Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHAT ARE BEST BIBLE STUDY METHODS???

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

WHAT ARE BEST BIBLE STUDY METHODS???

Post by branham1965 »

i was taught in my teens to use the Dake Bible as a reference .and to read my own Bible and take notes etc.

later in another Church was taught to get a good concordance, a Bible dictionary,and an English dictionary.

if one studies the notes of any Study Bible one will learn the interpretations of its authors however
godly and blessed.

i welcome any responses.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: WHAT ARE BEST BIBLE STUDY METHODS???

Post by Ironman »

No one ever advised me on how to best study the Bible. Most of my life I received lies, lies and more lies, and lived by faith alone until I met Macca who put me on to Finis Jennings Dake and his Bible and his book God's Plan for man.

Heb. 11:6,But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

josh6780

Post by josh6780 »

I was never interested in the bible until I opened a Dake's. I smoked some weed and started reading. From the first chapter of Genesis I got into rabbit trails that lasted for WEEKS. For the first time in my life I was understanding things.

Then eventually I started realizing that I should not be getting high.

As I have grown I now just use Dake, Rick Renner, Keith Moore, Kenneth Hagin. I really don't study with anyone else.

I am trying to use Dakes a lit less now and learn to use Holy Spirit to show me things without distraction of any commentary.

Rick Renner is supposed to be coming out with a bible but I think it got put on hold. Renner has shown me things Dake, Kenneth or Keith never have. If nobody has is sparkling gem books or no room for compromise books I highly recommend. Learning the greek way of the NT changes everything. Dake showed me first Renner takes it to a whole knew level.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

josh i admire you for your honesty.

the Dake Bible saved me from the Watchtower.

i have never read GPFM through.only in segments.

Haz i honor you and macca for being loyal to the Reverend.

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

josh6780 wrote:I was never interested in the bible until I opened a Dake's. I smoked some weed and started reading. From the first chapter of Genesis I got into rabbit trails that lasted for WEEKS. For the first time in my life I was understanding things.

Then eventually I started realizing that I should not be getting high.

As I have grown I now just use Dake, Rick Renner, Keith Moore, Kenneth Hagin. I really don't study with anyone else.

I am trying to use Dakes a lit less now and learn to use Holy Spirit to show me things without distraction of any commentary.

Rick Renner is supposed to be coming out with a bible but I think it got put on hold. Renner has shown me things Dake, Kenneth or Keith never have. If nobody has is sparkling gem books or no room for compromise books I highly recommend. Learning the greek way of the NT changes everything. Dake showed me first Renner takes it to a whole knew level.
I don't really have a study philosophy per se. Reading the bible through many times is an interesting concept

As far as Renner, I have read numerous Rick Renner's books in the past, but then again I have read around several hundred biblical authors in my Christian walk of over 40 years. I have pretty much seen every angle and bias written from men.

One can grow weary over much study. If one truly wants God's word in the heart, then speak it out of the mouth and receive it into the ear and paint the image and character of God within you by living His Word of right doing.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i have never read after Rick Renner.

DAD HAGIN TO ME IS ONE OF THE GREATEST AND BEST PENTECOSTAL PREACHER THERE IS.

AND BROTHER LESTER SUMRALL IS HIS EQUAL HIMSELF SAID HE WOULD CONSULT DAD HAGIN IF HE HAD A QUESTION ON A VISION OR SO ON.
LESTER SUMRALL DELIVERED CLARITA VILLENUEVA IN MANILA WHO WAS BIT BY DEVILS.

THIS BOARD IS A PENTECOSTAL BOARD.

NOT A PHONY BAPTIST BOARD OR ANY OTHER THING.

REVEREND DAKE ALSO HAD POWER WITH GOD.

ANYTHING ELSE IS A FRAUD.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:i have never read after Rick Renner.
ANYTHING ELSE IS A FRAUD.
Renner has a few interesting reads. One is about the armor of God - I think it is Dressed to Kill and one about Dream Thiefs. They have some valid points, yet as with any author, glean out the gold nuggets and throw the chaff in file 13.

As far as anything else being a fraud, I would be cautious there. There are many who do their very best to walk righteously and teach righteousness. Many do fall short, yet I would not throw them all into the fraud bucket.

Look at their fruit and judge accordingly. If it is a good tree it will bring forth good fruit. Aren't we all ignorant, just about different things? :mrgreen:

We must discern the intent of the heart by the fruit bore against God's word. Deception is a subtle beast and can ensnare even the sharpest of mind, however ignorance on the other hand could be as simple and having limited knowledge of the truth.

Quite many years ago I reasoned with an atheist for about two years and at times it was in depth and intense. That was a time I was buried so deeply in God's word that I could not see anything else. When I spoke it was mostly God's word. People did not like me much, yet I cared not what people liked about me. Since I have learned greater tact.

I have reasoned with Christians as well and looking back at that two year period with the atheist I see that he knew God's word better than any Christian I have met in my entire 40+ years of walking in God's word. He was an amazing individual and had an answer for any part of God's word that I could pull up or anyone else for that matter.

The fact that he knew God's word better than saints saddened me greatly and truly makes me wonder how men will stand against future deception.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks luchnia.

I thank you for this post.

I would respectfully differ on a few points.

The secret of the LORD is with them that fear Him.Ps 24
Natural men cannot get the things of God.1 Cor 2.

Some can really expound but are dead spiritually and are under the control of the Adversary Ephesians 2.

People can tread into deadly waters with individuals and may end up losing their own lives.i mean its VERY dangerous debating various demonized cultists,open rebels and God hating atheists and other spiritual deadbeats unless one is led by the Lord.....

and under submission to a godly Pastor and Elders.

im curious did this atheist ever convert to Jesus Christ?????

sometimes the lives we save may very well be our own.

luchnia

Post by luchnia »

branham1965 wrote:Thanks luchnia.

I thank you for this post.

I would respectfully differ on a few points.

The secret of the LORD is with them that fear Him.Ps 24
Natural men cannot get the things of God.1 Cor 2.

Some can really expound but are dead spiritually and are under the control of the Adversary Ephesians 2.

People can tread into deadly waters with individuals and may end up losing their own lives.i mean its VERY dangerous debating various demonized cultists,open rebels and God hating atheists and other spiritual deadbeats unless one is led by the Lord.....

and under submission to a godly Pastor and Elders.

im curious did this atheist ever convert to Jesus Christ?????

sometimes the lives we save may very well be our own.
To the best of my knowledge he never changed, but I simply do not know as contact was lost many years ago. Looking back on that two year period certainly taught me much. I learned we do not win battles with our intellect of the bible and also that the battle is not ours from the sense that we have to win from our knowledge.

Word up!

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

i appreciate your openness and honestly. :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

i was crushed to learn a old friend of mine had renounced Christ.

i looked up to him as a lad .and he is turned to Satan. :agrue: