Dake Bible Discussion BoardJesus, now in Heaven is still a Jew.

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Jesus, now in Heaven is still a Jew.

Post by Ironman »

I have never thought of this before.

Jesus, born of a Jewish mother was a Jew whilst on the Earth. Jesus, now in His Glorified Flesh and Bone Body, and sitting beside His Father right hand in Heaven is still a Jew to this day and will be Jewish forever according to the book of Revelation!

"And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.? (Revelation 5:3-5).

The Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Bible Basics
Proverbs

Re: Jesus, now in Heaven is still a Jew.

Post by Bible Basics »

Hmmm... That's a very interesting thought...

Bible Basics

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Good one Haz :angel:
Thats why the jews are hated so much.

macca

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Jew by genealogy but all the distinctives that set Judaism apart from Christianity were fulfilled by Jesus and of course He believes in Himself as the Messiah. So while Jesus is Jewish from a genealogy point of view He is Messianic Christian in fact.

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

Good Morning, Justaned,

Concur, 100%. All too often people forget to delineate Him, from His accomplishments. You, my friend, have rightly divided The Word... He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets- He was not "the Law and the Prophets."

Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Watchman2013 wrote:Good Morning, Justaned,

Concur, 100%. All too often people forget to delineate Him, from His accomplishments. You, my friend, have rightly divided The Word... He fulfilled the Law and the Prophets- He was not "the Law and the Prophets."

Watchman2013
I havent forgotten anything or His accomplishments. All I am saying is, Jesus is still the Lion of the tribe of Juda, and the Root of David, as Revelation 5:3-5 clearly and plainly states. He is called this In Heaven.

"And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?" (Rev. 5:2).

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.
4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.
7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.
8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.
9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

Ironman wrote:
I havent forgotten anything or His accomplishments. All I am saying is, Jesus is still the Lion of the tribe of Juda, and the Root of David, as Revelation 5:3-5 clearly and plainly states. He is called this In Heaven.

And on that point you are correct.