
NASA/Goddard and the University of Arizona also released an image (below) showing the MapCam's field of view when it snapped the shot. OSIRIS-REx had recently received a big gravity boost from Earth, sending it on its way to the asteroid Bennu, where it will arrive later this year. On October 2nd, it was in the perfect position -- about 13 times the separation between the Earth and Moon -- to capture both our home planet and its orbiting pal.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/portrait ... 00016.html

A better link;

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/ ... p?id=91494

“It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn’t feel like a giant. I felt very, very small.” —Neil Armstrong

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:54 pm

+idol

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE

scottae316
Make the Most High Thy Habitation

Post by scottae316 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:39 pm

Umm..... The year is 2018 not 1018. I certainly understand exercises in logic but really? Has any aircraft ever flown off the “flat earth”? Has a ship or boat sailed off the edge? Have either type of craft reported seeing such an edge where things would fall off? I didn’t read every post on this thread so I probably missed answers to these (?) But, let’s remember a couple things; first, the Bible does not address every subject. It’s purpose is to reveal God and the history, need and means of salvation. It is not a scientific textbook. It contains information on other subjects but this is limited. For example, it tells us God spoke creation into existence. It does not explain it in detail like how God decided what to make matter like, why God created gravity, energy, and everything else. God endowed humans with intelligence and a desire to know. Some things we will never know or understand until the new heaven and earth come. We have seen photos that show the earth is curved from more than one source. I don’t trust governments but there is a limit to the lack of trust.

The earth is round like the other planets we’ve observed. If you want to be a “flat earthier”, go for it. I’ll stick to what I know.

Have a Blessed and Happy Day.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:08 pm

:angel: :angel:

scottae316 wrote:Umm..... The year is 2018 not 1018. I certainly understand exercises in logic but really? Has any aircraft ever flown off the “flat earth”? Has a ship or boat sailed off the edge? Have either type of craft reported seeing such an edge where things would fall off? I didn’t read every post on this thread so I probably missed answers to these (?) But, let’s remember a couple things; first, the Bible does not address every subject. It’s purpose is to reveal God and the history, need and means of salvation. It is not a scientific textbook. It contains information on other subjects but this is limited. For example, it tells us God spoke creation into existence. It does not explain it in detail like how God decided what to make matter like, why God created gravity, energy, and everything else. God endowed humans with intelligence and a desire to know. Some things we will never know or understand until the new heaven and earth come. We have seen photos that show the earth is curved from more than one source. I don’t trust governments but there is a limit to the lack of trust.

The earth is round like the other planets we’ve observed. If you want to be a “flat earthier”, go for it. I’ll stick to what I know.

Spiritblade Disciple

Post by Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:23 pm

scottae316 wrote:Umm..... The year is 2018 not 1018. I certainly understand exercises in logic but really? Has any aircraft ever flown off the “flat earth”? Has a ship or boat sailed off the edge? Have either type of craft reported seeing such an edge where things would fall off? I didn’t read every post on this thread so I probably missed answers to these (?) But, let’s remember a couple things; first, the Bible does not address every subject. It’s purpose is to reveal God and the history, need and means of salvation. It is not a scientific textbook. It contains information on other subjects but this is limited. For example, it tells us God spoke creation into existence. It does not explain it in detail like how God decided what to make matter like, why God created gravity, energy, and everything else. God endowed humans with intelligence and a desire to know. Some things we will never know or understand until the new heaven and earth come. We have seen photos that show the earth is curved from more than one source. I don’t trust governments but there is a limit to the lack of trust.

Thanks for the reply, Scott.

Yes, all this has been addressed, earlier in the thread.

It would be impossible for a boat to sail off the edge or a plane to fly off the edge of the Flat Earth (at least in the biblically based Flat-Earth cosmology that I was examining in this thread). There are reasons why, given earlier in the thread.

Thanks, again.

SPIRITBLADE DISCIPLE