Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHO IS THE BRIDE OF CHRIST????

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

WHO IS THE BRIDE OF CHRIST????

Post by branham1965 »

all my life i was taught the Bride of Christ was the CHURCH.

is this true or was i wrong about this???????????????????????

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Re: WHO IS THE BRIDE OF CHRIST????

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:all my life i was taught the Bride of Christ was the CHURCH.

Billy, my understanding is the church is the body of Christ waiting for the bride, the Holy City, New Jerusalem.

Rev 21:2, And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

In Dakes notes on this chapter Rev. 21:2, "C" The city will be adorned with jewels like a bride for her husband. (V. 19).).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Thank you mate. :angel:

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:all my life i was taught the Bride of Christ was the CHURCH.

Billy, my understanding is the church is the body of Christ waiting for the bride, the Holy City, New Jerusalem.

Rev 21:2, And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

In Dakes notes on this chapter Rev. 21:2, "C" The city will be adorned with jewels like a bride for her husband. (V. 19).).

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

back about 1986 our Pastor was preaching on the bride of Christ and he started to quote verses of the bible, he made the mistake
of reading out Rev.21; where God shows John the bride, the Lamb's wife. which is the Holy city Jerusalem descending out of heaven,,,,
He stopped, and said there are two brides? ha, caught himself out with the bible correcting him....AOG teaching is false on the bride.

frenchie
Wrestle Against Principalities

Post by frenchie »

Hi!

What the Bride of Christ is:

It is unscriptural to speak of any one company of redeemed as being the exclusive bride of Christ. If the city, the new Jerusalem, is the bride, then all who go to live in the Holy City make up the bride and not just a part of them.
All redeemed will live in the city:

The Old testament saints were promised the New Jerusalem ( Heb. 11:10-16 )

The early church was promised the city ( Jn.14:1-3 , Heb.13:14 )

Every christian is promised the city ( Rev. 3:12 , Jn. 14:1-3 , Heb. 12:23 )

The 144,000 jews will be there ( Rev. 7:1-8 , 14: 1-5 )

The tribulation saints will go there Rev.6:9-11 é 7: 9-17 , 15:2-4 , 20:4-6 )

Students for centuries have called the church the bride of Christ but this is unscriptural. The church will become a part of the bride when its members begin to live in the New Jerusalem but it will not be the exclusive bride of Christ. All the redeemed of all other ages will also be a part of the bride.

This is a partial rendering of Dr. Dake's notes on a search about the bride of Christ

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thank you Frencie. :angel:

frenchie wrote:Hi!

It is unscriptural to speak of any one company of redeemed as being the exclusive bride of Christ. If the city, the new Jerusalem, is the bride, then all who go to live in the Holy City make up the bride and not just a part of them.

Students for centuries have called the church the bride of Christ but this is unscriptural. The church will become a part of the bride when its members begin to live in the New Jerusalem but it will not be the exclusive bride of Christ. All the redeemed of all other ages will also be a part of the bride.

This is a partial rendering of Dr. Dake's notes on a search about the bride of Christ

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:thank you Frencie. :angel:

frenchie wrote:Hi!

The Reverend Dake got it right, straight from the Word of God.

If your not a member of this church, your in the wrong one, according to Scripture, its that simple. Paul never taught Jesus + some church brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus + certain sacraments brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus plus legalism brings salvation, Paul never taught Jesus + purgatory brings salvation, Paul never taught circumcision brings salvation, Paul taught only Jesus + nothing else brings salvation.
We cannot do anything, or add anything to all Jesus, the Father and the Holy Spirit did to save mankind.
All we need do is believe in Him and in Him who sent Him.
Galatians 1: 6, I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7, Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8, But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9, As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10, For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11, But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12, For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christs church is not a building or a particular religious group with some special name? The new Testament Church, of which Jesus Christ is the head is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive in Christ today. This present church is called the "ekklesia" of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.
The church, in its largest signification is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3:1-11; Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universial family of God. The church in this sense is the body of Christ, and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. It is not a group of individuals associated together for social and benevolent purposes, as seems to be on every hand in most worldly church gatherings. It is the body of people indwelt by God through the Holy Spirit and through whom God works in the world.
The church is a supernatural body of believers filled with the presence and power of God as individuals conform to the gospel of Christ. The church is like a family in its social life, yet is unlike a family in its formation. Each local church is a part of the universal church in the broad sense. However there are many in local churches that do not belong to the body of Christ, and therefore they are not a true part of the universal church of the New Testament.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?