Dake Bible Discussion BoardFinis Dake on Positive Confession

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
scottae316
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Re: Finis Dake on Positive Confession

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote: No answer?
Well Scott,

Is a the Millennium as mentioned in Revelation 20 1,000 years long?

If you believe it is then, I don't know what I need to answer.

Am I missing something here?
One of us is missing something, here is Revelation 20 from your preferred translation:
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. -Revelation 20 KJV
Can you show me where the word "Millennium" is in this passage once???

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

Scott
my old friend...i dont claim to understand the book of Revelation.but its very fascinating.

from my heart ...what is your view on the book???

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Scott,

One of us is missing something, here is Revelation 20 from your preferred translation:
20 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,

8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. -Revelation 20 KJV

A millennium (plural millennia) is a period of time equal to 1000 years. :scatter:

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Thousand= Chilioi: 10 Places in the N.T.
2 Pet 3:8;
Rev. 11:3; 12:6; 14:20; 20:2,3,4,5,6,7.

Thousands= Chiliades: 11 places in the N.T.

lK. 14:31; twice. Acts. 4:4; 1 Cor. 10:8;
Rev. 5:11; 7:4,5,6,7,8. 11:13; 14:1,3; 21:16;

macca

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Scott,

HI Scott,

Look it up in Webster's dictionary and you will see that a Millennium is 1,000 years - as you know.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

There is a fellow on TBN teaching postmillinialism.

i was taught amillenialism as a Catholic and premilleniallism in Full Gospel Circles .i believe that is the right one.

ive said this 100 time but in the back of the Open Bible it cover briefly these views.and it says there are devout believers in every group.
there are books that have the views in them.
Pat Robertson was answering questions yesterday and he was truthful +tiptoe but did not wish to offend his many Catholic friends.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

branham1965 wrote:There is a fellow on TBN teaching postmillinialism.

i was taught amillenialism as a Catholic and premilleniallism in Full Gospel Circles .i believe that is the right one.

ive said this 100 time but in the back of the Open Bible it cover briefly these views.and it says there are devout believers in every group.
there are books that have the views in them.
Pat Robertson was answering questions yesterday and he was truthful +tiptoe but did not wish to offend his many Catholic friends.

You are right Billy,

Premilleniallism is the correct Biblical teaching.

All others are just those that are expounded by those who are ignorant of Bible teaching.

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note
scottae316

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Scott,

HI Scott,

Look it up in Webster's dictionary and you will see that a Millennium is 1,000 years - as you know.
Hi Leon,

I agree that with the definition, I have already said that, but you said
bibleman wrote:Is the Millennium as mentioned in Revelation 20 a 1,000 years long?
You keep saying that the word Millennium is in the Bible, but it isn't as you should know. :mrgreen:

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Scott,

HI Scott,

Hi Leon,

I agree that with the definition, I have already said that, but you said [quote="bibleman]Is the Millennium as mentioned in Revelation 20a 1,000 years long?
You keep saying that the word Millennium is in the Bible, but it isn't as you should know. :mrgreen:[/quote]

That is like saying that money is not in the Bible yet a dollar is!

God bless
Leon Bible

scottae316

Post by scottae316 »

bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
scottae316 wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Well Scott,

HI Scott,

Hi Leon,

I agree that with the definition, I have already said that, but you said [quote="bibleman]Is the Millennium as mentioned in Revelation 20a 1,000 years long?
You keep saying that the word Millennium is in the Bible, but it isn't as you should know. :mrgreen:
That is like saying that money is not in the Bible yet a dollar is!
Um... Dollar is not in the Bible, but money is. The point is you keep saying that a word [milennium] is in the Bible when it is not. I care about accurately quoting the Bible and what is said is in the Bible, do you?