Dake Bible Discussion BoardOFFENDING OTHER BELIEVERS.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

OFFENDING OTHER BELIEVERS.

Post by Ironman »

I'm on another forum posting how God hates idol worship. Bowing down before statues, worshiping Mary, calling her mediator between her and God, saying repetitive prayers like the rosary, and other such traditions taken from pagan worship. My posts were deleted and the mod pm'd me saying I was offending believers who thought they were in fact obeying and worshiping God? Nothing I could say convinced him that what I was doing was revealing the truth to these people he was refering to as believers, that what they were doing was wrong and they would be judged one day according to God's commands.

Exodus20: 3, Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4, Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
5, Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

The people who end up in Hell on judgment day will have no one but themselves to blame, in fact they will themselves admit this. "I have no one else to blame but myself for disobeying God, worshiping Baal, idols and praying like the pagans do!"

I told the mod who deleted my posts that Jesus offended many in His day and the fact that the Bible itself is a book of offence to many in the world. I said, I will not stand before God on judgment day saying;

"I'm sorry God, I did not want to tell these people they were not worshiping you but in fact they were disobeying you, because I did not wish to offend them or hurt their precious feelings in any way?"

If I can possibly offend any one out of Hell I will do it every time, mark my words.

Jesus was called a Rock of offence!

Romans 9:33, As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
1 Peter 2:8, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: OFFENDING OTHER BELIEVERS.

Post by branham1965 »

DAD HAGIN AND ALL THE GREAT LEADERS OF PENTECOST (WHO STAYED ON THE ROAD) BTW NEVER BAD MOUTHED MAINLINE CHURCHES IN MY HEARING.

now perhaps the Good Lord has called you to this kind of Ministry Haz.you are very good at it.have a great mind and have seen alot of things.and are a genuine Australian Christian :mrgreen: so no when you post things i never tire from reading them whether i agree with them or not.:angel: :angel:

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I'm debating Catholics on another forum, regarding the cross, and praying to the dead. They kneel before it, pray to it and do such thing, pray to the dead asking them to intercede for them and who say we should be paying homage to the cross. They are saying that its because of the cross of Jesus that we are saved. I'm trying to make them understand that the cross of Jesus did nothing to save mankind. They say He suffered on the cross. I don't disagree with that and I add that He also suffered at the pillar when they half killed Him with the scourge, when they hammered a crown of thorns on His head, when they tore out His beard, when the nails went through His hands and feet. They say I am in error and know nothing about God, scripture or how to worship God. I ask them, show me one Scripture where it says I must worship the cross of Jesus, or pray to the dead?

I try and convince them that it was Jesus shed blood, His death and His resurrection that gave mankind the opportunity to be saved, as long as they repent and believe, not the cross. The cross was nothing more than a tool the Romans used to hang murders upon till they died in public. If they want to pray before a cross, they may as well also worship and pray to the cat-o-nine tail's, a spear which was used to pierce Jesus side, a crown of thorns, how about nails which pierced His flesh?

I tell them they should be praying to the Father in Jesus Name, this Jesus who is alive and sitting at the Fathers right hand, not dead, and hanging on a cross? I remind them they should not be praying to the dead, and they "DENY EMPHATICLY" that the church does not do this?

Catholics say; "'O'NO, WE DONT WORSHIP OR PRAY TO THE DEAD? WORSHIPING THE DEAD."

Really? Here is a skull displayed in a glass tabernacle situated in the highest place in the cathedral for all to see from every vantage point.

Cardinal takes the skull down from the tabernacle and parades it through the cathedral before placing it upon the alter and then?

They say, he's not praying to the skull or worshiping it? I wonder, maybe he is filling in time, picking his nose?

I see can Satan smiling to himself through the skull, saying to himself, its me they are worshiping here Lord, not you!

Pope praying to the dead.

There are dead corpses displayed throughout the Vatican for all to see and pay homage to.

There are the dead on display for all to see, under their very altars where they hold mass!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

Maybe you could have them look at one of their own Catholic sites which tries to convert Protestants, which explains why they certainly DO pray TO the dead (and also FOR the dead) -- supposedly because Jesus did.

http://goo.gl/u980Ld

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

titus213 wrote:Maybe you could have them look at one of their own Catholic sites which tries to convert Protestants, which explains why they certainly DO pray TO the dead (and also FOR the dead) -- supposedly because Jesus did.

I'll have a look at that site, thanks. I'm thinking I should let it go because although I give many, many Scriptures showing what God wants, what He expects, they just say I'm twisting Scripture to suit my idea on what God wants and allows? Its a hard slog.

titus213

Post by titus213 »

Ironman wrote:
titus213 wrote:Maybe you could have them look at one of their own Catholic sites which tries to convert Protestants, which explains why they certainly DO pray TO the dead (and also FOR the dead) -- supposedly because Jesus did.

I'll have a look at that site, thanks. I'm thinking I should let it go because although I give many, many Scriptures showing what God wants, what He expects, they just say I'm twisting Scripture to suit my idea on what God wants and allows? Its a hard slog.
Yes, most of my years as a pastor have been in heavy Roman Catholic areas. It is hard. I thought that maybe if they saw one of their own explaining that they do pray to the dead it might startle them a little.

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

titus213 wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Yes, most of my years as a pastor have been in heavy Roman Catholic areas. It is hard. I thought that maybe if they saw one of their own explaining that they do pray to the dead it might startle them a little.
Thank you, I read it, can I pass that link on to them with a headline so to speak?

titus213

Post by titus213 »

Ironman wrote:
titus213 wrote:
Ironman wrote:

Thank you, I read it, can I pass that link on to them with a headline so to speak?
Of course. Anything I put up here is fine to use as you (or anyone else) wish.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

IT ...INCENSES ME THAT WITHOUT THE CATHOLIC AND ORTHODOX CHURCHES

THERE WOULD BE NO CHRISTIANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE HALLEY'S BIBLE HANDBOOK.

IT IS UTTER IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY TO SAY OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:IT ...INCENSES ME THAT WITHOUT THE CATHOLIC AND ORTHODOX CHURCHES

THERE WOULD BE NO CHRISTIANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE HALLEY'S BIBLE HANDBOOK.

IT IS UTTER IGNORANCE AND BIGOTRY TO SAY OTHERWISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not true billy, sorry to have to disagree with you mate, forget HALLEY'S BIBLE HANDBOOK, deal only with GODS BIBLE HANDBOOK! Nimrod the first great apostate started what is now the Catholic church, no doubt about it.
The New Testament Church is a called out body of people of all nations who have been born again and who have lived a true Christian life and died in the faith. It also includes all those who are alive today. This present church is the ekklesia of the New Testament times, called out of this world to evangelize the world in this age.

The church in its largest signification, is the whole company of redeemed in all ages, in Heaven and in Earth (Eph. 3: 1-11, Heb. 12:23). It is the spiritual people who have been made members of the universal family of God. It is the body of Christ and it does not consist of saved and unsaved. And no man, no Pope, no human being, not even an angel of God is its head or commander in chief.

Jesus Christ is the Head of His Church and He sits at His Fathers right hand. No one else alive on Earth now is head of Christs church. Popes are evil idol worshiping MARY worshiping followers of the devil and propagators of his religion which goes against everything God and Christ are. He is the enemy of true followers of Christ.

Here's all we need do to be saved mate!

And when we begin to believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and in Him who sent Him we automatic'ly see who and what we are and we are sorry, we repent, we get out of the sin business, we repent because of all we have done to have caused Jesus to suffer like He did in our place!

Love you in Jesus, mate!