Dake Bible Discussion BoardHebrw 6:4-6 and Hebrews 10:26-30

General Discussion Forum devoted to the study of God's Word in Honor of Finis J. Dake.
bibleman
Administrator

Re: Hebrw 6:4-6 and Hebrews 10:26-30

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:You remind me of how the Catholic church taught me Ed, it does not matter what you do as far as sin goes, as long as you stay in the church you will be fine.
So we all sinned like hell and bragged about it. no worries they will anoint me after i die and heaven here i come. yaahoo

phooey
Wait one minute nobody here is excusing sin especially not me. All sin carries consequences and those are realized whether we are forgiven or not.

I'm saying a true Christian never commits intellentional malicious sin and that when they do commit unintentional and sins of omission their sin does not cost them their salvation.

Now where is all of that do I even remotely suggest we should all sin like hell and brag about it.

Let me also say the fact you said this about Catholicism proves without a shadow of a doubt you never understood Catholicism. Nothing in Caholic religion remotely suggests that an adherent should sin like hell and brag about it.
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "I'm saying a true Christian never commits intellentional malicious sin and that when they do commit unintentional and sins of omission their sin does not cost them their salvation."

Well that being the case... once a person truly gets saved then they can never be lost and die and go to Hell... right?
Nope!
I never said that. I said and I misspelled the word intentional I said no true Christian will commit a malicious intentional sin. In other words I don't see a Christian of ever committing first degree murder, child abuse, spouse abuse and such.

Does that mean a Christain can't sin? No they can and we all do and if we are honest probably daily. However those sins are unintentional, and sins of omission.

But I also believe a Christian can allow his faith to become cold, to withdraw from his relationship with Christ, to reject the wooing of the Holy Spirit that would draw him back into close fellowship. As the process takes place sin will become more frequent in his life and his excuses of it will become more complex. Eventually he will reach a point that the sin will no longer bother him and his heart will be hardened to the Holy Spirit.

It is at that point his salvation is in danger and could be lost completely but if it should be I don't think there is a road back either.
Hi Ed,

Above you said; "It is at that point his salvation is in danger and could be lost completely but if it should be I don't think there is a road back either."

Well how do you explain that there is no road back?

Does the BLOOD of Jesus loose it's power to cleans sin?
Does the CROSS of Christ have no more value?
Does the NAME of Jesus loose it's power?

Does Matthew ONLY apply to us and NOT to God?

Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

God bless
Leon Bible

http://www.ministryhelps.com
http://www.dakebible.com
http://www.dakebibleboard.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DakeBibleDiscussion/

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:You remind me of how the Catholic church taught me Ed, it does not matter what you do as far as sin goes, as long as you stay in the church you will be fine.
So we all sinned like hell and bragged about it. no worries they will anoint me after i die and heaven here i come. yaahoo

phooey
Wait one minute nobody here is excusing sin especially not me. All sin carries consequences and those are realized whether we are forgiven or not.

I'm saying a true Christian never commits intellentional malicious sin and that when they do commit unintentional and sins of omission their sin does not cost them their salvation.

Now where is all of that do I even remotely suggest we should all sin like hell and brag about it.

Let me also say the fact you said this about Catholicism proves without a shadow of a doubt you never understood Catholicism. Nothing in Caholic religion remotely suggests that an adherent should sin like hell and brag about it.
Hi Ed,

Above you said: "I'm saying a true Christian never commits intellentional malicious sin and that when they do commit unintentional and sins of omission their sin does not cost them their salvation."

Well that being the case... once a person truly gets saved then they can never be lost and die and go to Hell... right?
Nope!
I never said that. I said and I misspelled the word intentional I said no true Christian will commit a malicious intentional sin. In other words I don't see a Christian of ever committing first degree murder, child abuse, spouse abuse and such.

Does that mean a Christain can't sin? No they can and we all do and if we are honest probably daily. However those sins are unintentional, and sins of omission.

But I also believe a Christian can allow his faith to become cold, to withdraw from his relationship with Christ, to reject the wooing of the Holy Spirit that would draw him back into close fellowship. As the process takes place sin will become more frequent in his life and his excuses of it will become more complex. Eventually he will reach a point that the sin will no longer bother him and his heart will be hardened to the Holy Spirit.

It is at that point his salvation is in danger and could be lost completely but if it should be I don't think there is a road back either.
Hi Ed,

Above you said; "It is at that point his salvation is in danger and could be lost completely but if it should be I don't think there is a road back either."

Matthew 18:21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.

I explain it by way of Heb 6:4-6 and Hebre 10:26-30.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

phooey

Hi Ed,

Nope!

Hi Ed,

So should we tell backsliders that they can NOT come back to God?

God bless
Leon Bible

The fault in Bible complications is not with God or the Bible, but with men who refuse to believe what God says and think we have to interpret what He says in order to get the meaning. Dake Bible -Mark 11:17 note

Justaned
Little Children, Let No Man Deceive You: He that Doeth Righteousness is Righteous, Even as He is Righteous

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:

phooey

Hi Ed,

Nope!

Hi Ed,

So should we tell backsliders that they can NOT come back to God?
When they have reached the point of having rejected Christ, I don't think we have to tell them anything. I think they already know it and are alright with it.

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

I think for too long preachers in a effort to fill the altar have warned backslidders that if they died tonight they would go to hell. So get yourself up here and pray. They then take great pride in getting everyone saved. People nod their heads to others as much as saying, "it is about time old brother so in so or sister what's her name get right with the Lord I just knew they weren't living for God. Thank God I'm not like them."

Instead of saying if you keep on sinning sooner or later your heart will harden to your sin, it won't trouble you any more and before you know it you will begin to question your need for Jesus Christ in your life.

If you keep on this road you will eventually come to point where you will decide you don't need Jesus, you will reject His salvation, you will willingly walk away from everything you once believed and call it a lie. At that point there is no way back.

It is your discussion God said work out your own salvation with fear and tremblin and I suggest you do that right now or tonight but don't keep walking down that road.

Of course this is a far less entertaining way to do it and most people aren't there to worship God but rather to be entertained and get credit for attending church.

macca
Tarry Until Ye Be Endued With Power From On High

Post by macca »

Justaned wrote:

phooey

I was brought up in the catholic faith Ed, our parish priests were known child molesters, 3 that i know of off hand, one of them married my wife and i.
The people i grew up with showed by their actions that they were not christians but still went to church and took the communion as if they were as white as snow.
Most of the catholics i know personaly don't even believe there is a life after death let alone if they will make heaven.

So it really is drink, sin and be merry because there is nothing after this, to be sure of.

The catholic church might teach something different if you read their matterials, but, there is no power behind their beliefs to back up their words.
They are a bankrupt cult that holds its people in fear and outright lies.

macca

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:

phooey

I was brought up in the catholic faith Ed, our parish priests were known child molesters, 3 that i know of off hand, one of them married my wife and i.
The people i grew up with showed by their actions that they were not christians but still went to church and took the communion as if they were as white as snow.
Most of the catholics i know personaly don't even believe there is a life after death let alone if they will make heaven.

So it really is drink, sin and be merry because there is nothing after this, to be sure of.

The catholic church might teach something different if you read their matterials, but, there is no power behind their beliefs to back up their words.

macca
Macca
I'm sorry that you were exposed to man's sins by people you should be able to trust. However that does not make the whole denomination bad.

I can name Preachers in many denominations that were convicted of child molestation and still have credentials in their respective denominations. I can take you to prisons and introduce you to men that once were preachers and are now in jail for child molestation and other crimes. So should I say all Christianity is bad because of that? NO!

Remember you will hear more about the Catholics than anyone else because the Catholic Religion has more to lose. I'm not saying the events didn't happen but I'm saying by someone coming forward and saying it did they have a better chance of be compensated for if than from say Independant Pentecostal church down the Lane.

A kid that was molested by a preacher in a tiny church has to think about telling the world what he was involved in and with little or no proof. How does he prove it? If the church has nothing to pay in a settlement no Lawyer is going to get involved. But if the church has millions a lawyer will get involved, hire a detective, interview hundreds of people and make a case.

The Catechism of Church is what the CHURCH believes, does that mean every Catholic knows them and believes them? NO! Just as most Protestant really don't know what their church really believes.

I belong to a Pentecostal denomination that does not tolerate alcohol. Yet I don't have enough fingers to count all the people I know that attend church and drink. Many are functional alcoholics that have their cocktails every evening to numb them enough that they fall asleep.

I also know some very devout Catholics, men and women that walk Christ like on this earth. They depend only of Christ for their salvation and dedicated their lives to God's service. How did they happen? They tell me that was the result of Priests and Nuns pouring their lives into them, teaching them the truth of Catholicism, and most importantly leading them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

So your generalization is just that a generalization and as such does not apply to everyone equally. so why make it.

Besides it is proven fact that most people that were in a religion and then later got saved by another denomination will fault the first as being a false religion. But it happens across denominational lines. A Methodist gets saved in a baptist church will fault the Methodist for not getting him saved. Likewise the Baptist from the same church goes to the same Methodist church and gets saved now fault the baptist and swears by the Methodist. This is proven fact in the nature of man. Proven by years of research and interviews.

Do your own research on the subject and see for yourself.

bibleman
Administrator

Post by bibleman »

Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:

phooey

macca
Macca
I'm sorry that you were exposed to man's sins by people you should be able to trust. However that does not make the whole denomination bad.

I can name Preachers in many denominations that were convicted of child molestation and still have credentials in their respective denominations. I can take you to prisons and introduce you to men that once were preachers and are now in jail for child molestation and other crimes. So I say all Christianity is bad because of that?

Remember you will hear more about the Catholics than anyone else because the Catholic Religion has more to lose. I'm not saying the events didn't happen but I'm saying by someone coming forward and saying it did they have a better chance of be compensated for if than from say Independant Pentecostal church down the Lane.

A kid that was molested by a preacher in a tiny church has to think about telling the world what he was involved in and with little or no proof. How does he prove it? If the church has nothing to pay a settlement no Lawyer is going to get involved. But if the church has millions a lawyer will get involved, hire a detective, interview hundreds of people and make a case.

The Catechism of Church is what the CHURCH believes, does that mean every Catholic knows them and believes them? NO! Just as most Protestant really don't know what their church really believes.

I belong to a Pentecostal denomination that does not tolerate alcohol. Yet I don't have enough fingers to count all the people I know that attend church and drink. Many are functional alcoholics that have their cocktails every evening to numb them enough that they fall asleep.

I also know some very devout Catholics, men and women that walk Christ like on this earth. They depend only of Christ for their salvation and dedicated their lives to God's service. How did they happen? They tell me that was the result of Priests and Nuns pour their lives into them, teaching them the truth of Catholicism, and most importantly leading them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

So your generalization is just that a generalization and as such does not apply to everyone equally.
Hi Ed,

Above you said of your church the Assemblies of God: "I belong to a Pentecostal denomination that does not tolerate alcohol. Yet I don't have enough fingers to count all the people I know that attend church and drink. Many are functional alcoholics that have their cocktails every evening to numb them enough that they fall asleep."

You mean at YOUR church there are MANY who are alcoholics who drink until they are numb enough to fall asleep!

WOW! - Why don't you find you another church.

God bless
Leon Bible

Justaned

Post by Justaned »

bibleman wrote:
Justaned wrote:
macca wrote:
Justaned wrote:

phooey

macca
Macca

I can name Preachers in many denominations that were convicted of child molestation and still have credentials in their respective denominations. I can take you to prisons and introduce you to men that once were preachers and are now in jail for child molestation and other crimes. So I say all Christianity is bad because of that?

A kid that was molested by a preacher in a tiny church has to think about telling the world what he was involved in and with little or no proof. How does he prove it? If the church has nothing to pay a settlement no Lawyer is going to get involved. But if the church has millions a lawyer will get involved, hire a detective, interview hundreds of people and make a case.

I also know some very devout Catholics, men and women that walk Christ like on this earth. They depend only of Christ for their salvation and dedicated their lives to God's service. How did they happen? They tell me that was the result of Priests and Nuns pour their lives into them, teaching them the truth of Catholicism, and most importantly leading them to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.

So your generalization is just that a generalization and as such does not apply to everyone equally.
Hi Ed,

Above you said of your church the Assemblies of God: "I belong to a Pentecostal denomination that does not tolerate alcohol. Yet I don't have enough fingers to count all the people I know that attend church and drink. Many are functional alcoholics that have their cocktails every evening to numb them enough that they fall asleep."

You mean at YOUR church there are MANY who are alcoholics who drink until they are numb enough to fall asleep!

WOW! - Why don't you find you another church.
I didn't say MY church. I said I know people that attend church, A church, that are functional alcoholics. I will bet I could find a surprising number in your church Bibleman. My guess is you preached to people that sat in your pews listening to you while suffering a hangover from Sat evening.

It would be my guess if I did find them and brought them to you, you would not be surprised. You weren't sure but you knew something is wrong. If not then you need to find a church where you can get people saved.

Watchman2013
Wrestle Against Spiritual Wickedness in High Places

Post by Watchman2013 »

WOW!!! What a thread! Not what one can absorb at one, or even several, sittings. Before I forget it, here's what I found my DRL:

Matthew Henry's "take" on the what he, and I, consider to be characteristics of those who have committed The Unpardonable Sin, found in the Gospel of Matthew:

"Blasphemy of the Pharisees (12:31,32)
Here is a gracious assurance of the pardon of all sin upon gospel terms. Christ herein has set an example to the sons of men, to be ready to forgive words spoken against them. But humble and conscientious believers, at times are tempted to think they have committed the unpardonable sin, while those who have come the nearest to it, seldom have any fear about it. We may be sure that those who indeed repent and believe the gospel, have not committed this sin, or any other of the same kind; for repentance and faith are the special gifts of God, which he would not bestow on any man, if he were determined never to pardon him; and those who fear they have committed this sin, give a good sign that they have not. The trembling, contrite sinner, has the witness in himself that this is not his case.Matthew Henry Concise Bible Commentary."

I have known of men, and some women, that had known Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, who, for a time, left the path that Christ set before them, and had gone after false gods, and into idolatry. That they were ineffectual in their efforts, and that God truly did woo them back, bringing them back to Him, could not be questioned, for as it is written, "By their fruit, ye shall know them." I believe that their repentance and asking for forgiveness, could only have come from God. I have never seen such zeal for God, or His Word.

Therefore, is it not possible that they were not only restored to God by His Mercy, Grace, and Love, but that they were renewed to His good purposes? I'm better able, I think to judge the character of others, than I was forty plus years ago. Yes, I can be fooled- outside of The Lord, who couldn't be? I don't pretend to be nearly as astute in scholarship, as I've witnessed in this wonderful thread. I don't claim any special wisdom or knowledge on this subject, or for that of any subject, as whatever "good" I've accomplished, has only been possible through God. I have to "reset" and go with what the Holy Spirit tells me. That being said, I'll return this thread to those more knowledgeable than I...

Maranatha

Watchman2013

"Confess with your mouth, that 'Jesus is Lord,' believing in your heart that God raised Him from the Dead, and you will be saved, for with the heart, man believes and is justified, and with his profession of faith, he is saved." Romans 10:9-10.