Dake Bible Discussion BoardRapture during Feast of trumpets

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
josh6780

Rapture during Feast of trumpets

Post by josh6780 »

What is with all this rapture and feast of trumpets? Is there any actual scripture to support this?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Re: Rapture during Feast of trumpets

Post by titus213 »

You can see one attempt to support this idea here: https://goo.gl/rsaqSl
I completely disagree.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Matthew 24:36, But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

:angel:
Ironman wrote:Matthew 24:36, But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
The Feast of Trumpets cannot be a time indicator for the rapture because:

#1 the rapture can come at any time, according to Paul's teaching in his letters

#2 the Feasts were celebrations given to Israel, not the Church. The rapture deals with the Church, not Israel. God's renewed focus on "Israel according to the flesh" (1 Cor 10:18) comes after the Church has been raptured.

#3 the typology of the Feast of Trumpets will be fulfilled in conjunction with the Second Coming when the nation of Israel is gathered in at her conversion (Matt. 24:31), prior to the judgment described in Matthew 25. Traditional Judaism has always taught that Judgment Day would be announced by blasts of the shofar.