Dake Bible Discussion BoardJESUS REFUGE OF MY SOUL

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

JESUS REFUGE OF MY SOUL

Post by branham1965 »

JESUS refuge of my soul

Let me to thy bosom fly.

While the raging billows roll

While the tempest still is high.

Hide me O my SAVIOUR hide

Till the storms of life be past

Safe into the haven guide

Oh receive me home at last.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Re: JESUS REFUGE OF MY SOUL

Post by macca »

Yes Billy, heaven is our home. We long to be there with Jesus.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

macca
this hymn isn't just talking about Heaven.It talks about life right here on the Earth.

This first verse of the old hymn is a fact of life for any Christian.

The tempest IS high and the billows ARE rolling like never before.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

If we die, or are raptured before the Tribulation, we will be in Heaven for a while, then we will return to the Earth with the Lord and help Him clean up the place and then rule with Him as Kings and Priests, right here on the Earth.

The Bible teaches a first and second coming of God the Father to the Earth? In Dan. 7:18-22 we have the fact that the Ancient of Days is coming with Christ to destroy the Antichrist, or am I mistaken?

The Ancient of Days and the Son of man are two different persons, as proven in Dan. 7:9-14. If the Ancient of Days is not the Son of man, then He must be the Father. If He is the Father, then the Father is coming to the Earth when Christ comes.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Reverend Dake shocked a few people when he taught that the earth abideth forever.That God made it to be inhabited.

That saints would be on this earth and natural generations of people will be born in the Millennium.

These were new ideas to much of Christendom.

They had also been taught in the USA in the middle 19th century
in Allegheny - Pittsburgh ,Pennsylvania .

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:Reverend Dake shocked a few people when he taught that the earth abideth forever.That God made it to be inhabited.

That saints would be on this earth and natural generations of people will be born in the Millennium.

These were new ideas to much of Christendom.

They had also been taught in the USA in the middle 19th century
in Allegheny - Pittsburgh ,Pennsylvania .
They obviously never read their bibles and believed what they read. :angel:

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?