Dake Bible Discussion BoardHalloween

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: Halloween

Post by branham1965 »

personally i could care less if you tattoo your face like a monster,pierce your body parts from your eyes to your gulliver .
or dress like a werewolf or Count Dracula or a dead zombie or whatever it is you are doing.i dont look down on you for it.AND if your wife supports you mate you got one special woman.
cant say the same of your views towards pot lickers like me who disagree with you or are just funning a bit with you over scriptural points.

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
. No where does the bible tells us to look like a sinner to effectively witness to a sinner.
What does a sinner look like Ed?
Hmm did Ted Bundy dress Goth or look like a vampire or werewolf. What about the pastors who cheats on their wives in three piece suits. It just clothes Ed, pieces of fabric. Oh and sin is described in the bible, but not as fictitious characters. You believe they are evil because of superstition. I know Christians that won't by Hot sauce because it has a little devil on it. That's why I dislike religion and so did Jesus. Oh and I am undead ,I died to sin and is alive in christ +wink I am the walking undead to sin..
I didn't mean to offend you and if I did I apologize.

Sin is not defined by appearance.

However appearance often speaks volumes about attitude. When someone dresses in an extreme one must wonder about the attitude of the person that does this.

And you are right superstition has no place in Christianity. However are vampires, werewolves, zombies and the like merely superstitions or are they cunningly cleaver devices to desensitize the world from the ugliness and horror of evil?

I think they are.

You apparently don't and scripture doesn't say so we must fall back on what the Bible does say.
Philippians 4:8 (NASB)
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

I don't think anyone would seriously try to suggest vampires, werewolves and zombies meet this criteria so i'm not sure what is left to discuss.
Oh and I was thinking of your misuse of Philippians 4:8. Have You not read the Old testament, or the whole bible for that matter? It contains Rape, A persons body being dismembered, murders, wars, fallen angels having sexual union with women to produce a race of giants, a person pulling out before being able to get a women pregnant during intimacy, an entire town of Homosexuals wanting to have sex and rape a couple of angels, A flood that destroyed the world, demon spirits, death, destruction, and so forth. Hmm sounds the opposite of the way you are using Philippians 4:8. They are some things in the bible that are Dark as well, very dark. Darker than dressing up as a fictitious characters and trying to get candy, and the things I mentioned in the bible are real by the way ;) Lets use scripture in proper context instead of trying to prove our man made preferences and rules..... :scatter:

branham1965
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by branham1965 »

The evil lord of darkness in the Bible is far more dark,evil, vicious and ruthless than any man or woman could ever imagine. :vamp:
"for ye were sometimes darkness but now are ye light in the Lord walk as children of light."Eph 5:8

WHAT DO THE GOTH WOMEN DRESS LIKE??? i could go to OSU campus and see it.but i stay away from there. D'OH!!!!!
in this even in your picture which is interesting i see a picture of sadness...of the fallen one.you know the famous tshirt Led Zeppelin had of lucifer falling from heaven.
it represents that to me.but i dont understand the history of it.which i was hoping you'd share,im not being a buzzard ..im serious.you are using it to help others and thats cool. :angel: it seems to be your make up.and honestly now i admire that.

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:
. No where does the bible tells us to look like a sinner to effectively witness to a sinner.
Hmm did Ted Bundy dress Goth or look like a vampire or werewolf. What about the pastors who cheats on their wives in three piece suits. It just clothes Ed, pieces of fabric. Oh and sin is described in the bible, but not as fictitious characters. You believe they are evil because of superstition. I know Christians that won't by Hot sauce because it has a little devil on it. That's why I dislike religion and so did Jesus. Oh and I am undead ,I died to sin and is alive in christ +wink I am the walking undead to sin..

However appearance often speaks volumes about attitude. When someone dresses in an extreme one must wonder about the attitude of the person that does this.

And you are right superstition has no place in Christianity. However are vampires, werewolves, zombies and the like merely superstitions or are they cunningly cleaver devices to desensitize the world from the ugliness and horror of evil?

I think they are.

You apparently don't and scripture doesn't say so we must fall back on what the Bible does say.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.

I don't think anyone would seriously try to suggest vampires, werewolves and zombies meet this criteria so i'm not sure what is left to discuss.
Oh and I was thinking of your misuse of Philippians 4:8. Have You not read the Old testament, or the whole bible for that matter? It contains Rape, A persons body being dismembered, murders, wars, fallen angels having sexual union with women to produce a race of giants, a person pulling out before being able to get a women pregnant during intimacy, an entire town of Homosexuals wanting to have sex and rape a couple of angels, A flood that destroyed the world, demon spirits, death, destruction, and so forth. Hmm sounds the opposite of the way you are using Philippians 4:8. They are some things in the bible that are Dark as well, very dark. Darker than dressing up as a fictitious characters and trying to get candy, and the things I mentioned in the bible are real by the way ;) Lets use scripture in proper context instead of trying to prove our man made preferences and rules..... :scatter:

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Rocky wrote:
Justaned wrote:
Rocky wrote:

I think they are.

Rocky
I disagree that I misused Phil 4:8, recognizing sin and understanding it and why it occurs is far different from entertaining it or pondering it or even being a part of it if only in appearance only. Scripture tells us not to let our good be spoken evil of.

Why would you expect anyone to be receptive of someone whose appearance portrays the dark side of life? I mean isn't the whole purpose of the dressing in that fashion to evoke reaction? Yet when people react you want to stand back and say boy they are hypocrites. Are they or are they reacting the in fashion your dress is expected to evoke?

Isn't dressing in fashion that portrays the dark side of life also a declaration that the person dressed this way associates themselves with that way of life?

Christianity about light, love and freedom where the dark side is about pain, fear, and bondage.

As far as werewolves, vampires, zombies you will never convince me Satan did not play a major role in their inception and creation. His intent was to make demonic motivated entities such as werewolves, vampires and zombies so common place that people would be desensitized to demonic realities that are all around them.

Does anyone believe werewolves, vampires, zombies represent any positive thing? I think we all would say no, these fictional characters always represent a very negative situation.

Does that not force the question why would a child of God a child of light want to dress in a negative, evil, and dark way? How does that honor God?

Rocky do you really think dressing in a such a dark fashion glorifies and honors God? Be honest with yourself.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

im trying to understand this but am getting the KENTUCKY cold shoulder.

i can hear you REVED.thats what the oldsters would say :mrgreen: :mrgreen: nooffence im old as the hills.ill be 52 :crazyeyes: on saturday.

i dont understand the whole thing from his view.i hope he shares it.

maybe he feels i Clubber Lang'ed him too bad before.... :mrgreen: :new-alien:

Rocky

Post by Rocky »

Justaned wrote:
Rocky
I disagree that I misused Phil 4:8, recognizing sin and understanding it and why it occurs is far different from entertaining it or pondering it or even being a part of it if only in appearance only. Scripture tells us not to let our good be spoken evil of.

Why would you expect anyone to be receptive of someone whose appearance portrays the dark side of life? I mean isn't the whole purpose of the dressing in that fashion to evoke reaction? Yet when people react you want to stand back and say boy they are hypocrites. Are they or are they reacting the in fashion your dress is expected to evoke?

Isn't dressing in fashion that portrays the dark side of life also a declaration that the person dressed this way associates themselves with that way of life?

Christianity about light, love and freedom where the dark side is about pain, fear, and bondage.

As far as werewolves, vampires, zombies you will never convince me Satan did not play a major role in their inception and creation. His intent was to make demonic motivated entities such as werewolves, vampires and zombies so common place that people would be desensitized to demonic realities that are all around them.

Does anyone believe werewolves, vampires, zombies represent any positive thing? I think we all would say no, these fictional characters always represent a very negative situation.

Does that not force the question why would a child of God a child of light want to dress in a negative, evil, and dark way? How does that honor God?

Rocky do you really think dressing in a such a dark fashion glorifies and honors God? Be honest with yourself.
branham1965 wrote:The evil lord of darkness in the Bible is far more dark,evil, vicious and ruthless than any man or woman could ever imagine. :vamp:
"for ye were sometimes darkness but now are ye light in the Lord walk as children of light."Eph 5:8

WHAT DO THE GOTH WOMEN DRESS LIKE??? i could go to OSU campus and see it.but i stay away from there. D'OH!!!!!
in this even in your picture which is interesting i see a picture of sadness...of the fallen one.you know the famous tshirt Led Zeppelin had of lucifer falling from heaven.
it represents that to me.but i dont understand the history of it.which i was hoping you'd share,im not being a buzzard ..im serious.you are using it to help others and thats cool. :angel: it seems to be your make up.and honestly now i admire that.

Very valid and common questions and I understand. Goth is not about pain, fear, and bondage, the dark side(What ever that means, use the force Luke) Or dressing evil. Most of us are quite happy. It is so weird to me that wearing black clothes is as you call it, is "dressing evil". And Goths don't always wear black by the way. Goth means a lot of different things to deferent people. Goth is just a music subculture that started in the late 70s. Goth is not, witchcraft, Satanism, drug use, or Marylyn Manson, most real Goths hate drugs and Marylyn Manson. It is however a fondness for dark art and dark aesthetics but not sin. When the bible mentions darkness it is not talking about cloths or fashion, or art, its talking about sin. We do not think that Murder, adultery, promiscuity is cool or beautiful or even acceptable. Now I know the media and Hollywood gave the culture bad stereotypes. And I understand my appearance is different, But it is how I chose to express my self, just like how you express yourself. And I understand that a lot of churches tries to stifle art and individuality of any kind, even certain Christian music, unless its southern Gospel or white southern culture. I was saved as a Goth, not from being a Goth. God has never told me to change the way I look, man has. Yes I may find Beauty in dark things, but not in sin or evil things. Now I am not sure what you think "dark" is, but I assure you it is not sin. We may find graveyards beautiful, or dark poetry like Edger Allen Poe, or Like dark paintings and we like 80s Goth rock and post punk, the songs are mainly about love or lost love. Kind of like the Song of Solomon which is a secular poem about love and intimacy between a man and women, And to me it is very "dark" and beautiful. I think the story of redemption is "dark" and beautiful I believe the bible is "dark" and beautiful. Please watch this girl This may help you a swell as Billy..

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

thanks for that post.i never knew much of that.one thing about me ...i will listen.my Dad used to beat the living daylights out of me.
so i listened.Grandpa followed up.i listened.

are there any Christian Goth organizations Rocky???i find it fascinating.and i mean that.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

Satan was the most beautiful created being!

"Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created. Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." (Ezek. 28:13-15).

And he is still capable of appearing as a beautiful being! And he has the world under his control. He has duped the majority of people into believing its good to be bad and being bad is fun!

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light." (2 Cor. 11:14).

Its really not good for children to dress up as witches, warlocks, living dead, and ghosts calling trick or treat? I know God does not approve of these things. Satan approves these things and has promoted this evil fun world wide.

"Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Exodus 22:18).

"There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch."(Deut. 18:10).

As they grow into adults their characters have been formed and its there for all to see.

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." (Gal. 5:19-21).

When Saul asked;

"Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor." (1 Sam. 28:6),

He became the enemy of God! !

"Then said Samuel, Wherefore then dost thou ask of me, seeing the LORD is departed from thee, and is become thine enemy? (1 Sam. 28:16).

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Justaned

Post by Justaned »

Wait let us not lose focus of the subject of the thread. It was stated that werewolves, vampires, and zombies are just superstitions and therefore meaningless.

That is not the truth. Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies represent dark (demonic) beings that are un-dead immortals.
They are not harmless superstitions as such.

Again I'm convinced their conception was Satan's plan to desensitize people from viewing evil as evil.

Goths to me represent hooded figures that shun the light of society and cling to the darkness. I try not to judge their motivates but I find nothing there that glorifies God. It is all about selves and feeding a fleshly need.

Ironman
Fast the Chosen Fast of God... Then Shalt Thou Be Like a Spring of Water, Whose Waters Fail Not

Post by Ironman »

I agree Justaned.

The demons, who are now Satans emissaries could well be the spirits of the pre-Adamites. At any rate they are not part of the creation at the time of Adam. Thus Isaiah teaches the the Earth was inhabited before Adam and was ruled by Lucifer, who's kingdom was overthrown when he rebelled.

Halloween mimics these beings whether we know it, realise it or not!

Galatians 4: 16, Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

do you have halloween down under???

do you hand out candy to the kiddies????

or are your pockets too deep. :mrgreen: