Dake Bible Discussion Board*New Book* Does God Send Sickness?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

*New Book* Does God Send Sickness?

Post by victoryword »

victoryword

Re: *New Book* Does God Send Sickness?

Post by victoryword »

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Does God Send Sickness?

No, God is not the author of sin, sickness and disease, the devil is!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

luchnia
Shall Not He that Spared Not His Own Son Freely Give Us All Things?

Post by luchnia »

So many have blamed God for the works of the evil one that it is a difficult turnaround to influence different behaviour. Look at how Job falsely accused God of what happened to him and his family. On and on and on it goes and it is a sad state in today's world. When calamity comes most folks are quick to blame God and as one pastor said, "They are having a spiritual heart attack!"

I once remember a strong elderly Christian lady telling me she had lupus. I asked her who told her that. Again, I asked her who told her that. Then I said, did God tell you that you had lupus in His word? There was quite a pause after that.

Then with an astonished amazement, her eyes lit up and she said, NO God did not tell me that. Once it dawned on her that she was speaking corruption from the mouths of men it was as if the lights came on much brighter than ever. You see she was strong enough in Word that she knew in her spirit the level of trust needed to that Word to come to pass. That was probably around 20 years ago and I happened to see her the other day and she was still going strong in God's word!

Amazing what can happen when one speaks the life of God into their spirit by His WORD and doesn't turn back. The very life making cells of the body have to obey the Word of God acted on in trust. His words are life to our flesh, containers of spiritual energy - they split the marrow of the bone wide open! :angel: :angel:

Word up!

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

luchnia wrote:So many have blamed God for the works of the evil one that it is a difficult turnaround to influence different behaviour. Look at how Job falsely accused God of what happened to him and his family. On and on and on it goes and it is a sad state in today's world. When calamity comes most folks are quick to blame God and as one pastor said, "They are having a spiritual heart attack!"

I once remember a strong elderly Christian lady telling me she had lupus. I asked her who told her that. Again, I asked her who told her that. Then I said, did God tell you that you had lupus in His word? There was quite a pause after that.

Then with an astonished amazement, her eyes lit up and she said, NO God did not tell me that. Once it dawned on her that she was speaking corruption from the mouths of men it was as if the lights came on much brighter than ever. You see she was strong enough in Word that she knew in her spirit the level of trust needed to that Word to come to pass. That was probably around 20 years ago and I happened to see her the other day and she was still going strong in God's word!

Amazing what can happen when one speaks the life of God into their spirit by His WORD and doesn't turn back. The very life making cells of the body have to obey the Word of God acted on in trust. His words are life to our flesh, containers of spiritual energy - they split the marrow of the bone wide open! :angel: :angel:
:angel:

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

This passage is also "specific":
  • Eze 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
The books I have written tells you exactly how to deal with such passages. One can buy the book and find out or one can continue to act in ignorance and keep citing passages that I actually have dealt with in the book.

The joy of having free-will is that you can actually make that choice :)

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

luchnia wrote:So many have blamed God for the works of the evil one that it is a difficult turnaround to influence different behaviour. Look at how Job falsely accused God of what happened to him and his family. On and on and on it goes and it is a sad state in today's world. When calamity comes most folks are quick to blame God and as one pastor said, "They are having a spiritual heart attack!"

AMEN
I would rather read, hear, see, live by faith filled words of God and His people then doubt and destruction anytime.
macca

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I said God is not the AUTHOR of sickness or sin.

No, God is not the author of sin, sickness and disease, the devil is!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Ironman

Post by Ironman »

I agree, but only if your a baddie :lol!:

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Ironman wrote:I agree, but only if your a baddie :lol!:

So by your own understanding God does not curse His children or put sickness and disease on them?????? or destroy them in any way shape or form ??????