Dake Bible Discussion BoardRenner: Lot was a Real Sodomite

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Spiritblade Disciple
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Renner: Lot was a Real Sodomite

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:21 pm

Someone shared this with me. The video should start a few minutes in, where Rick Renner begins talking about Sodom and then he moves on into discussing Lot.

https://youtu.be/rJ7RJydLpDU?t=896
https://youtu.be/rJ7RJydLpDU?t=896

I tuned in to Eagle Mountain Church, the other night via Facebook. Kenneth Copeland's home church, if I understand correctly. Renner was the speaker. Didn't listen too long, but I do know I've seen him speaking at Eagle Mountain more than once.

Apparently, if I'm understanding Renner correctly, it's possible for a saved person to be a practicing Sodomite and stay saved.

I've heard that Eagle Mountain is one of the most "gay-friendly churches" in the USA. If this teaching has been embraced there (and I don't know whether or not it has), then it be strong evidence that what I've heard is true.

What are your thoughts? Do you agree with Renner? Or, is Renner teaching damnable heresy? Or, have I misunderstood Renner?

Thank you.

Ironman
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Renner: Lot was a Real Sodomite

Postby Ironman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Lot was married and had two daughters. Lot was a wealthy man when he entered the city of Sodom, yet a poor man when he left. What he did with his wealth is not stated in Scripture that I know of?

Have I become your enemy, because I tell you the truth.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:52 pm

Renner continued the teaching the following week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_EQsmrjpI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD_EQsmrjpI

Renner said, "Can a Christian become a reprobate? Absolutely."

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:16 pm

Bible says there are many saved people who lost their eternal life and had their names removed from God's book of life. Judas, a classic example, king Saul, another.

I'll be a fool for truth's sake. Truth is fallen in the street. I wont pass it by. I'll pick it up and embrace it regardless of the costs.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:32 pm

Ironman wrote:Lot was married and had two daughters. Lot was a wealthy man when he entered the city of Sodom, yet a poor man when he left. What he did with his wealth is not stated in Scripture that I know of?

I don't think it is stated in scripture, either.

I think Renner made some logical leaps that aren't easy to support, scripturaly.

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Ironman wrote:Bible says there are many saved people who lost their eternal life and had their names removed from God's book of life. Judas, a classic example, king Saul, another.

Where does the Bible state that anyone's name is ever written into the Book of Life?

I don't know Renner's stance on it, but I do know that some OSAS Arminians believe that everyone's name was originally written in the Book of Life and can only be removed should the conditions for keeping one's name in the Book fail to be met. They believe that once a person's name is removed, it is imposible to add it back in.

Ironman

Postby Ironman » Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:19 pm

Judas was a saved man a familiar friend of Jesus. Judas by transgression fell, his name was removed from the book of life, Matthias took his place. Matthias will rule one of the tribes of Israel. Judas had the Holy Spirit and power like the other apostles and was a successful preacher and healer like them (Matt.10:1-20; mark 6:7-13)
He had his name written in Heaven, as proved by Acts 1:20 with Ps. 69:25-29. he fell from his apostleship by Transgression (Acts 1:25)
Judas was to have his habitation desolate and be blotted out of the book of the living (Ps. 69:25-28 with Acts 1:20), and he was to have another take his place in the Christian ministry and in the kingship over one of the tribes of Israel (Ps. 109:8) These passages were fulfilled in Judas according to Matt. 26:24; John 13:18; Acts 1:16-25.

(Psalms 69: 28, Let them be blotted out of the book of the living, and not be written with the righteous.)

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:10 pm

So do you agree with Renner that Lot was a Sodomite bother by address and deed (that he not only lived in Sodom, but practiced sodomy)? And, that Lot was saved while being such a Sodomite?

bibleman
Administrator

Postby bibleman » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:31 am

Spiritblade Disciple wrote:So do you agree with Renner that Lot was a Sodomite bother by address and deed (that he not only lived in Sodom, but practiced sodomy)? And, that Lot was saved while being such a Sodomite?

First off I believe that Lot's rescue by the angels was mainly because he was Abraham's nephew! I think God did it more for Abraham (who was his friend) than for Lot.

Second, Of course Lot was not a sodomite. Renner is rattling off on his once saved always saved (popular message of the day) mind.

JUST off the top of my head here....

NOTICE when the sodomites threatned Lot he did not say: OK let's go (as any sodomite would say)!

ALSO not the sodomites where upset with LOT in that they thought he wanted to be a judge unto them (thus showing a difference in LOT and in THEM)

Genesis 19:9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door. (KJV)

Renner is just into the latest fad of the day as with (Jimmy Swaggart and his message of the cross) (Creflo Dollar and his grace message) and (Joseph Prince and his radical grace message)

These guys area all deceived as is stated int he Bible: Jude 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ. (KJV)

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Spiritblade Disciple

Postby Spiritblade Disciple » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:40 am

Thank you, Leon.

Well said.

Return to “Dake Bible Discussion Board”