Dake Bible Discussion BoardWHO DO YOU PRAY TO?

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Re: WHO DO YOU PRAY TO?

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:Do you pay to the Father, Jesus or the Holy Spirit, the Godhead or the Trinity?

Do you thank only Jesus for your salvation or all three members of the Godhead who had a hand in it?
I pray to Father God in the name of our advocate Jesus Christ.

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:But isn't Jesus our High Priest?
Absolutely and as the HIgh Priest He presents our petitions to God the Father.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

dolph wrote:
Justaned wrote:
dolph wrote:But isn't Jesus our High Priest?
Absolutely and as the HIgh Priest He presents our petitions to God the Father.
Then why don't you pray to Jesus?
In the Old Testament the High Priest was not prayed to. He was made aware of the request and he in turn presented it to God.
Since Jesus is part of the God head when we pray to Father God Jesus is made aware of our request He then presents it to God the Father.

When I pray I follow the Lord's prayer of what I call the Apostles prayer since it was given as a result of their request. That model is ACTS adornation, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication. When I pray I want to worship God so I pray to God the Father of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob giving HIm all my adornation, I then confess my shortcomings my failures and such, then I pray my thanksgiving for everything He has given me. I then let my wants, desires, my goals, my hopes be known. Since Jesus is a integal part of the God He is fully aware of my prayers which as my intercessor He presents to God.

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

WE CAN PRAY TO.....OURSELVES :shocked!: SEE LUKE 18:9-14.THE RELIGIOUS FELLOW PRAYED TO HIMSELF VERSE 11 AND WASTED HIS BAD BREATH.

THE PUBLICAN PRAYED TO GOD WITH HUMILITY AND WAS HEARD AND JUSTIFIED.

macca
After the Holy Ghost Has Come Upon You, Ye Shall Be My Witnesses

Post by macca »

Father God...never in my name...but by the authority of the name of Jesus, God's only begotten son

One Church i was part of, their prayer meetings were caotic because they never knew who they were praying to.

They would start out with the Father then throw in Jesus then the Spirit and stir them up some more as if they might get a hit if they mention everybody, just in case.

macca

branham1965

Post by branham1965 »

macca
99.9%%%% of born new Christians pray ,worship and address The Godhead.

TRUTH SEEKERS SHOULD READ JOHN 14 IN THE AMPLIFIED BIBLE.

DR. Roy Hicks = who was friends with Dad Hagin and wrote bodily healing in the atonement with McCrosson has 2 books on -sacred cows and-avoiding ditches.
in sacred cows he answers who should we pray to and dispels alot of nonsense that some teach today.

AMPLIFIED BIBLE JOHN 14-16. :mrgreen:
macca wrote:Father God...never in my name...but by the authority of the name of Jesus, God's only begotten son

One Church i was part of, their prayer meetings were caotic because they never knew who they were praying to.

They would start out with the Father then throw in Jesus then the Spirit and stir them up some more as if they might get a hit if they mention everybody, just in case.

macca