Dake Bible Discussion BoardIS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: IS THE EARTH FLAT???? KYRIE SAYS SO!!!

Postby branham1965 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:39 pm

I am not trying to be offensive.

And i must not be a hypocrite.I too have struggled with these tough issues.

I looked up that term Modalist and it was interesting.

And you are right many? in Christendom do not believe in the Trinity as Reverend Dake

taught it.

I know some modern day "followers" of Bishop Arius and Bishop Sabellius.

I think they are good people and devout Christians. +groundhog

Peace. :morning:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Postby branham1965 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:10 pm

In no way did i mean to intimate that Reverend Dake was wrong.

He always gave profuse Scripture for his views.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:35 pm

Heaven is a planet Just like the Earth only its called a better country, as Scripture clearly teaches. . Many Scriptures teach that Heaven is inhabited. (1 Kings 22:19; 2 Chron. 18:18; Matt.18:10; 22:30; 24:36; Rev. 12:12; 13:6).

If the invisible things in the heavenlies are clearly seen by the things on Earth, as Paul taught in Rom. 1:20, then we have a right to believe that there are in Heaven the same kind of things that we have on Earth.

So, is Heaven flat and resting on pillars?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:49 pm

Ironman wrote:So, is Heaven flat and resting on pillars?

Yes. Have you not read of the Pillars of Heaven?

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:
Ironman wrote:So, is Heaven flat and resting on pillars?

Yes. Have you not read of the Pillars of Heaven?

Yes Ihave. Job 26:11, The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his reproof.

These pillars must be living beings not stone pillars. Since when can solid stone pillars be astonished at something or be reproofed"

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:28 pm

I don't think that verse said anything about them not being able to be astonished. Nor did it say that the Pillars of Heaven were made of stone.

Yet, even stones may cry out if the conditions are right (Luke 19:40). And, it is also clear that stones witness events, even hearing words (Joshua 24:27). So, even if they are made of stone, that doesn't mean that they were not astonished.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Pillars, what ever they are made of are made to hold things up. I have many under my home. Talking to them would not cause them to tremble, or by astonished at my reproof. The only ones who would be astonished by me talking to my pillars would be my family or neighbours if they caught me doing this.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Obviously, there's a difference between your pillars and God's pillars and between you and God. :mrgreen:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:50 pm

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Obviously, there's a difference between your pillars and God's pillars and between you and God. :mrgreen:

I'm sure there is a great difference between me and God. I know the pillars holding up my home cannot react to me or anything else.

So you believe the pillars of heaven can react and be astonished and be admonished? Why would God admonish His pillars? Are they failing in their duties, like maybe letting the side down? :lol!:

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:52 pm

Ironman wrote:
Spiritblade Disciple wrote:Obviously, there's a difference between your pillars and God's pillars and between you and God. :mrgreen:

I'm sure there is a great difference between me and God. I know the pillars holding up my home cannot react to me or anything else.

So you believe the pillars of heaven can react and be rebuked and be admonished? Why would God rebuke His pillars? Are they failing in their duties, like maybe letting the side down? :lol!:

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”