Dake Bible Discussion BoardDake and "Serpent Seed Theory"

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Dake and "Serpent Seed Theory"

Post by bibleman »

reggiebyrum wrote:I just now had a guy warn me on Facebook to stay away from Dake's teachings because he believed in the "Serpent Seed" theory.

I'm sorry - I'm going through "God's Plan for Man" and no where do I read that Eve had sexual relations with Satan and Cain came from that line, as he asserts that Dakes believes.

I asked him to show me the reference to that - and I'm waiting on an answer.

Does anyone know where in the world he came up with that? I saw another thread on this board regarding that, but it did not fully answer my questions on this.
He has got to be talking about William Branham, because Dake never taught that.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Yeah, Daniel Parker, William Branham was definitely a proponents to it. Arnold Murray is kind of the new voice for this theoligy , they are others as well that teach this. When I first Got my DARB and really started to get in to Dakes teachings (which I love by the way, got me out of a lot of bad theology) A lot of what people said he believed was not true. But no, I have read my Dake bible cover to cover and I am reading Gods plan for man, and Dake never taught the Serpent Seed Theory ( The Serpent Seed Theory is a doctrine that teaches Eve mated with the serpent, or with Satan, to produce Cain, For those of you who don't know what this false teaching is) :scatter:

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Gentlemen,

Teachings like "Serpent Seed Theory" are anathema to God. Would not God have said anything about that "theory," in His Word, if such were the case? Did He?

No. "Serpent Seed Theory" is an abomination, pure and simple. Even entertaining such, is unpleasing to God.

Think not about things that are not centered upon God, for they are not profitable...

Maranatha

Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I am curious, what scriptures are use to back up this theology? Because this is not even hinted at in the bible. I have always wondered this.
:scatter: :scatter:

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

The thing that mystifies me is why is heresy like this even entertained on Dake's Forum?

The idea of Satan through the serpent as having sex with Eve is a convoluted anathema to the Virgin Mary giving birth the Christ child.

Philippians 4:8-9 (NKJV)
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

Why spend so much time talking nonsense?

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

I THINK ITS WRONG.BUT I DONT FOR A SECOND REVEREND LEON BIBLE HAS A MALICIOUS BONE IN HIM.THIS IS A BIBLE BOARD EXPERIENCE.NOT CHURCH OR FELLOWSHIP.I MISSED THAT.
HE HAS ALL MY HONOR /RESPECT.

I LIKE ALL THE FOLKS HERE.BUT I SEE HOW DEEP FRIENDSHIP IS REGARDED BY SOME.

DISAGREE OR EVEN WHATEVER AND THE THING IS OVER.

ITS LIKE A BEAUTY SHOP.FOLKS CANT HAVE MORE THAN 1 FRIEND.OR CANT DISAGREE. +pieface

:morning: :morning: :morning:

NineCrows
Esther

Post by NineCrows »

reggiebyrum wrote:I just now had a guy warn me on Facebook to stay away from Dake's teachings because he believed in the "Serpent Seed" theory.

I'm sorry - I'm going through "God's Plan for Man" and no where do I read that Eve had sexual relations with Satan and Cain came from that line, as he asserts that Dakes believes.

Does anyone know where in the world he came up with that? I saw another thread on this board regarding that, but it did not fully answer my questions on this.
Another possibility besides a confusion with Branham is a confusion with E. W Bullinger. The notes in his Companion Study Bible do not explicitly teach the serpent seed dctrine, but he places enough emphasis on its necessary components to imply it. Just a thought.

LORD, I believe; help thou mine unbelief. Mark 9:24.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

perhaps he read this stuff . :agrue: he read the Bible through ????? times.and he was a man of prayer and power.yet he believes in these leaders.he owned a Scofield Bible because his chums had it Gordon Lindsay,his best friend F.F.Bosworth...Brother Branham was uneducated as the world qualifies it but he knew the Bible.

i made a comment about this on another post.people we look up to can miss it.any we feel far beneath them.so we can follow them.
the comment read the Bible...yes its true of course.but our teachers and leaders have an influence.think of the multitudes that dumbo Macarthur is influencing with that :vamp: book he wrote.he is a smart man.he takes the excesses and badactions of some in the PC WOF movements and he capitalizes on it.
if it were not for the Pentecostal outpouring imbeciles like him would not be able to mislead people!!! many of them silly women and bubbleheaded men.
nearly 700 million people know the Living Christ because of Pentecost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
as ive told my son its just not something ive read its something i have experienced.its a supernatural Gospel!!!!!!!!!!!!!
notice on Christian radio how you seldom hear a full gospel preacher on the stations.
when i was a teen that was not so.you could have a few good Baptist Bothers on ie Oliver B.Greene then Brother Copeland who i listened to every day and then Dad Hagin and then they got a dose of my Pastor for a few minutes.
i know most never heard any thing like him.it was so odd i was at my ex wifes mansion and her 2nd husband Tony a fine guy and family(3 is gone too) was there around this time years ago and his one son commented about listening to this Preacher from Warren.he said that guy tells it like it is.ive never heard anyone talk like him.... :arrow: he like the whole bunch were Catholics.nice Italian people.his son was just amazed by him.i think my ex wife told him that was my Pastor....

NineCrows wrote:

Another possibility besides a confusion with Branham is a confusion with E. W Bullinger. The notes in his Companion Study Bible do not explicitly teach the serpent seed dctrine, but he places enough emphasis on its necessary components to imply it. Just a thought.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

:silly: my head is spinning :turn-l: :crazyeyes:

Even the Apostle Peter was led astray in his day.

phooy

macca