Dake Bible Discussion BoardTHE POPE ON ASH WEDNESDAY

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: THE POPE ON ASH WEDNESDAY

Post by branham1965 »

Thanks Haz.

You are a real mate.And you know a great deal. :scatter:

titus213
Do Good to Them that Hate You

Post by titus213 »

For what it's worth, Dake rules out both Catholicism and Islam as the "great whore" of Revelation 17.

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

HELLO REVEREND .I KNOW HE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT.REVEREND DAKE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT.

THAT INFORMATION ABOUT CATHOLICISM CAME FROM A BOOK BY ALEXANDER HISLOP THE TWO BABYLONS.ONCE SOLD BY THE WATCHTOWER.NOW BY CHICK PUBLICATIONS.

MY POINT I RESPECT FOLKS POSITIONS ON HERE.AND I'LL STICK MY CHEST OUT AND BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE.IF THAT RUINS FRIENDSHIPS....I WILL REGRET IT VERY MUCH.IT IS NOT WORTH THAT TO ME.

SOME OF IT IS JUST HUMAN SPECULATION ANYWAY. +groundhog
titus213 wrote:For what it's worth, Dake rules out both Catholicism and Islam as the "great whore" of Revelation 17.
Last edited by branham1965 on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

DAD HAGIN MINISTERED IN CATHOLIC CHURCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THE LORD SHOWED HIM IN A VISION TO DO IT.MIGHTY SIGNS AND WONDERS WERE DONE THERE.
THE GREAT CHARISMATIC REVIVAL BROKE OUT IN NOTRE DAME, INDIANA AFTER THE HEALING REVIVAL AND LATTER RAIN OUTPOURINGS.

MILLIONS OF CATHOLICS WERE RENEWED AND FILLED WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND SPOKE IN TONGUES.

AND OTHER DENOMINATIONS WERE TOUCHED BY THE SPIRIT.DAVID DUPLESSIS SAID WIGGLESWORTH SAW THIS.

IVE POSTED THIS ON HERE MORE TIMES THAN TRUMP HAS SWORE LIKE A STABLE BOY THIS CAMPAIGN.

IT IS IGNORED AND REJECTED BECAUSE OF CLANNISHNESS AND BIGOTRY.... +pieface

branham1965 wrote:

DOES HE????? GOD IM SAYING.

i know certain books INTERPRET it that way.and that is all it is.human interpretations of the "dark sayings" of the Bible as Solomon said.The Bible is not a book like reading a novel.it is a Holy Book from God.many things in there are hard to understand as Peter said.Mysteries are in the Book Paul said.

Dad Hagin never never ever in his life had that Catholic hating Pope hating attitude some of you fellas have on here.
He ministered in Catholic Churches with great results.

that is my opinion.no offence meant Haz.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:HELLO REVEREND .I KNOW HE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT.REVEREND DAKE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT.

THAT INFORMATION ABOUT CATHOLICISM CAME FROM A BOOK BY ALEXANDER HISLOP THE TWO BABYLONS.ONCE SOLD BY THE WATCHTOWER.NOW BY CHICK PUBLICATIONS.

MY POINT I RESPECT FOLKS POSITIONS ON HERE.AND I'LL STICK MY CHEST OUT AND BELIEVE WHAT I BELIEVE.IF THAT RUINS FRIENDSHIPS....I WILL REGRET IT VERY MUCH.IT IS NOT WORTH THAT TO ME.

MUCH OF IT IS HUMAN SPECULATION ANYWAY. +groundhog
titus213 wrote:For what it's worth, Dake rules out both Catholicism and Islam as the "great whore" of Revelation 17.
Speak your mind billy, nothing wrong with that and it wont break up friendships.

Page 817 onwards, Dakes GPFM Book where he starts off with this shows me he was not a fan of the RCC?
"The historic relation of Babylon to the city of Rome and the Roman Church and why Romanism is called Babylon in mystery is, that the cities of Rome and Babylon were related and this was well known in earlier days. It is simple to trace the archives of history the relation of Babylon to Rome and to the Roman Church.
The ancient city of Babylon was built by Nimrod the mighty hunter (Gen. 10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his queen Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "Mystery" because of its system of mysteries. Beside confessing to the priests at admission, one was compelled to drink of "Mysterious Beverages," which, says Salvert (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indispensable on the part of those who sought initiation into these mysteries. The "Mysterious Beverages" were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and until the aspirants had come under the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear.

The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This had been the policy of the Roman Church and the secret power of the priests over thelives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrains, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontiff of High Priest who's word was final in all things in the lives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived.
The ostensible objects of worship were the Supreme Father, the Incarnate Female, or Queen of Heaven, and her son. The last two were really the only objects of worship as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affairs. (Nimrod, Page 239). Thi system is believed to have come from fallen angle's and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogman.

In the days of Nimrod this cult secured a deep hold on the whole human race for it was of one language and all were one people. Nimrod gained the title "mighty hunter" because of his success in building cities with walls to free men from the ravages of wild beasts which were multiplying against men. He was called "the Apostate" because he sought to free men from the idea of God and His wrath. As a great deliverer and protector of the people and as the head of the godless civilization at that time he would naturally have great influence upon the people. He led them astray to such an extent that they glorified in the fact that they were free from the faith of their fathers.

All tradition from the earliest times bears witness of this great apostasy, which finally reached such proportions that the people defied God to send another flood to destroy them and they built a tower to escape it. The result was that God confused their language and scattered them throughout the Earth. This Babylonian system was the one the Devil had planned to counteract the truth of God. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth and we have record that Abraham was chosen of God from all these idolatrous nations to represent the true God. Through him God planned to bring man back to Himself. This explains how the different nations of the world have traditions and religions somewhat similar, with changes suitable to the individual nation.

After the nations were scattered abroad, Babylon continued to be the "seat of Satan" until it was taken by Xerxes in 487 B.C. The Babylonian priesthood was then forced to leave Babylon, so it moved to Pergamos, which was the headquarters fro some time. When Attalus, the Pontiff and King of Pergamos, died in 133 B.C. he bequeathed the head ship of the Babylonian priesthood to Rome. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (the region of Pergamos) they brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a Pontiff who was the head of the priesthood and he had the power of life and death over them. Later, the Romans accepted this Pontiff as their civil ruler. Julius Caesar was made the Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order, thereby becoming heir to the rights and titles of Attalus, who had Rome his heir by will.

Thus, the first Roman emperor became the head of the Babylonian priesthood and Rome became the successor of Babylon with Pergamos as the seat of this cult. Henceforth, Rome's religion has been that of Babylon. In the year 218 A. D. the Roman army in Syria, having rebelled against Macrinus, elected Elagabalus emperor. This man was High Priest of the Egyptian branch of Babylonianism, He was shortly afterward chosen Supreme Pontiff by the Romans, and thus the two western branches of the Babylonian apostasy centered in the Roman Emperors who continued to hold this office until 376 A. D. At that time however, the Emperor Gratian, for Christian reasons refused it, because he saw that by nature Babylonianism was idolatrous. Thus, religious mateers became disorganised until it became necessary to elect someone to fill the office.

Damasus, Bishop of the Christian Church at Rome, was then elected to the office of Supreme pontiff. He had been bishop for twelve years, having been made such in 366 A.D. through the influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with Rome. So in 378 A.D.., the Babylonian system of the religion became part of Christendom, for the bishop of Rome, who later became the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. All the teachings of pagan Babylon and Rome were gradually interspersed into the Christian religious organization. Soon after Damasus was made Supreme Pontiff, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the Roman Church became Babylonish, and under him the heather temples were restored and beautified and the rituals established. Thus the corrupt religious system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, si called by God "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT."

The changes that transpired in the doctrines and practices of the Roman Church by this union did not come all at once. The Roman Church of today is purely a human institution, and her doctrines, which militate against God's Word, were never taught by Christ or the apostles. Various doctrines crept into the church centuries afterward. because of the union the Babylonian rites were easily introduced into, and made a part of the Roman Church, and the greatest influence in it became the Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. The adherents of each religion would not compromise, so a union of the two was the outcome."

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks mate.

i dont know where im going with this.... +CrazyEyes

ill give you an example.the Pope is going to allow for birth control in places with the new virus starts with an l virus.

i think that is just crazy.he needs to let all his people use birth control.

i think this shows how odd religion can be.people are having kids that cannot afford them ....its insane.

Ironman wrote:
branham1965 wrote:HELLO REVEREND .I KNOW HE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT.REVEREND DAKE DID NOT BELIEVE THAT.

MUCH OF IT IS HUMAN SPECULATION ANYWAY. +groundhog
Speak your mind billy, nothing wrong with that and it wont break up friendships.

Page 817 onwards, Dakes GPFM Book where he starts off with this shows me he was not a fan of the RCC?
"The historic relation of Babylon to the city of Rome and the Roman Church and why Romanism is called Babylon in mystery is, that the cities of Rome and Babylon were related and this was well known in earlier days. It is simple to trace the archives of history the relation of Babylon to Rome and to the Roman Church.
The ancient city of Babylon was built by Nimrod the mighty hunter (Gen. 10:8-10). It was the seat of the first great apostasy against God after the flood. Here the Babylonian Cult was invented by Nimrod and his queen Semiramis. It was a system claiming the highest wisdom and ability to reveal the most divine secrets. This cult was characterized by the word "Mystery" because of its system of mysteries. Beside confessing to the priests at admission, one was compelled to drink of "Mysterious Beverages," which, says Salvert (Des Sciences Occultes, Page 259) was indispensable on the part of those who sought initiation into these mysteries. The "Mysterious Beverages" were composed of wine, honey, water, and flour. They were always of an intoxicating nature, and until the aspirants had come under the influence of it and had their understanding dimmed they were not prepared for what they were to see and hear.

The method was to introduce privately, little by little, information under seal of secrecy and sanction of oath that would be impossible to reveal otherwise. This had been the policy of the Roman Church and the secret power of the priests over thelives of men whom they could expose to the world for their sins that have been confessed to them. Once admitted men were no longer Babylonians, Assyrains, or Egyptians, but were members of a mystical brotherhood, over whom was placed a Supreme Pontiff of High Priest who's word was final in all things in the lives of the brotherhood regardless of the country in which they lived.
The ostensible objects of worship were the Supreme Father, the Incarnate Female, or Queen of Heaven, and her son. The last two were really the only objects of worship as the Supreme Father was said not to interfere with mortal affairs. (Nimrod, Page 239). Thi system is believed to have come from fallen angle's and demons. The object of the cult was to rule the world by these dogman.

In the days of Nimrod this cult secured a deep hold on the whole human race for it was of one language and all were one people. Nimrod gained the title "mighty hunter" because of his success in building cities with walls to free men from the ravages of wild beasts which were multiplying against men. He was called "the Apostate" because he sought to free men from the idea of God and His wrath. As a great deliverer and protector of the people and as the head of the godless civilization at that time he would naturally have great influence upon the people. He led them astray to such an extent that they glorified in the fact that they were free from the faith of their fathers.

All tradition from the earliest times bears witness of this great apostasy, which finally reached such proportions that the people defied God to send another flood to destroy them and they built a tower to escape it. The result was that God confused their language and scattered them throughout the Earth. This Babylonian system was the one the Devil had planned to counteract the truth of God. From Babylon it spread to the ends of the Earth and we have record that Abraham was chosen of God from all these idolatrous nations to represent the true God. Through him God planned to bring man back to Himself. This explains how the different nations of the world have traditions and religions somewhat similar, with changes suitable to the individual nation.

After the nations were scattered abroad, Babylon continued to be the "seat of Satan" until it was taken by Xerxes in 487 B.C. The Babylonian priesthood was then forced to leave Babylon, so it moved to Pergamos, which was the headquarters fro some time. When Attalus, the Pontiff and King of Pergamos, died in 133 B.C. he bequeathed the head ship of the Babylonian priesthood to Rome. When the Etruscans came to Italy from Lydia (the region of Pergamos) they brought with them the Babylonian religion and rites. They set up a Pontiff who was the head of the priesthood and he had the power of life and death over them. Later, the Romans accepted this Pontiff as their civil ruler. Julius Caesar was made the Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order, thereby becoming heir to the rights and titles of Attalus, who had Rome his heir by will.

Thus, the first Roman emperor became the head of the Babylonian priesthood and Rome became the successor of Babylon with Pergamos as the seat of this cult. Henceforth, Rome's religion has been that of Babylon. In the year 218 A. D. the Roman army in Syria, having rebelled against Macrinus, elected Elagabalus emperor. This man was High Priest of the Egyptian branch of Babylonianism, He was shortly afterward chosen Supreme Pontiff by the Romans, and thus the two western branches of the Babylonian apostasy centered in the Roman Emperors who continued to hold this office until 376 A. D. At that time however, the Emperor Gratian, for Christian reasons refused it, because he saw that by nature Babylonianism was idolatrous. Thus, religious mateers became disorganised until it became necessary to elect someone to fill the office.

Damasus, Bishop of the Christian Church at Rome, was then elected to the office of Supreme pontiff. He had been bishop for twelve years, having been made such in 366 A.D. through the influence of the monks of Mount Carmel, a college of the Babylonian religion originally founded by the priests of Jezebel and continued to this day in connection with Rome. So in 378 A.D.., the Babylonian system of the religion became part of Christendom, for the bishop of Rome, who later became the supreme head of the organized church, was already Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. All the teachings of pagan Babylon and Rome were gradually interspersed into the Christian religious organization. Soon after Damasus was made Supreme Pontiff, the rites of Babylon began to come to the front. The worship of the Roman Church became Babylonish, and under him the heather temples were restored and beautified and the rituals established. Thus the corrupt religious system under the figure of a woman with a golden cup in her hand, making all nations drunk with her fornication, si called by God "MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT."

The changes that transpired in the doctrines and practices of the Roman Church by this union did not come all at once. The Roman Church of today is purely a human institution, and her doctrines, which militate against God's Word, were never taught by Christ or the apostles. Various doctrines crept into the church centuries afterward. because of the union the Babylonian rites were easily introduced into, and made a part of the Roman Church, and the greatest influence in it became the Supreme Pontiff of the Babylonian Order. The adherents of each religion would not compromise, so a union of the two was the outcome."

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

"ill give you an example.the Pope is going to allow for birth control in places with the new virus starts with an l virus.

i think that is just crazy.he needs to let all his people use birth control.

i think this shows how odd religion can be.people are having kids that cannot afford them ....its insane."
I know billy. its insane mate. He has no idea of what its like to live in real slums where children are abused, raped and murdered for 10 cents, and he, the man who controls billions of dollars, tells others to pot their hands in their pockets to financially support them? I saw him on TV down under on one of his pilgrimage's, pat a small sick poverty stricken child on the head and say, "Now, Now!" waving the sign of the cross over him, and continue on his grinning and laughing all the way waving to his followers.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Is the pope the vicar (substitute) of Christ on the earth, wielding universal power over the whole church? If you believe the catechism, he is:

"For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered." Pg. 234, #882

"The Roman Pontiff... as supreme pastor and teacher of all the faithful..." Pg. 235, #891

If the pope is Christ' s substitute on earth, there should be many similarities in their lives.

•While on earth, Jesus never controlled great wealth. The pope controls one of the wealthiest corporations in the world.
•Jesus dressed like a common man. The pope, on the other hand, is never seen in anything but regal apparel.
•Jesus lived in simple surroundings, but the pope views opulence at every turn.
•Jesus tirelessly served the multitudes, while the pope travels the world on his private jet, meeting with world leaders from every nation.
•Most people eventually rejected and hated Jesus because He told the truth. The pope is worshipped and adored by millions worldwide.
•The pope gladly welcomes the praise of men, but Jesus directed all worship to the Father, and said of Himself:

"Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God." Mark 10:18

Should popes accept the worship of multitudes? Look how "Pope" Peter reacted when Cornelius tried to worship him:

"And as Peter was coming in, Cornelius met him, and fell down at his feet, and worshipped him. But Peter took him up, saying, Stand up; I myself also am a man." Acts 10:25-26.

The Catholic Catechism teaches that, "The Pope enjoys, by divine institution, supreme, full, immediate, and universal power in the care of souls" Pg. 246, #937

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

branham1965 wrote:THE POPE AND PATRIARCH KIRILL OF THE RUSSIAN ORTHODOX CHURCH MEET FRIDAY IN A HISTORIC MEETING BETWEEN EAST AND WEST CHURCHES.

THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TOWARD WORKING ON THE DIFFERENCES OF THE CHURCHES SINCE THE SPLIT IN 1054.

also they are going to address the threat of Islam.
Have a look at this when you get time.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20 ... olatry.htm

This is interesting as well,

"Two Popes": Has the Papacy become a Diarchy?

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2014/0 ... archy.html

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

Religious institutions vary widely in their views on birth control, but the Catholic Church has banned artificial contraception for as far back as can be historically traced. Successive popes have strongly opposed any relaxation of church policy.

It was only in 2009 that Pope Benedict on a trip to Africa, claimed – in defiance of all medical opinion – that condom use could actually make the AIDS epidemic worse by increasing sexual activity. The timing of his remarks outraged health agencies trying to halt the spread of HIV and AIDS in sub-Saharan Africa, where an estimated 22 million people are infected.

And even the new, more enlightened Pope Francis has dismissed a question about whether condoms can be condoned in the fight against AIDS by saying there are more important issues confronting the world.