Dake Bible Discussion BoardHalloween

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Rocky

Halloween

Post by Rocky »

Thoughts on Christians observing this?
I personally do not think Satan is found in fictional characters such as Dracula, werewolves and ghouls, vampires, zombies etc. I believe he is not that obvious and more cunning than that. My opinion is that it is just superstitions.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Halloween

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:Thoughts on Christians observing this?
I personally do not think Satan is found in fictional characters such as Dracula, werewolves and ghouls, vampires, zombies etc. I believe he is not that obvious and more cunning than that. My opinion is that it is just superstitions.

My opinion it is Satan's desire for everyone to have a nearly identical opinion of all of this as you.

If Satan can convince the world that demonic beings portrayed as various devilish beings is nothing but superstition then Satan has won a major battle. Look at how many people form a picture in their minds of a little red creature with tail and little pointy horns holding a pitch fork in his hands when the word devil is mentioned. How many will dress their kid up as this little red creature.

I believe this latest focus of Hollywood on vampires, zombies, and werewolves is an attempt by Satan to desensitize us of what little spiritual perception we already have. I believe Hollywood is unwitting pawns in Satan's plan to further deceive the world.

As a Christian God's wisdom says don't even entertain such things, shun all forms of evil be they invented by Hollywood or Spiritual realities.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:

My opinion it is Satan's desire for everyone to have a nearly identical opinion of all of this as you.

If Satan can convince the world that demonic beings portrayed as various devilish beings is nothing but superstition then Satan has won a major battle. Look at how many people form a picture in their minds of a little red creature with tail and little pointy horns holding a pitch fork in his hands when the word devil is mentioned. How many will dress their kid up as this little red creature.

I believe this latest focus of Hollywood on vampires, zombies, and werewolves is an attempt by Satan to desensitize us of what little spiritual perception we already have. I believe Hollywood is unwitting pawns in Satan's plan to further deceive the world.

As a Christian God's wisdom says don't even entertain such things, shun all forms of evil be they invented by Hollywood or Spiritual realities.
Interesting. But zombies are awesome, I loved the first night of the living dead movie lol. I never read about vampires, zombies, and werewolves in the bible as being evil. :evilbat: I just see Satan as a lot more deceptive in cunning than that. This kind of superstitions goes back to the puritan days.. No but seriously maybe these things are not inherently Evil in themselves its kind of like a meats offered to idols thing, if it offends you I wouldn't parade it in around in front of you. As it says in Romans 14: Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters. 2 One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3 The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. 4 Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand. Now this is how I view this as well. This is also the reason why I don't walk into certain churches due to my everyday appearance. I mean lets face It, I look like I am ready for Halloween every day and I don't want to offend on purpose, also I wouldn't be accepted by 80% of the churches or even fellow Christians for that matter. lol

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

The fact they label vampires, werewolves,zombies and such as UNDEAD should
raise RED FLAGS in any true Christian.

We are either alive in Christ or dead to sin there isn't a middle ground UNDEAD
That is problem number one

Problem number two is
Philippians 4:8 (NASB)
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

Werewolves, vampires, zombies and etc. really don't fit into this category.

Problem number three if Satan can confuse us into seeing virtue in something spiritually dead or demonic then it lowers our instinctive cautions against such.

Problem number four is we are given discernment. The Holy Spirit tells us to avoid such and by avoiding such we are often open to the charge of judging another. But the fact is we are being lead away or repulsed by such things as the Holy Spirit leads us not by the human fault of judging another.

While I have strived to avoid addressing the issue of your dress you keep bringing it up so I can no longer ignore it. If what you say is true then Jesus would have had to dress as a sinner, a tax collector, as Pharisee to witness to those He witnessed to. He would have also had to dress as a roman soldier, as a shepherd, as a samaritian women, and many others.

But that wasn't the case. No where does the bible tells us to look like a sinner to effectively witness to a sinner.

I think you have a special call to witness to people that tend to repulse others from sharing with them but I'm not sold on the idea you must look like them to witness to them.
You asked and I gave my opinion.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

ABSOLUTELY.THERE ARE NO SATANISTS,NO DEVIL WORSHIPPERS,NO WITCHES AND NO BLACK ARTS. WHY IT ALL MYTH. ANTON LAVEY WAS JUST FOOLING AROUND.OUR OBSESSION WITH THE TWILIGHT TRILOGY AND THE OUTRIGHT LOVE OF TO THE POINT OF INSANITY IN OUR CULTURE WITH ZOMBIES,WEREWOLVES AND VAMPIRES.
ITS ALL JUST HARMLESS FUN.
+thumbsDown2

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

. No where does the bible tells us to look like a sinner to effectively witness to a sinner.
What does a sinner look like Ed?
Hmm did Ted Bundy dress Goth or look like a vampire or werewolf. What about the pastors who cheats on their wives in three piece suits. It just clothes Ed, pieces of fabric. Oh and sin is described in the bible, but not as fictitious characters. You believe they are evil because of superstition. I know Christians that won't by Hot sauce because it has a little devil on it. That's why I dislike religion and so did Jesus. Oh and I am undead ,I died to sin and is alive in christ +wink I am the walking undead to sin..

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

if honest ...we all look at one in the mirror everyday.by the grace of God do we live and move and have our being.even unsaved AA people know this.
i know some hardshell kia's think they are not by the Apostle John says otherwise. :mrgreen:
Paul said he was chief of sinners.that doesnt fit in the SP cauldron so its ignored.
Rocky wrote:
. No where does the bible tells us to look like a sinner to effectively witness to a sinner.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Hmm did Ted Bundy dress Goth or look like a vampire or werewolf. What about the pastors who cheats on their wives in three piece suits. It just clothes Ed, pieces of fabric. Oh and sin is described in the bible, but not as fictitious characters. You believe they are evil because of superstition. I know Christians that won't by Hot sauce because it has a little devil on it. That's why I dislike religion and so did Jesus. Oh and I am undead ,I died to sin and is alive in christ +wink I am the walking undead to sin..
I didn't mean to offend you and if I did I apologize.

Sin is not defined by appearance.

However appearance often speaks volumes about attitude. When someone dresses in an extreme one must wonder about the attitude of the person that does this.

And you are right superstition has no place in Christianity. However are vampires, werewolves, zombies and the like merely superstitions or are they cunningly cleaver devices to desensitize the world from the ugliness and horror of evil?

I think they are.

You apparently don't and scripture doesn't say so we must fall back on what the Bible does say.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

I don't think anyone would seriously try to suggest vampires, werewolves and zombies meet this criteria so i'm not sure what is left to discuss.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

However appearance often speaks volumes about attitude. When someone dresses in an extreme one must wonder about the attitude of the person that does this.

And you are right superstition has no place in Christianity. However are vampires, werewolves, zombies and the like merely superstitions or are they cunningly cleaver devices to desensitize the world from the ugliness and horror of evil?

I think they are.

You apparently don't and scripture doesn't say so we must fall back on what the Bible does say.

I don't think anyone would seriously try to suggest vampires, werewolves and zombies meet this criteria so i'm not sure what is left to discuss.
No offence brother I hear this every day. My wife and I are not allowed in most churches around here any way lol.. But we still love the Lord :) We don't get to go to church in our area, we travel 40 miles to a church.

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I think they are.

Oh and I was thinking of your misuse of Philippians 4:8. Have You not read the Old testament, or the whole bible for that matter? It contains Rape, A persons body being dismembered, murders, wars, fallen angels having sexual union with women to produce a race of giants, a person pulling out before being able to get a women pregnant during intimacy, an entire town of Homosexuals wanting to have sex and rape a couple of angels, A flood that destroyed the world, demon spirits, death, destruction, and so forth. Hmm sounds the opposite of the way you are using Philippians 4:8. They are some things in the bible that are Dark as well, very dark. Darker than dressing up as a fictitious characters and trying to get candy, and the things I mentioned in the bible are real by the way ;) Lets use scripture in proper context instead of trying to prove our man made preferences and rules..... :scatter: