Dake Bible Discussion BoardFinis Dake on Positive Confession

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
victoryword
Knock and It Shall Be Opened Unto You

Finis Dake on Positive Confession

Post by victoryword »

In teaching how our words can assist in the certainty of answered prayer, Finis Dake wrote the following:
  • One can say just as easily, "I can, I will, I do believe that God hears me and answers my prayer" as to say, "It is hard to believe, I don't know whether I can or not, I hope God hears me and answers prayer." One can form right words and cause them to come out of his mouth just as he can tell a lie, and if he is that kind of person, it is infinitely easier to tell the truth than a lie. All statements of unbelief and all doubts and unbelief as to whether God answers prayer or not are of the devil, and anyone who gives in to any of these ideas is co-operating with the devil. He is making God a liar and is hindering God from answering prayer for him. God will not on any occasion or in any one case transgress His law of faith and work contrary to faith. (Dake, GPFM, p. 281)
Dake firmly believe that God will bless or withhold His blessing based on one's positive or negative confession. Therefore, we are to give verbal expression to our faith, otherwise known as "making a positive confession" based on God's promises. Many have criticized this truth, including some who claim to be readers of Dake, yet Finis Dake taught this here and other places.

cpbeller
Wield the Sword of the Spirit, Which is the Word of God

Re: Finis Dake on Positive Confession

Post by cpbeller »

Same here...Dake had a way to just say what needed to be said, no religious double-talk, no backtracking, just straight up how it needed to be said.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

then that should work in every single case right?????

DOES IT???? DONT ANSWER.YOU KNOW IT DOESNT.
victoryword wrote:In teaching how our words can assist in the certainty of answered prayer, Finis Dake wrote the following:
  • One can say just as easily, "I can, I will, I do believe that God hears me and answers my prayer" as to say, "It is hard to believe, I don't know whether I can or not, I hope God hears me and answers prayer." One can form right words and cause them to come out of his mouth just as he can tell a lie, and if he is that kind of person, it is infinitely easier to tell the truth than a lie. All statements of unbelief and all doubts and unbelief as to whether God answers prayer or not are of the devil, and anyone who gives in to any of these ideas is co-operating with the devil. He is making God a liar and is hindering God from answering prayer for him. God will not on any occasion or in any one case transgress His law of faith and work contrary to faith. (Dake, GPFM, p. 281)
Dake firmly believe that God will bless or withhold His blessing based on one's positive or negative confession. Therefore, we are to give verbal expression to our faith, otherwise known as "making a positive confession" based on God's promises. Many have criticized this truth, including some who claim to be readers of Dake, yet Finis Dake taught this here and other places.

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

branham1965 wrote:then that should work in every single case right?????

victoryword wrote:In teaching how our words can assist in the certainty of answered prayer, Finis Dake wrote the following:

And you are showing exactly why it doesn't.

DISCLAIMER: Whatever I say or do not say may or may not apply to you based on whether you are or are not a Christian. And whether you are or are not a Christian may or may not be based off of whatever denomination you may or may not be a part of.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

No it doesn't Billy for exactly this reason.
James 1:2-4 (NKJV)
2 My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,
3 knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
4 But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Justpained

You really MUST stop misquoting Scripture. It's embarrassing (for you of course, not me :mrgreen:)

James 1
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

victoryword

Post by victoryword »

Billy, do you really love the Fred Price classics on TBN? Or does James 1:8 apply here? :silly:

cpbeller

Post by cpbeller »

Intrestingly enough, James goes on later in his letter to talk about "taming the tongue". If you must have an old testament passage, what about "A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; From the produce of his lips he shall be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit." (Proverbs 18:20-21).

Another passage, this time from the New Testament..."So Jesus answered and said to them, 'Have faith in God. For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.'" (Mark 11:22-24)

I want you to notice the bolded parts in the above passages. Your confession, what you say, will dictate what you receive. Jesus taught it, Paul taught (Romans 10:8-10 anyone?), Hagin taught it, Dake taught it. Just because a select few want to teach something else, does not mean that what they are saying is correct. If you watch what ppl say, they themselves prove the above passages true. If you have someone who wants to talk about how sick they are, they will stay sick. If you have someone who wants to talk about how sick they get every year in the winter, then you can watch them get sick this year in the winter. If you have someone who talks about how broke they always are, that they never have the money to even pay their bills...watch them struggle all their lives to pay their bills. "A man's stomach shall be satisfied from the fruit of his mouth; from the produce of his lips he shall be filled. Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit." What is coming out of your mouth determines what you eat, because Jesus said, "out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks." If you don't like what your life is like, start speaking something different. Speak what God says about it, and who cares what unbelieving so-called ministers have to say about it. What does God say about it...that is all that should matter.

Now, to address the James passage quoted...James does not say to just lie there and take the whipping. Like I said, James goes on in chapter 3 to talk about taming the tongue. Sure, I agree that when bad things come, it is testing our faith. But what is faith? And how do you use that faith? Do we just lie down and take the beating? I don't believe so. I believe we stand back up and oppose the enemy, using that shield of faith to quench all those fiery darts of doubt and unbelief that he is shooting at our heads and hearts. We draw closer to God, and stand firm in his presence...and that snake has got to flee (run in stark terror).

Ever notice that a person will begin to sound like the ppl or person that they spend the most time with? If you spend your time with God, you will begin to sound like God, you will begin to talk like God. But if you spend time away from God, you will begin to speak like the world, and you will start to talk like the world. If you spend time with faithless so-called ministers, you will begin to sound like those same ministers...without faith, and dare I say it...without God and hope in this world.

Nobody said the life of faith is going to be a constant Sunday walk in the park. There is still a spiritual outlaw out there, and he is still walking about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. But we are in Christ, and Christ is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah. The enemy is "like" a lion, but Christ IS the Lion. And we are in Christ, and as Christ is, so are we (to be) in this world. Who do you want to be more like? The guy who is simply taking the whipping, or the One who grabbed the whip from the slavers hand and turns it on the Slavemaster, than told us to do the same thing through His Name?

You all can do what you want to...just as the Scripture says, "Choose for yourself whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". But even more so than the servent, I am a son, given full right and privelige through Jesus to be in Christ and to receive the blessings of the New Covenant. For when I am weak, He is strong. And I may always be weak, but He will forever and always be strong. All my weaknesses are covered up by his strength. And through Him I overcome the impossible, and stand against the enemy. That is true covenant talk. But for me to utilize the power God has made available to me through the New Covenant, and to me by being in Christ...I must use my confession of faith, and not back down.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:Justpained

You really MUST stop misquoting Scripture. It's embarrassing (for you of course, not me :mrgreen:)

James 1
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

How is my statement and quote of scripture a misquote? Your quote says if man lacks wisdom let him ask for it not doubting the God will give it. What does that have to do with trials that come our way?

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

victoryword wrote:

Billy, do you really love the Fred Price classics on TBN? Or does James 1:8 apply here? :silly:

I hope be believes in James 1:8 over anything Price ever said to the contrary . For a man not to, it would be foolishness!